Marketing Day: Microsoft Leadership Changes, Snapchat Sells Sponsored Geofilters & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Microsoft Announces Leadership Changes: Elop & Penn Out, Myerson To Lead Windows & Devices
Nadella says changes will position Microsoft to build products and services customers love, and help the company drive new growth.
- Salesforce Announces Marketing Cloud Updates Coming Later This Year
Two platforms, Journey Builder and Active Audiences, will get updates to help marketers optimize customer journey across digital channels and devices, and with six new partners.
- 42 Percent Of Programmatic Buyers Still Get Reporting In Spreadsheet Attachments
Survey finds DSPs and other major buyers challenged by cumbersome, outdated reporting.
- LiveIntent Lands $32.5 Million In Funding For Email Advertising Platform
Funding will be used to continue building out and enhancing the platform that enables advertising in emails across devices.
- DoubleClick Adds Cross-Device Measurement Across Web, Native Units, Programmatic Guaranteed
Solutions aimed at making DoubleClick more competitive in mobile era.
- Why Pay For GUIs Instead Of APIs?
GUI, API — don’t get bogged down by the acronyms. Columnist Andrew Ruegger explains why APIs are key for businesses to successfully leverage big data.
- Rubicon Project Expands Premium Mobile Video Supply With Virool’s InLine Format
The InLine video format is aimed at adding premium video inventory to mobile as an alternative to invasive takeovers.
- 3 “Hidden” Google Analytics Reports For Retailers
How can retailers get the most out of Google Analytics? Columnist David Rekuc describes three reports you may not be using yet that can help you uncover useful data.
- AdRoll Launches First-Party Data Pool For New Customer Targeting
Retargeting firm expands into upper-funnel audience targeting based on intent data across the web and Facebook.
- SourceKnowledge Introduces Engage, A New Performance-Based Programmatic Video Ad Platform
Company touts boost in ad engagement when pre-roll video is combined with sequential display ads.
- Snapchat Starts Selling Sponsored Geofilters; McDonald’s Steps Up First
More than 1 million snaps a day include location-based stickers. Now brands will be able to create and sponsor their own.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Enterprise Social Media Management Software Marketer’s Guide- Updated for 2015
- Google Trends Now Tracking YouTube & Google News To Identify Trending Topics In Real-Time
- The Missing Link: 3 Steps For Connecting TV & SEM Performance
- Keyword Research For A New Website
- 3 Incredible Social PPC Hacks For Crazy Engagement & ROI
- When Google Gets It Wrong: Direct Answers With Debatable, Incorrect & Weird Content
- AdWords Upgraded URLs Deadline: July 1st
- When Did The Statue Of Liberty Arrive In New York Harbor? Google Logo Marks Its 130th Anniversary
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Smart Marketers Can Use Data To Build Trust, adexchanger.com
- Using Short Links to Verify Clicks in Marketing Campaigns, www.practicalecommerce.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Attract Over 50K Subscribers in 6 Months, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Ensure Your Next Post Gets Seen by Thousands of People, www.blogtyrant.com
- Microsoft’s head of phones, Jo Harlow, has also left the company, www.theverge.com
- Microsoft’s Mark Penn Forms New Digital Marketing Investment Group, blogs.wsj.com
- Once the web’s fastest growing aggregator, Upworthy pivots, www.capitalnewyork.com
- Uber Hires Brian McClendon, (ex) Google VP of Maps, blumenthals.com
- Yahoo and 7UP to Live Stream Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC) Las Vegas 2015, yahoo.tumblr.com
- 3 Types of Basic Content You Can’t Afford To Ignore, heidicohen.com
- A-Z Conversion Content Marketing Guide for B2C Marketers, smallbiztrends.com
- Ann Handley on Quality Versus Quantity, www.toprankblog.com
- How to Build Your Content Marketing Team at Scale, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Make Content Marketing Work for Your Small Business, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How to Use Buyer Personas & CTAs in Content Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Reduce the Guesswork to Creating Great Content, www.cmswire.com
- Three great content tips from the Tug Life pop-up expo, econsultancy.com
- Why Your Content Strategy Needs Social Intelligence, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Craft an How to Craft an Effective Call to Action, www.convinceandconvert.com
- The Hard Life of an Optimizer, conversionxl.com
- The Impact of Tone of Voice on Conversions, blog.crazyegg.com
- How Whoosh Inc. Bought Whoosh.com from Directv, www.thedomains.com
- 7 Ways to Improve Ecommerce Site Navigation, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Creepy or Cool? What Consumers Think About The Store of the Future, www.getelastic.com
- Dell banks on a global ecommerce platform overhaul, www.internetretailer.com
- eBay Enterprise sale said to be ready by July 1 split with PayPal, www.internetretailer.com
- The Art of Selling on Amazon, www.swellpath.com
- Guide to Autoresponders Part 1: Benefits and Welcome Emails, www.verticalresponse.com
- How universities are using best practices to craft A+ emails, myemma.com
- List Validation Service FAQs, blog.returnpath.com
- New ways to add Reminders in Inbox by Gmail, gmailblog.blogspot.com
- One Big Mistake You Don’t Want to Make When Growing Your Email List, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Why You Should Start Email Marketing Today, www.thunderactive.com
General Internet Marketing
- Hiring a MSP Helps Your Engagement Marketing Strategy, blog.marketo.com
- How to Align Your Entire Company with Your Marketing Strategy, moz.com
- How to Cheat at Creating Great Presentations for Tech & Marketing Audiences, moz.com
- New Evergage Survey Finds 91% of Marketers Currently Use or Intend to Use Personalization Within the Next Year, www.evergage.com
- Web 3.0 Is Just Around the Corner, www.blogherald.com
- Why All the Hate for the Digital Thought Leaders?, www.thesaleslion.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- LeadPages Announces $27 Million Series B Funding, PR Newswire
- Sitecore selects Netbiscuits Device Detection to improve multi-screen content experience, blog.netbiscuits.com
- Swrve Appoints Martin Doettling as Chief Marketing Officer, www.martechadvisor.com
- Verve Mobile Hires Retail Marketing Executive Julie Bernard as Chief Marketing Officer, www.prnewswire.com
- Salesforce.com Opens Up Access To Ad Tech Companies, adexchanger.com
- Small Biz and Big Tech: How to Connect Local Merchants With Today’s Ad Technology, streetfightmag.com
- Apple Watch’s role in a data-driven advertising environment, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Domino’s adds text to growing roster of mobile ordering capabilities, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Everything You Need To Know About Marketing Mobile Apps, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How Mobile Service Providers Are Driving Mobile Web Use in Brazil, www.emarketer.com
- How-to guide: responding to Yelp reviews, biz.yelp.com
- The rise and fall of Nokia, in one chart, qz.com
- The Top 5 Reputation Management Tips Your Boss Wants You to Know, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 10 Killer Instagram Marketing Strategies, blog.movableink.com
- 15 Ways to Use Facebook Custom Audiences, www.stateofdigital.com
- 5 Tips for Cranking Up the Comments on Instagram, simplymeasured.com
- Business Not On Facebook? You’re Missing Out, Study Says, smallbiztrends.com
- Facebook’s Buy It Now Button Has a Huge Advantage over Buyable Pins, 3qdigital.com
- For Social Media, Pay to Play is the New Reality, localu.org
- How to Allocate Your Time Managing Social Media, www.adweek.com
- How to Create LinkedIn Ads That Generate Results For Your Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Customize Your Firm’s Messaging Across Social Media, simplymeasured.com
- How to Manage Your LinkedIn Ads at Scale, blog.adstage.io
- How to Use LinkedIn to Build (and Grow) Your Online Business, www.copyblogger.com
- How We Use Facebook Custom Audiences for Our Marketing, blog.mailchimp.com
- LinkedIn Testing Three New Apps, Including Messaging, blogs.wsj.com
- Marketers’ Biggest Social Media Challenges, www.marketingprofs.com
- Seven Habits of Highly Engaging Facebook Content Creators, www.marketingprofs.com
- Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel Deletes His Tweets, blogs.wsj.com
- Social Media Tips For Boring Industries, www.koozai.com
- The Glaring Hole In Twitter’s New Shared Blocking Feature, www.wired.com
- The Most Effective Ways to Schedule Tweets, www.razorsocial.com
- Twitter In 2015: The Story For Marketers So Far, www.socialbro.com
- Will Marketers Ever Grasp Social ROI Measurement?, www.emarketer.com
- U2, Meerkat team up on streaming for tour, USA Today
- Dove’s latest viral video success targets dads with emotional message, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Marketers! Choose The Right Video Camera: Interviews To Flashmobs, www.aimclearblog.com
- Programmatic Video Takes a Bite Out of Budgets, www.emarketer.com
- Six Key Metrics for Measuring the ROI on Video Content, adage.com
- Top Video Creators Across Social Video Platforms, www.reelseo.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.