Marketing Day: Local sponsorship campaigns, CMOs in the know & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Unique international trends require a unique marketing approach
Dec 27, 2017 by Brendan McGonigle
Trends and interests change from one market to another, so why do so many advertisers apply the same approach across markets? Columnist Brendan McGonigle shares Yandex’s top search trends of 2017.
- Embrace a product manager mindset to improve 2018 SEO KPIs
Dec 27, 2017 by Adam Dorfman
How can you improve your performance in the new year? Columnist Adam Dorfman recommends thinking more like a product manager, focusing on activities that provide measurable impact to your company’s most important goals.
- 2017: The year in B2B marketing innovation
Dec 27, 2017 by Peter Isaacson
As we close in on the new year, columnist Peter Isaacson takes a look back at the trends that shaped B2B marketing and anticipates how they’ll continue to unfold in 2018.
- A tale of two GoFundMe’s: Why centralized local sponsorship campaigns matter for multilocation brands
Dec 27, 2017 by Megan Hannay
When you’re a multilocation enterprise, curating local sponsorships can be tricky. Columnist Megan Hannay discusses ways to contribute locally using a centralized strategy.
- CMOs in the know: Our top 10 Marketing Strategies columns of 2017
Dec 27, 2017 by Desiree Everts DeNunzio
What were the marketing tactics and tips that captivated our readers over the past year? Check out our most widely read Marketing Strategies columns of 2017.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- It’s not the trend that you need to watch for. It’s the trend inside the trend.
Dec 27, 2017 by Barry Levine
Here’s a partial list of the hidden consequences inside some of the biggest trends in 2017.
- We’re already seeing the fallout from Apple’s war on cookies
Dec 27, 2017 by Joe Sabol
Is Apple’s Intelligent Tracking Prevention feature a sign that the death of the cookie is imminent? Columnist Joe Sabol believes advertisers shouldn’t wait to find out and should start to adapt to a post-cookie world.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 2018 Content Marketing Toolkit: Tips, Templates, and Checklists, Content Marketing Institute
- An Era of Social Media Optimization (SMO) Is Ahead: What Can We Expect in 2018?, Socialbakers
- An inflection point for the real-time display advertising market, Digiday
- Digital Marketing Plans: Budget and Tactic Trends for 2018, MarketingProfs
- How to Get a Handle on Rising Unsubscribe Rates, Marketo
- How to Recycle Old Content to Increase Your Conversions, Convince and Convert
- Increased Transparency on Country Withheld Content, Twitter Blog
- Marketers Need Artificial Intelligence to Reach the Segment of One, eMarketer
- What Is the Future of Ecommerce in 2018 and Beyond?, Shopify
- Why Instagram Stories Should Be Part of Your 2018 Social Strategy, Simply Measured