Marketing Day: LinkedIn Ads, Facebook Defends 3-Second Video View & HubSpot Earnings
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- In Hefty’s #SaidNoSchoolEver Campaign, Teachers Sarcastically Proclaim They Have All The Supplies They Need
The Reynolds company brand, working with Havas, shows solidarity with teachers as consumers’ minds shift to back-to-school shopping.
- YouTube Ads Won’t Be Sold Through AdX Next Year, Google Says
Company emphasizes focus on TrueView ads and Google Preferred program.
- Report: iPhone Drives Less Than A Third Of Android Traffic, Nearly 75 Percent Of Revenue
Data also show app vs. mobile Web impressions, video ad penetration globally.
- Everything PPC Advertisers Want To Know About LinkedIn Ads – Part 2
Contributor Sahil Jain shares more questions and answers about how best to utilize the platform. Don’t miss these important tips on bidding, targeting and choosing between ad products.
- Building The Business Case For Attribution
Do you need help convincing your CEO or CFO that attribution will pay off? Columnist Liane Dietrich has four ways to build your case and justify the expense to your organization.
- Facebook Defends Its 3-Second Video View Standard
In a Medium post responding to criticism from a YouTube creator, Facebook video product manager says three seconds is enough time to indicate “intent to watch” a video.
- HubSpot Reports $42.9M In Revenue For Q2 2015 – Up 58% YoY
Company forecasts total revenue to exceed $170M by end of the year.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- From SEO To SXO: Search Experience Optimization
- Search In Pics: Google Waffles, Android Statue Maintenance & Google At Special Olympics
- The 16 Secrets Of Guerrilla Local SEO
- Google Updates The “Local Pack” Showing 3 Results Instead Of 7
- War And Peace: Bloomberg’s Massive History Of Google’s EU Antitrust Case
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- EvoLeads and Mobicow Merged – Another Milestone in the Affiliate Marketing Industry, www.martechadvisor.com
- 5 Ways Heat Maps and Visual Analytics Help You Read Visitors’ Minds, vwo.com
- Why Analytics is Absolutely Necessary For Effective Customer Acquisition, blog.kissmetrics.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 7 Things Corporate Blogs Can Learn from Influential Solo Bloggers, www.wordstream.com
- Firefox exploit found in the wild, blog.mozilla.org
- 7 Common Questions About Interactive Content, blog.marketo.com
- How to Repurpose Your Content Again and Again, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Take Your Content to the Next Level, www.cmswire.com
- Is Clickbait Really the Problem?, www.adweek.com
- More Than Personas: How to Know What Your Audience Really Wants, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Pros, Cons, and Costs of the Top 7 Content Distribution Platforms in 2015, contently.com
- Why downloadable content should be part of your marketing strategy, econsultancy.com
- 3 Steps to Determining Your Website’s Conversion Rate, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Driving conversion with better product content, www.internetretailer.com
- Preference Testing: What to Do Before You Run A/B Tests, www.usertesting.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Free Apps For Designing Your Next Website, www.fastcompany.com
- Why the Speed of Your Site Should Be a Priority, www.blogherald.com
- 73% of retailers do not offer mobile access to loyalty, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Facebook to Retailers: Start Holiday Shopping Season Prep Now, www.adweek.com
- How Etsy keeps its big sellers from going solo, digiday.com
- Jet.com Runs Into Turbulence With Retailers, www.wsj.com
- Tough times for Russian e-retailers, www.internetretailer.com
- Email Marketing 101: How to Use Email Marketing to Drive Traffic, authoritylabs.com
- PostUp Offers New Email Strategy Solution, www.martechadvisor.com
- Three Mighty Good Reasons Your Prospects Delete Your Cold Emails, www.marketingprofs.com
General Internet Marketing
- 10 tips for a true leap to digital, digiday.com
- 3 Tips To Ensure Your Agency Stands Out From The Rest, www.ppchero.com
- Responsible Personalization: How Brands Can Build Trust, adage.com
- UK Marketers Tackle Technology In-House, www.emarketer.com
- What The Past Says About The Future Of Ad Tech, adexchanger.com
- Mobile Wallet Users Are More into the Web than You Are, www.emarketer.com
- Why your business should not opt-out of SMS marketing, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 500px Revamps Its App To Better Appeal To The Instagram Crowd, techcrunch.com
- 8 Back-to-School Social Media Strategies, www.adweek.com
- How Facebook Cover Images Appear Quickly on Mobile Devices, www.adweek.com
- How to Mine Social Media for Authentic Market Intelligence, www.marketingprofs.com
- Increase Community Engagement w/ Your Brand, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Use Twitter’s Vine – Part III, www.verticalresponse.com
- How YouTube Became The New Food Network, www.fastcompany.com
- Is Vine Worth the Time for Branded Video Content?, www.reelseo.com
- Lying, Cheating, Fraud: Is Facebook Video Too Good to Be True?, contently.com
- Mobile marketers consider vertical video and its challenges, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The “YouTube of China” is acting more and more like YouTube, qz.com
- The CMO’s Guide to Facebook Video – Warts and All, contently.com
- Video View Battle Is On: Facebook vs. Twitter, Round 1, www.aimclearblog.com
- Vine is a sleeping giant (while everyone is focused on Snapchat), qz.com