Marketing Day: Mobile E-Commerce Report, ICANN Proposes Policy Changes & Best Time To Tweet
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Mobile Is Converting: Accounts For More Than 30 Percent Of US Ecommerce Transactions In Q2
Online retailers and travel firms find success with apps. Cross-device measurement is becoming increasingly important.
- Facebook Touts Big Atlas Mobile Attribution Success For Live Nation’s Madonna Tour
Concert promoter saw a 66% increase in ticket sales tied to mobile devices, an fact that Facebook says would have been impossible to know without Atlas’ “people-based” measurement.
- ICANN Proposes Policy Changes To Remove Privacy Protection Around Domain Name Owner Info
Details that currently can be listed as private – like an owner’s name and address – could be made public under the new policy.
- Facebook Testing Lead Ads To Simplify Filling Out Forms On Mobile
New ad unit automatically populates forms with contact information that consumers have shared with the social network.
- When’s The Best Time To Tweet? For Maximum Clicks, Buffer Says 2 A.M.
Tweets in the wee hours produce higher engagement per tweet, according to a report by the social management platform.
- Quick Tips To Grow And Maintain A Healthy Email List
How do you get your email marketing list off the ground and then keep it growing by leaps and bounds? Columnist Eric Dezendorf offers some tips.
- Is Google’s Mobilegeddon Scaring Website Owners Into Bad Design Decisions?
Columnist Brian Massey believes Google may be doing businesses a disservice by recommending a responsive Web design to improve the mobile experience.
- Publishers Have Begun Prepping For Facebook’s Instant Articles Launch
Newsrooms have begun readying content for the coming Instant Article ramp up. With some publishers planning on launching 30 to 40 articles each day, the ‘instant’ gold rush is near.
- Swrve Launches Predictive Marketing Suite For Mobile Apps
Mobile marketing automation company says tool lets marketers engage with consumers proactively in a matter of seconds.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Yahoo’s New Mobile Browser Search Results Are Better Than Its App
- Reduce Cart Abandonment and Increase Revenue with Customer Reviews- July 29 Webcast
- Are Your Summer Hours Showing In Google? New Tool Makes Checking Google My Business Listings Easy
- Regional Associations Lend Support To Search Engine Land Awards
- Bing Sounds Off: Adds Audio To Homepage
- Google’s Future Relies On Quality Control
- 7 Key SEO Activities That Can Now Be Automated
- Matt Cutts Extends His Unpaid Leave With Google Through 2015
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Marketing: How to Set a Commission Structure, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Big Data Management Requires a Big Makeover, www.emarketer.com
- Which data challenges cause the most pain for marketers?, econsultancy.com
- Will You Need Analytics to Track Your App’s Behavior?, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Ways To Flood Your Blog With Traffic Using Pinterest, www.jeffbullas.com
- Answer These 25 Questions Before Publishing Your Next Post, pushingsocial.com
- Cloud-Based Tools to Stake Your Business Blog on, www.blogherald.com
- How to Interview Someone by Asking Memorable Questions, shankman.com
- How to Write Magical Blog Titles that Get Results, www.thesaleslion.com
- Why Picture List Posts Are The Perfect Content Formula, www.martechadvisor.com
- Why We Blew Up Our Blog, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Facebook’s workforce diversity update shows how far tech has to go, qz.com
- Satya Nadella reveals Microsoft’s new mission statement, sees ‘tough choices’ ahead, www.geekwire.com
- 4 Tips for Creating B2B Content When You’re at a Loss for Words, www.toprankblog.com
- Could Animation Be Your Next Content Piece?, www.distilled.net
- Expedient Content Marketing on a Shoestring Budget, www.compukol.com
- State of Content Marketing: B2B Tech, contently.com
- The Future of Content Creation Requires Humans Not Robots, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- These Mistakes Can Make Your Content Marketing an Epic Failure (but You Can Avoid Them), www.marketingprofs.com
- Why IBM’s content strategy hits the mark, econsultancy.com
- Friction: The Mobile Conversion Killer, unbounce.com
- How Jargon Kills Conversions, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Vistaprint Turns to UserTesting to Understand Vexing Usability Issue, www.usertesting.com
- Can’t find a .com domain for your business? Try .xyz, www.bizjournals.com
- This is Why People Hate ICANN: GNSO Resolution for Next round of New gTLD’s, www.thedomains.com
- What I Say I Am Doing With a Domain Name, www.domaininvesting.com
- Amazon Prime members convert 74% of the time, www.internetretailer.com
- 45 words to avoid in your email marketing subject lines, econsultancy.com
- Help! I’m Suspended for Sender Reputation Data, blog.returnpath.com
- How Online Fashion Retailers Are Using Customer Data in Email Marketing Programs, blog.movableink.com
- New Automatic Follow-Up Emails, www.verticalresponse.com
- Why Website Visitors Aren’t Joining Your Email List (And What You Can Do About It), blogs.constantcontact.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Hubspot’s Sales Products Adopted by 60k+ Companies as CRM Exits Beta, ir.hubspot.com
- Introducing Passport: Your Entry To A New World Of Email Design, www.mailjet.com
- Nielsen Enhances Retail Measurement Services By Integrating Brand Equity Metrics in a Single Platform, www.nielsen.com
- Plyfe Launches No-Cost Platform to Produce Polls, Quizzes, Swipe and Advanced Programming With No Coding Required, www.prweb.com
- Social Media Marketing Platform SOCi Launches Google+ Pages Integration for Business, www.prnewswire.com
- 3 Types of Mobile Messages for Marketing, blog.marketo.com
- On the Importance of Building Local Products With Merchants in Mind, streetfightmag.com
- Optimizing your mobile content, yoast.com
- Proof Push Notifications Matter for Mobile Apps in China, www.emarketer.com
- Survey: Yelp is #1 Choice for Finding Doctors, Lawyers & Home Service Providers, officialblog.yelp.com
- The Official Medium App Is Out Of Beta And Live In The Play Store For All, www.androidpolice.com
- 4 Twitter Tools that Help You With Customer Service, www.verticalresponse.com
- 6 Surprising B2B Facebook Marketing Case Studies, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Ads on Instagram: a user’s perspective, econsultancy.com
- Engaging Your Company in Social Media, www.stonetemple.com
- Facebook Hires Yahoo Cybersecurity Chief, blogs.wsj.com
- Getting Your First 1,000 Facebook Fans, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How to Use Facebook Custom Audiences for Increased Reach, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- I Watched a Day’s Worth of Snapchat Discover Stories: Here’s What I Learned, contently.com
- Social Media Enters the US Workforce, www.emarketer.com
- Unilever’s Axe drafts Justise Winslow to reach NBA fans on social, www.mobilemarketer.com
- What Marketers Need to Know About 5 New Types of Social Commerce, www.adweek.com
- Why Snapchat’s 3V Advertising Model Is Flawed, adage.com
- 3 Ways Meerkat Is Soundly Beating Periscope in a Side-by-Side Marketing Test, www.adweek.com
- 6 Powerful Ways to Promote Your Music Video on YouTube, www.reelseo.com
- Consumers’ Mobile Video Viewing Habits, www.marketingprofs.com
- Four practical tips to engage people with teaser video ads, econsultancy.com
- Four Reasons to Take Advantage of Facebook’s Evolving Video Strategy, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Video View Metric, www.adknowledge.com
- Tumblr Launches “Tumblr TV” A GIF Search Engine With A Full-Screen Viewing Mode, techcrunch.com
- UK Digital Video Viewers Keep Eyes on the TV, www.emarketer.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.