Marketing Day: New Hootsuite Features, IAB’s L.E.A.N. Ads Program & Buffer’s New Image Tool
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Social Platform Hootsuite Adds Features To Help Employees “Amplify” Company News
Oct 16, 2015 by Barry Levine
A new mobile app and dashboard controls make it easier for workers to share their company’s news on their social networks.
- The IAB Introduces L.E.A.N. Ads Program In Response To Ad Blocking
Oct 16, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The group has introduced the L.E.A.N. Ads program to address the reasons consumers turn to ad blocking.
- Ad Blockers & Analytics: What Webmasters Should Know And Do
Oct 16, 2015 by Max Prin
Contributor Max Prin analyzes how an ad blocker works and offers a workaround to ensure you can deliver most Web page content and retrieve analytics data.
- Social Brand Mentions: Key Tools To Find And Fully Capitalize On Them For Marketing
Oct 16, 2015 by John Lincoln
If you have customers, chances are they’re going to be saying something about your brand online. Columnist John Lincoln reveals the best tools to help you monitor what they’re saying and offers some advice on how you should respond.
- Safe Harbor Overthrow Creates New Data Purgatory For US, EU Companies
Oct 16, 2015 by Greg Sterling
The SIINDA conference in Prague concluded today with a panel of European publishers and lawyers discussing a range of legal and regulatory issues now facing companies operating in Europe: taxation, competition, but mostly the defeat of the current Safe Harbor data transfer agreement.
- Talk Human To Me: Why It’s Time For Brands To Get Real
Oct 16, 2015 by Jordan Kretchmer
Columnist Jordan Kretchmer discusses how marketers can build a relationship with consumers that will inspire loyalty and set them apart from the competition.
- Evaluating Website Performance: I’m All About That Slope, ‘Bout That Slope
Oct 16, 2015 by Brian Massey
When you’re looking at a graph in Google Analytics, is it really obvious what you’re seeing? Not always. Columnist Brian Massey explains how you can understand the changes in your metrics and know what’s working for your online business.
- Toyota Intros Hydrogen Fuel Cell Mirai With “Back To The Future” Tie-In On Movie’s Anniversary
Oct 15, 2015 by Pamela Parker
With agencies Droga5 and Saatchi & Saatchi Los Angeles, Toyota taps into excitement about the occasion to promote its “futuristic” car.
- Mobile Marketer FollowAnalytics Follows The Trend Toward Messaging “Moments”
Oct 15, 2015 by Barry Levine
San Francisco-based firm adds Contextual Campaigns that are triggered by location, CRMs and user behavioral patterns.
- Buffer’s Pablo Now Creates Images Optimized For All The Social Networks
Oct 15, 2015 by Martin Beck
Free tool gives people simple way to create square images for Instagram, horizontal for Facebook and Twitter, vertical for Pinterest.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- “OK Google” Dropped As Way To Perform Voice Searches In Chrome On Desktop PCs
- Ending Decade Of Litigation, Court OKs Google Book Scanning As “Fair Use”
- Meet A Landy Award Winner: Go Fish Digital Drives 60% Traffic Jump For Reston Limo To Win Best Overall SEO Initiative
- Dispatch From SMX East: Battle Of The Match Types
- The Latest In Advanced Technical SEO: SMX East Recap
- Search In Pics: Android Ice Sculpture, National Coming Out Day & Google’s Drought
- Google Knowledge Graph Adds “Other Recordings Of This Song”
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 22 Quotes of Analytics Wisdom Straight From The Experts, blog.crazyegg.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Best WordPress Audience Understanding Plugins, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Blogging vs. Content Writing: What’s the Difference?, www.blogherald.com
- Get the Food Blogging Advice You Need From Seasoned Pro Jaden Hair, www.blogher.com
- Struggling to find TIME to blog? Read this, www.clicknewz.com
- Jack Dorsey’s action-packed calendar since he was named CEO of Twitter, qz.com
- Matt Kelly, Facebook’s Head of Growth Product, Is Leaving, techcrunch.com
- Twitter Discloses New Executive Chairman Kordestani’s Pay, Wall Street Journal
- Hating the Word ‘Content’ Made MRY’s CMO a Better Marketer, contently.com
- How to Create a Global Content Strategy, www.cmswire.com
- How to Tell an Effective Story with Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- The Struggle to Balance Fair Use and User Generated Content, www.adweek.com
- Want to Explain How-To? Do It Visually With These Free Tools, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 5 A/B Tests Jagex Aced to Skyrocket Conversions for Runescape, vwo.com
- Why You Can’t Live without A/B Testing, blog.marketo.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Is Above the Fold Really That Important?, conversionxl.com
- McSweeney’s tries its hand at brand copywriting, digiday.com
- Playing with type, poststatus.com
- Twitter to seek gTLDs in second round, www.trademarksandbrandsonline.com
- 10 Laws of Successful Marketplaces, techcrunch.com
- Amazon poised to win big as India launches annual festive shopping spree, www.reuters.com
- How to keep up with the new ecommerce trend, econsultancy.com
- More consumers will shop online this holiday season, many of them from their desks, www.internetretailer.com
- Winning holiday shoppers from Amazon means offering low prices and free shipping, www.internetretailer.com
- 6 Strategies for Improving Email Pitches to SMBs, streetfightmag.com
- Getting More People to Open Your Emails on Mobile Devices, www.compukol.com
- How Sticky Are Your Emails?, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- The Secret to Being a CMO for Almost a Decade, contently.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Ansira Acquires SQ1, The Conversion Optimization Agency, www.prnewswire.com
- Email security provider Mimecast files for U.S. IPO, www.reuters.com
- Eyeview and WideOrbit Partner on Programmatic TV Ad Buying, www.prnewswire.com
- Leanplum Unveils Partnership Program to Optimize Entire Mobile Journey, www.adotas.com
- Selligent To Merge With Strongview To Build Global Marketing Technology Company, www.martechadvisor.com
- This AI writes clickbait headlines, and its results may surprise you, qz.com
- Digitizing stored value: Apps and wallets, wallets and apps, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Every Brand Should Be Looking At Mobile, adexchanger.com
- Mexico’s Smartphone User Base Reaches 62.5 Million, www.emarketer.com
- Mobile-Only Content: The Next Big Marketing Trend, contently.com
- Pictures: A major Google Play redesign is coming soon, VentureBeat
- 12 Resources to Generate Leads with Social Media, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- An In-Depth Look at Facebook’s Lead Ads, blog.adstage.io
- Been Spammed By LinkedIn? You May Have Money Coming, smallbiztrends.com
- Etsy sellers get a faster path to social media, www.internetretailer.com
- Facebook vs. TV: Marketing’s New Enemy is ‘Truthiness’, adage.com
- Facebook’s “Dislike” Button Isn’t a Dislike Button At All, www.blogherald.com
- How to Get More Value From Social Ads, www.socialbakers.com
- How to Use the Power of Twitter’s Archive to Drive a Multi-Channel Social Strategy, www.adweek.com
- LinkedIn Targeting Tools Lead to Better ROE, smallbiztrends.com
- Marketing to Moments That Matter, insights.fb.com
- Social commerce: merchandising for a new generation of stars & fans, econsultancy.com
- Survey Finds Teens Prefer Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat for Social Networks, blogs.wsj.com
- Twitter And Facebook Are Turning Publishers Into Ghost Writers, techcrunch.com
- Alibaba offers to buy all of ‘China’s YouTube’, www.reuters.com
- Blab.im: Why Your Business Should Consider Blab, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Digital Video Advertising Skyrockets in Indonesia, www.emarketer.com
- Publishers eye Facebook as YouTube rival, digiday.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.