Marketing Day: Local marketing attribution, Facebook Messenger bot analytics & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How to avoid an outbound link penalty from Google
Nov 14, 2016 by Tony Edward
We’ve all heard of unnatural link penalties from having a spammy backlink profile, but columnist Tony Edward notes that your site’s outbound links need to be monitored as well.
- Getting a clearer picture of local marketing attribution
Nov 14, 2016 by Brian Smith
It can be a challenge to get a clear picture of how effective your local marketing efforts are, so columnist Brian Smith outlines some of the more effective methods for tracking in-store attribution.
- Coaxing smarter paid search bidding decisions out of sparse conversion data
Nov 14, 2016 by Mark Ballard
Columnist Mark Ballard explains how we can use statistics to supplement our conversion data and intuition when deciding on keyword-level bids in AdWords.
- Boost your conversion rate by 45% today… no, really!
Nov 14, 2016 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Columnist Jacob Baadsgaard makes the case that proper conversion tracking in your AdWords accounts can provide better and more helpful insights for optimizing your campaigns.
- 4 marketing innovations headed to brick-and-mortar retail in 2017
Nov 14, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Contributor Tamar Weinberg takes a look at the UX and marketing advances that are expected to shape brick-and-mortar retail in the coming year.
- Will brands be forced to take sides in a more polarized marketplace?
Nov 14, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Being apolitical may no longer be an option for brands in the Trump era.
- Facebook has created its own analytics tool for Messenger bots
Nov 14, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook’s free Messenger bot analytics tool will cross-reference Messenger interactions with Facebook user data and can tie into mobile app, web analytics.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 10 mobile metrics to track before the holidays, www.internetretailer.com
- Data Ethics – The New Competitive Advantage, techcrunch.com
- Marketers Can Now Track Every Time Their Brands Are Seen or Mentioned on TV, www.adweek.com
Blogs & Blogging
- #Blogchat Welcomes Roger Dooley to Co-Host on Topic of “How Your Brain Reads Blogs”, mackcollier.com
- More Ways to Grow Your Blog’s Traffic Without Google Search, ProBlogger
- A Simple Trick to Make Your Content Magnetic and Memorable, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Use Content Marketing to Enhance Brand Perception, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Science Behind the Power of Storytelling, contently.com
- The Ultimate Guide to Creating Visually Appealing Content, blog.crazyegg.com
- Tips for Onsite Content Optimization With a Human Touch, www.marketingprofs.com
- 4 Ways to Make Your Landing Page Experience More Relevant, www.wordstream.com
- How to Improve Conversion Rates with Conscious Language, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- What is design thinking?, econsultancy.com
- Amazon’s Home Services adds 20 more metro regions as it preps new “Assistant” role, techcrunch.com
- E-commerce sales reach $17.8 billion on Singles’ Day, www.internetretailer.com
- eCommerce Site Speed: Increase Conversions with a Faster Site, www.goinflow.com
- The science behind Black Friday and Cyber Monday pricing, www.internetretailer.com
- What Consumers Want Most in an Online Shopping Experience, www.adweek.com
- 6 Simple Email Marketing Tips: Are You On the Money?, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Email Marketing – What Email Marketers Can Do to Stop Unsubscribes, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to lift email marketing conversion step-by-step | Email marketing consultant, www.emailmonday.com
General Internet Marketing
- 10 Ways to Update Your Marketing Strategy for 2017, smallbiztrends.com
- 4 Ways to Redefine the Global Agency, When Simply Being Global Is No Longer Enough, www.adweek.com
- 5 Ways to Scale Your Account-Based Marketing Strategy, blog.marketo.com
- 7 Excellent Branding Opportunities You Have Right Now, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How Influencer Marketing Has Changed 8 Years Later, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Why Brand Marketing Needs a New Formula, www.thinkwithgoogle.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Adelphic Partners with Integral Ad Science to Unveil Pre-Bid Targeting for Cross-Channel, www.prnewswire.com
- 6 marketing clouds walk into Dr. Watson’s psychology lab at MarTech, chiefmartec.com
- Machines are becoming smarter marketers, venturebeat.com
- 3 monetization strategies to boost ad revenue, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 4 Facebook Mobile Ad Techniques That Work, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Google Play Music adds machine learning for better recommendations, thenextweb.com
- Three Tools to Build a Mobile Digital Asset, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Tracking the Mobile Millennial Shopper, multichannelmerchant.com
- What do users really want, bots or apps?, venturebeat.com
- The Foursquare Blog — Thanks a (10) Billion, blog.foursquare.com
- ‘Black hole of nothingness’: Metrics concerns dog Snapchat’s ad expansion, digiday.com
- 13 Tools for Facebook, Social Analytics, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 6 Examples of How Marketers Are Using Snap Inc.’s Spectacles, www.adweek.com
- Breaking Down The Facebook Auction For More Competitive Campaign, www.ppchero.com
- Confessions of a brand manager on Twitter: ‘It’s more toxic than ever’, Digiday
- Did Facebook really tolerate fake news to appease conservatives?, www.slate.com
- How Brands Can Build Online Communities That Aren’t Lame, contently.com
- How Facebook can escape the echo chamber, techcrunch.com
- How To Run A LinkedIn Community That Amplifies Value, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How to Use Twitter Moments for Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Social Media Holiday Ads: 7 Steps to (Quickly) Prepare, www.practicalecommerce.com
- The 2016 Marketer’s Guide To Snapchat Spectacles, mediakix.com
- Twitter’s time to prove it can defend against harassment is now, venturebeat.com
- Why (and how) you should utilize your online community, adsense.googleblog.com
- Why Brand Loyalty Hinges on Social Media Engagement, www.adweek.com
- Your Social Media is Talking. Are You Listening?, www.cmswire.com
- DoubleClick Publisher Blog: Publisher sustainability in a mobile and video world, doubleclick-publishers.googleblog.com
- How Brand Marketers Measure Digital Video Advertising, www.emarketer.com
- How to Take Advantage of Video-On-Demand & Keep Viewers Engaged, www.cmswire.com
- Looking to Reach Affluents in Asia-Pacific? Try Digital Video Advertising, www.emarketer.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.