Marketing Day: SMB Facebook survey, Katch closes shop & digital ad revenues
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Survey finds most SMB advertisers on Facebook spend less than $50 per month
Apr 21, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Generating awareness the most common marketing scenario for local businesses on Facebook, says Alignable survey data.
- Get your mobile apps in shape with these 7 engagement practices
Apr 21, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Getting engagement right or realizing the potential of the mobile channel isn’t always simple or easy. What can you do to get your mobile apps in great engagement shape? Download this white paper from Insert to learn how to use engagement features to drive interaction with your app and impact your business results.
- Katch pulls the plug on its live video sharing & storage platform; will shut down May 4
Apr 21, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Unable to secure capital, the live video storage platform announced today that it will stop “katching” videos on April 22.
- Brand bidding & PPC optimization: effective bidding techniques (part 7 of 8)
Apr 21, 2016 by Lori Weiman
How do you deal with a rival trying to steal a SERP spot where your brand belongs? In part 7 of her 8-part series on brand bidding, Lori Weiman shows some examples of companies who are doing it right.
- US digital ad revenues top $59.6 billion in 2015, up 20 percent to hit another high
Apr 21, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The IAB’s annual report shows growth continuing to come from mobile, which now makes up 35 percent of search and display ad revenues.
- Facebook starts counting time spent when ranking links in people’s feeds
Apr 21, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook will start counting time spent when deciding which links to put in people’s mobile feeds and stop showing so many posts from the same pages.
- Automated CRM Signpost ups its game with built-in AI agent
Apr 21, 2016 by Barry Levine
Called Mia, the new intelligence is designed to apply learning from larger sets of data and is authorized to take more actions.
- Google Analytics’ mobile app gets a major upgrade on iOS & Android
Apr 21, 2016 by Matt McGee
New app available now offers customized reports, sharing options, updated look and feel with new navigation and more.
- How to ask customers for reviews (and actually get them)
Apr 21, 2016 by Brian Patterson
How do you get a satisfied customer to become an online advocate? Columnist Brian Patterson offers tips on how to ask for reviews to help bolster your business.
- Google launches DoubleClick Dynamic Ad Insertion to personalize TV ads across devices
Apr 21, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
New features in DoubleClick For Publishers are aimed at giving TV broadcasters more control over ad experiences across screens.
- What’s your brand’s story, anyway?
Apr 21, 2016 by Erika Trautman
Once you know what story you’re telling, you need to make sure your audience cares. Columnist Erika Trautman explains why interactive video storytelling can help you tell a better story that captivates your audience.
- LiveWorld launches first public tool — a high-speed management platform for social conversations
Apr 20, 2016 by Barry Levine
20-year-old community/social management provider claims moderators on its platform can process conversations up to 10 times faster than with other tools.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Better in-store attribution is here
- Google’s annual livestream of AdWords and Analytics news to be held May 24
- Top 9 reasons Google suspends local listings
- Call for entries: the 2016 Search Engine Land Awards
- Google to display TV station listings & times for searches on your favorite shows
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How Analytics Enables Marketing Leadership, adage.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Use a Blog to Build Loyalty, Increase Conversions, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 4 Elements of Successful Content Marketing on LinkedIn, www.toprankblog.com
- 7 Ways To Turn Your Employees Into An Army Of Content Creators, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 8 Tips for Effectively Outsourcing Your Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Affinity Content: The Key to Growing Your Community, www.copyblogger.com
- Ask a Content Guy: What’s the Difference Between Sponsored Content and Native Advertising?, contently.com
- Four Tools for Endless Content Ideas, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Kindness Makes Your Content More Successful, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Increase Your Authority with Evergreen Content, www.jeffbullas.com
- How to Pivot Your Content Strategy When Results Don’t Turn Out as Expected, www.komarketingassociates.com
- How to Thrive in the Era of Interactive Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- On Viral Headlines & Bad Listicles, seocopywriting.com
- Seven Steps to Combat Blog Content Thieves, www.problogger.net
- The Content Lie That Destroys Campaigns, www.searchenginejournal.com
- When Your Conference Ends, Let the Content Repurposing Begin, www.marketingprofs.com
- 5 Ways Data Improves Your SaaS Conversion Funnel, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How I Use Facebook’s Detailed Targeting to Get 60%+ Conversion Rates, blog.adstage.io
- How To Get Conversions From Conversations, blog.crazyegg.com
- Learn How to Make Your Landing Pages 247% More Awesome, www.wordstream.com
- .Tech Crosses the 100,000 Domain Registration Mark, www.thedomains.com
- Amazon Shuttering Myhabit.com, wwd.com
- Are retailers ready for shift to virtual reality shopping?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Are You Meeting the Needs of Today’s Multi-Device Shopper?, multichannelmerchant.com
- Chinese shoppers spend $10 billion in 2015 through cross-border e-commerce, www.internetretailer.com
- Merchants fear Amazon’s focus on private label brands, www.retaildive.com
- Survey: Retailers blame poor data insights for omnichannel struggles, www.retaildive.com
- Email Marketing for Media, Publishing and Entertainment, blog.movableink.com
- Just Let Go! Why Unsubscribing is Critical to Email Marketing Success, www.distilled.net
General Internet Marketing
- 3 Tips for Proving the ROI of Influencer Campaigns, www.adweek.com
- 5 Tips for Incorporating Infographics Into Your Marketing Strategy, www.copypress.com
- Account Based Marketing is Fueling a Revolution, Demandbase Claims, www.cmswire.com
- Adding Referral Marketing to Your Campaign: 7 Proven Tactics, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Real-time marketing: The key to real success?, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Periscope Research Shows Retailers Know They Are Not Delivering Omnichannel Experiences Fast Enough, www.realwire.com
- Adtech is going native on steroids, hyper-personalization and consolidation, techcrunch.com
- Five Ways AI Will Impact Marketing Over the Next 12 Months, adage.com
- MarTech Companies Unite In the Name of Account Based Marketing, www.cmswire.com
- Half Of Small Businesses Will Have A Mobile App by 2017, smallbiztrends.com
- Publishers find Google’s AMP speeds up pages, but ads are still slow, digiday.com
- Why Online Locations Matter Even More in the New Retail Landscape, streetfightmag.com
- 5 Elements of a Successful Instagram Marketing Strategy, www.toprankblog.com
- Facebook #SHOPPER Persona Targeting, www.aimclearblog.com
- Facebook glitch causes pages to automatically like its own posts, digiday.com
- Instagram may be key to fashion’s see now, buy now democratization, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Is there such a thing as ‘bad publicity’ on social media?, econsultancy.com
- LinkedIn makes all Lynda.com courses available on Apple TV, venturebeat.com
- Market To Millennials With Snapchat, smallbiztrends.com
- New research: 8 ways early tech adopters use Twitter, www.Twitter.com
- Pinterest acqui-hires founder of design app Curator, venturebeat.com
- Report: Love Is the Most Popular Facebook Reaction, www.adweek.com
- Solving the 10 Most Common Social Media Marketing Challenges, blog.bufferapp.com
- The Conversations You’re Missing on Social May Be Killing Your Brand, www.cmswire.com
- The Ultimate Guide to WhatsApp Marketing Strategy, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 5 Ways To Use Video To Showcase Handmade Products, smallbiztrends.com