Marketing Day: Microsoft and Amazon assistants, Quora advertising updates, fake social accounts & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Live webinar with Scott Brinker: 5,000+ martech tools — where do you start?
Aug 16, 2018 by Marketing Land Staff
You’ve seen the martech landscape graphic with 5,000+ logos. You’re adept at marketing automation, data crunching and multichannel campaign analysis. You (think you) know the difference between a CDP, DMP and iPaaS.
- Fake social accounts: Another problem for marketers to monitor
Aug 16, 2018 by Barry Levine
For New York City-based threat intelligence firm IntSights, it’s a never-ending battle against posts from imitation brands and CEOs.
- Quora advertisers can now optimize campaigns for conversions
Aug 16, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
Bidding is based on the advertiser’s designated cost per action as the system aims to deliver ads to users most likely to convert.
- 15 questions to ask yourself before publishing a new landing page
Aug 16, 2018 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Building landing pages? Contributor Jacob Baadsgaard has compiled a tried-and-true list of 15 questions to help guide you in creating and evaluating new landing pages.
- Microsoft and Amazon marry their assistants, but will the honeymoon be short-lived?
Aug 16, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Awkward at launch, let’s hope they can make assistant “interoperability” better.
- Don’t miss proven & actionable tactics from Google and Bing
Aug 15, 2018 by Marketing Land
Struggling to keep up with search algorithm updates, SERP features and evolving ad formats and platforms? It can be overwhelming. We have the solution. Get first-hand advice from Google and Bing at SMX® East, October 24-25 in NYC.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Tweetbot & Twitterrific remove features no longer available as Twitter rolls out API updates
Aug 16, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
As announced in December 2017, Twitter is ending API access to site streams, users streams and direct messaging features starting today.
- Report: Marketers are missing mobile opportunities to reach customers in store
Aug 16, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
The Salesforce/Publicis.Sapient study reveals that 71% of retail customers use their phone during their in-store shopping experience.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 10 Knockout Tips from Top Video Experts For an Insights Driven Video Strategy, Tubular Insights
- 4 Ways to Turn Still Image Ads Into Video Ads | Facebook Business, Facebook
- Canalys: Smart speaker market grew 187% in Q2 2018, VentureBeat
- How Google’s Cross-Device Tracking Will Improve Marketer’s Understanding of User Behavior, Skyword
- How to Do Pop-Ups Right, DMNews
- How To Grow an Email List With Subscribers Who Are Willing To Pay, Jeff Bullas
- Simplifying Data Studio Embeds and Social Sharing, Google
- Update on Myanmar, Facebook Newsroom
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.