Marketing Day: Microsoft To Buy InMobi, Location-Based Trends & Top Facebook Publishers
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Limelight Scores $3 Million To Launch Its Live Marketing Platform In U.S.
Jan 15, 2016 by Barry Levine
Toronto-based company says this is the first set of digital tools designed specifically for face-to-face events like test drives, in-person product sampling, trade shows and the like.
- Report: Microsoft To Buy Global Mobile Ad Platform InMobi — [Updated]
Jan 15, 2016 by Greg Sterling
According to an unconfirmed report, Microsoft is buying mobile ad network/platform InMobi. The company, which is based in Bangalore, India, says that its network touches more than a billion users per month.
- Why Grave Misconceptions About SEO Still Persist
Jan 15, 2016 by Jayson DeMers
Myths and misconceptions about search engine optimization just don’t seem to go away. Columnist Jayson DeMers offers an explanation for why this is so and what SEO professionals can do about it.
- Four Key Mobile And Location-Based Trends For 2016
Jan 15, 2016 by Aaron Strout
From mobile payments to the IoT, columnist Aaron Strout takes a look at the top trends in mobile we should expect to see this year.
- Time To Exercise The Right Brain In Marketing
Jan 15, 2016 by Claudine Bianchi
In a world inundated with messaging and branding, we need to look beyond the numbers and tools and focus on how to connect with people. Columnist Claudine Bianchi explains.
- Facebook’s “Find-a-Friend” Contacts-Invitation Tool Ruled Illegal In Germany
Jan 15, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Facebook’s “friend finder” contacts-invitation function has been found to violate Germany’s data protection rules. The country’s highest court also called it a deceptive marketing practice and has ordered the feature disabled in Germany.
- Minneapolis-Based Startup Nabs $3 Million To Offer Brand-Sponsored Online Courses
Jan 14, 2016 by Barry Levine
Launched late last year, The Big Know is providing expert-created courses about happiness, stress, diabetes and other topics for thousands of students at a time.
- Which Publishers Are Winning On Facebook? HuffPo & BuzzFeed Take The Lead
Jan 14, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
These news brands won on Facebook in December 2015, seeing success in covering topics such as gun control, politics and the environment.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Tests “What’s Hot” & “What’s Nearby” As Android Search Options
- Automate Your Way To SEM Success
- 6 Big Mistakes That SEO Rookies Make
- Search In Pics: Justin Trudeau At New Google Canadian Office, Google Expeditions Subaru & Fallout 4 Statue
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- Simple 5 Step Blog Post Formula Anyone Can Follow, heidicohen.com
- Foursquare Raises $45 Million, Cutting Its Valuation Nearly in Half, New York Times
- Can Tumblr save Yahoo?, qz.com
- The government wants Silicon Valley to build terrorist-spotting algorithms. But is it possible?, fusion.net
- 3 Resources to Help Your Content-Driven Website Flourish, www.copyblogger.com
- Content Marketing for People Who Hate Writing, contently.com
- Content Marketing Tips for B2B Organizations, moz.com
- How Much of Your Content Marketing Is Effective?, www.martechadvisor.com
- How To Diagnose Ineffective Content (and Turn Your Performance Around), blog.crazyegg.com
- How to Keep Content Marketing and Demand Gen Teams In Sync, www.cmswire.com
- The Jargon Monster: What Is Content Marketing, Really?, contently.com
- The Marketplace of Content, www.conversationagent.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Steps To Guide Your Client Through A Redesign, www.ppchero.com
- 5 Fast Rules of Digital Experience Success, www.cmswire.com
- Customer Experiences are Marketing, www.jeffkorhan.com
- Web design convergence: What? Why? And does it matter?, econsultancy.com
- Apparently, I Was Wrong About “Brandable” Domain Names, www.domaininvesting.com
- Why you shouldn’t go bananas over Banana.com domain name sale, domainnamewire.com
- Amazon Has Just Registered to Sell Ocean Freight, www.flexport.com
- Amazon is cutting the price of its Prime membership to $73 just for this weekend, qz.com
- Venture Capital Is Terrible At Online Shopping, techcrunch.com
- Why touch commerce will reign supreme in 2016, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Retailers Rely on Triggered Emails, www.emarketer.com
- Video + email: These 5 brands nailed it, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- 17 Platforms That Will Make You a Better Marketer, contently.com
- A Guiding Light Into The Future Of Marketing, techcrunch.com
- Data-Driven CMOs: Leaving the Information Age, analytics.blogspot.com
- Boost ROI With Predictive Marketing, www.cmswire.com
- How to Close the B-to-B Ad-Tech Gap, adage.com
- The MarTech You’ll Need in 5 Years, www.cmswire.com
- Which Industries Use Digital Tools the Most (and Least)?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Best practices for advertising in mobile commerce, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Google Is Finally Rolling Out App Promo Codes In The Play Store, www.androidpolice.com
- How App Store Ratings Impact Downloads, www.adweek.com
- 7 Steps For An Effective Social Media Marketing Plan, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Facebook Audience Overlap: Find Commonalities Between Audiences, www.jonloomer.com
- Five Tips for Creating and Using a Great Event Hashtag, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Are Paid Facebook Campaigns Impacting Other Searches?, smallbiztrends.com
- How branded online communities can boost your ROI, www.martechadvisor.com
- How to Gather Fan Feedback on Social Media, www.convinceandconvert.com
- The Second Generation of Sharing, www.adweek.com
- Twitter now lets you set the duration of your polls, venturebeat.com
- Want Social Engagement? Invest in Original Content, Not Super Bowl Tweets, contently.com
- Why Do I get Served THOSE Facebook Ads?!, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 8+ Tips to Create a Great Script for Successful Videos, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Copyranter guide to making a viral video, digiday.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.