Marketing Day: #MadeByGoogle hardware event, holiday retail forecast & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How mobile has changed the way we search, based on 10+ years of eye-tracking studies
Oct 4, 2016 by Kristi Kellogg
How has the rise of mobile changed the way people view Google SERPs? Contributor Kristi Kellogg summarizes a session from SMX East in which Mediative’s Chris Pinkerton discusses the results of eye-tracking studies.
- Google opens the AMP fire hose
Oct 4, 2016 by Barb Palser
Columnist Barb Palser believes that the broad surfacing of AMP content in mobile search will expose a universe of AMP content that’s been hidden from view.
- 3 mysterious and scary ways AdWords budget creep can happen to you
Oct 4, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
Are you feeling spooked by a mysterious rise in ad spend? Columnist Pauline Jakober takes a look at what you can do in AdWords to solve the mystery.
- NRF’s 2016 holiday retail season forecast: 3.6% increase & strong chance of non-store growth
Oct 4, 2016 by Greg Finn
The National Retail Federation has announced a moderate forecast for retailers across the board and a favorable forecast for those non-store sellers.
- Google debuts new Pixel phone, Google Home & Google Assistant
Oct 4, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
New Google Pixel phones. Google Home to take on Amazon Echo. And more hardware news from Google, during its big event today.
- Don’t overlook your current customers with your ABM strategy
Oct 4, 2016 by Thomas Koletas
Make no mistake, account-based marketing is ideal for targeting prospects. But contributor Thomas Koletas explains why you should also be using it for retaining and upselling your existing customers.
- Criteo set to acquire HookLogic
Oct 4, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
HookLogic’s solution that powers search ads on retail and travel sites will continue to operate, says Criteo.
- How to get more mileage out of the content you create
Oct 4, 2016 by Ural Cebeci
How do you get the most value out of your content? Contributor Ural Cebeci discusses strategies for crafting compelling content that gets your audience hooked and wanting more.
- Amazon bans incentivized reviews outside of its own Vine program
Oct 4, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Manufacturers will no longer be permitted to provide products independently in exchange for reviews.
- MarTech Today: Demandbase’s AI-powered DemandGraph, the newest Adobe-Microsoft partnership & the AMP firehose
Oct 4, 2016 by Barry Levine
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Demandbase adds AI-powered DemandGraph to generate lists of targeted accounts Oct 3, 2016 by Barry Levine New resource turns data about companies’ customers, interests, suppliers, deals and more into ‘business graphs’ […]
- With Google Home looming, Amazon launches 100+ spots in new Alexa ad campaign
Oct 3, 2016 by Matt McGee
Amazon aims to deflect attention from Google’s shiny new personal assistant, Home, which is expected to get a big push during a Google press event Tuesday.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Using search marketing to amplify TV buys: SMX East 2016
- Google seeks to humanize its brand with new “Google Assistant” female persona
- With Google Assistant & Google Home, Google seeks to win the hands-free generation of search
- Google and Progressive Web Apps: the mobile experience and SEO
- Multi-location local SEO strategy: domain structure
- Bing Ads opens pilot for device bidding
- Don’t let your business play possum with local search
- WordPress.com adds “advanced” SEO tools, and it’ll make you smile
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- U.S. Circuit Court Finds Operator of Affiliate Marketing Network Responsible for Deceptive Third-Party Claims Made for LeanSpa Weight-loss Supplement, www.ftc.gov
- Announcing the Updated Kissmetrics Funnel Report, KISS Metrics
- Don’t Make the Mistake of Using Aggregated Data, Web Analytics World
- Google Actively Working On Analytics Spam Issue, Search Engine Roundtable
- Instant Articles Analytics Integration, Luna Metrics
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Must-Haves of an Effective Comment Policy, Convince and Convert
- Which is the Best Permalink Structure For Your Blog?, ProBlogger
- Twitter pays £1.24m in UK tax as revenues increase by 30.5%, The Guardian
- Exclusive: Yahoo secretly scanned customer emails for U.S. intelligence – sources, Reuters
- Feel the Vibes! Yahoo Newsroom is Here., Official Yahoo Blog
- 3 tips to make your content easy to consume, adsense.googleblog.com
- 3 Ways to Extend the Life of Your Content, Content Marketing Institute
- “How Do I Get People to Read My Content?”, Mack Collier
- Introducing Contently Live, Contently
- The Secret Ingredient to Effective B2B Content Marketing Performance, www.komarketingassociates.com
- 3 Ways to Increase Landing Page Conversions, Marketo
- How Agencies Should View Conversion Optimization | An Interview with Paul Rouke, vwo.com
- How to Make More Money With Bayesian A/B Test Evaluation, ConversionXL
- NameJet.com Announces $655K In Sales In September, The Domains
- 7 strategies for increasing retail sales online, Internet Retailer
- Amazon bans incentivized reviews tied to free or discounted products, TechCrunch
- Higher shipping fees will force e-retailers to adjust, Internet Retailer
- .Com Winners & Losers: A slow month, Domain Name Wire
- Email isn’t dead, or dying. It’s thriving, says Adobe, www.zdnet.com
- Emma now integrates with MINDBODY!, myemma.com
- Why Brands Need to Tap into User-Generated Content (And How to Use It in Your Emails), Movable Ink
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- Marchex CEO Peter Christothoulou and Chairman Clark Kokich resign, www.bizjournals.com
- Shopify acquires product design firm Boltmade to boost Shopify Plus, TechCrunch
- 5 Ways Marketers Can Improve Their Data Management, www.cmswire.com
- How artificial intelligence can unlock the potential of mobile retail, Internet Retailer
- How Modern Information Management Can Lead to Happier Customers, www.cmswire.com
- Marketo Unveils Suite of Product Updates, Continues to Set the Agenda for Tomorrow’s Marketer, PR Newswire
- There’s No Reason Not To Be Bullish On Ad Tech, Ad Exchanger
- Episerver Acquires Omnichannel Campaign Management Vendor Optivo, PR Newswire
- Will marketers be automated out of a job?, eConsultancy
- 4 Things You Think You Know About Location Services (But Don’t), www.cmswire.com
- What is AMP? What are the benefits? And how can I implement it?, www.branded3.com
- 45 Creative Social Media Marketing Tips You Don’t Hear Every Day, Small Business Trends
- Study: 92 per cent of retailers investing in social marketing, Facebook leads way, www.thedrum.com
- 3 Silly and Sinister Social Fails to Learn From, Social Media Explorer
- 7 Helpful Hacks for More Successful Social Media Community Management, Online Marketing Blog
- Facebook Engagement Custom Audiences: Everything You Need to Know, blog.adstage.io
- Instagram for Business: 30 Super-Actionable Tips, blog.bufferapp.com
- 6 reasons why your video ad should be on Pinterest, www.thedrum.com
- 27 Video Marketing Statistics That Will Have You Hitting the Record Button, Small Business Trends
- Seven kids & baby ecommerce brands using YouTube to reach parents, eConsultancy
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech