Marketing Day: Liberty Mutual’s 360-degree Facebook ad, MarTech stacks & conversion tips
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Liberty Mutual gets millions of views for parallel stories in a 360-degree video ad on Facebook
Apr 15, 2016 by Barry Levine
This is the first multi-narrative advertising use of spherical video, according to the insurance company.
- HTTP to HTTPS: An SEO’s guide to securing a website
Apr 15, 2016 by Patrick Stox
Despite the numerous benefits of switching to HTTPS, many SEOs and website owners have not done so. For those feeling intimidated by the prospect of switching to HTTPS, columnist Patrick Stox breaks down the process.
- How I use my marketing technology stack (SEO edition)
Apr 15, 2016 by Michael Shearer
What does your SEO technology stack look like? Columnist Michael Shearer walks through the tools he uses from keyword research to content creation to link-building outreach.
- How to adjust SEO strategy to Google’s new SERP ad layout
Apr 15, 2016 by Dan Bagby
Google’s recent changes to their search results pages threw paid search marketers for a loop, but what about organic search practitioners? Columnist Dan Bagby discusses the impact on SEO.
- 6 remarkably effective ways to get higher conversions on your mobile site
Apr 15, 2016 by Khalid Saleh
From simplifying your payment process to improving product discovery, columnist Khalid Saleh reveals how you can increase conversions and sales on your mobile site.
- How to ensure your campaign uses the best-available targeting data
Apr 15, 2016 by Adam Grow
Columnist Adam Grow discusses the differences between first-, second- and third-party data sources and reveals some strategies for using data to increase campaign performance.
- Data: Cross-device campaigns 60 percent better than PC-only for offline conversions
Apr 15, 2016 by Greg Sterling
NinthDecimal says more brands using store visits to optimize campaigns in real time, compare ad performance across media.
- Is an RTB supply crisis looming? Ad buyers and sellers debate
Apr 15, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
A look at whether the market is too RTB-focused for its own good and an argument for greater transparency across programmatic buying options.
- Report: News organizations don’t get much out of Twitter
Apr 14, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Are you the typical publisher? You’re not getting a lot of Twitter traffic.
- New Advrtas ad platform offers “first fully interactive 360-degree rich media ad” with VR mode
Apr 14, 2016 by Barry Levine
Its creator, Outlyer Technologies, says it works on any browser without a special player, and in any IAB ad format.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google opens home service ads to HVAC services and electricians
- Google local results get additional search filters on mobile
- 10 ways link building has changed over the last 10 years
- Search in Pics: Real-life keyword spam, alphorns at Google & more
- 5 tips for leading a strong PPC team
- Report: Google is testing trending topics in auto-complete search results
- Report: Apple building AdWords-like ad product for the App Store
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- To disclose or not to disclose? How bloggers could find themselves in the regulatory firing line., blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Yahoo Modifies Change-in-Control Provision and Vesting, Wall Street Journal
- Apple hints at future ‘MacOS’ name change on new environmental webpage, 9to5mac.com
- Don’t Believe Everything You Read on Yahoo Sale, fortune.com
- Google’s free public Wi-Fi hits 10 Indian train stations as Internet companies take control, venturebeat.com
- Microsoft sues U.S. government over data requests, Reuters
- Twitter names its first managing director for China to find advertisers beyond the Great Firewall, techcrunch.com
- “Sponsored” Is the Hottest Word in Advertising Right Now, 3qdigital.com
- 3 Resources to Help You Produce Stunning and Persuasive Content, www.copyblogger.com
- Engaging content: A bespoke examination of the linguistic assault on ‘advertising’, digiday.com
- Scanners Vs. Readers: How To Create Web Content That Engages Both Reader Styles, blog.crazyegg.com
- Story for Business: How to Create Stories That Move People to Act, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- The 3 Most Effective Content Curation Strategies, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- What is content marketing? An old school look at the technique, www.cornwallseo.com
- Does Your Call-to-Action Button Convert Leads Through Colors?, www.compukol.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Create Memorable Customer Experiences with These Strategies, www.cmswire.com
- Creating the Perfect Contact Page for Your Website, www.compukol.com
- Invisible UI: a hidden opportunity for great UX, www.usertesting.com
- What are the Best Colors for your Website?, ignitevisibility.com
- Facebook bought a registrar, domainincite.com
- Squarespace starts offering domain name registration, domainnamewire.com
- Are You Making These 8 AdWords E-Commerce Mistakes?, blog.kissmetrics.com
- eBay Now Selling eBay Branded Boxes for Sellers, smallbiztrends.com
- Report: Jet’s mindshare growing, but still unknown to half of shoppers, www.retaildive.com
- 3 Ways to Re-engage Cold Subscribers, blog.marketo.com
- How NakedWines.com Used Email to Maximize Lifetime Value, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- Marketing Spring Cleaning: Naming Conventions, www.silverpop.com
General Internet Marketing
- 6 Major Challenges Which B2B Marketers Face Today, www.martechadvisor.com
- 7 Steps of Digital Experience Maturity, www.cmswire.com
- Brands, Talk With People — Not To Them, adage.com
- CMOs Reveal What They Really Think about Digital Projects, www.getelastic.com
- Digital Marketing for Millennials, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Four Ways to Measure Your Experiential Marketing Campaign, www.marketingprofs.com
- How To Hire A Digital Marketing Analyst, www.ppchero.com
- Why You Should Pay More Attention to Marketing Signals, www.marketingprofs.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Datonics Expands Data Offering; Launches Demographic Data Segments, www.prweb.com
- MultiView Launches New High Definition Audience Targeting Solution, www.marketwired.com
- Balancing App Monetization With the User Experience, www.adweek.com
- Essential Mobile Marketing Tips For Small Businesses, authoritylabs.com
- Inevitably, There’s a “Bot of Bots” Digging Up Local Services, streetfightmag.com
- Mcommerce sales on iPhone catch up to iPad for first time, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Top Mistakes Businesses Make in Their Mobile Apps, www.martechadvisor.com
- Why Local Publishers Shouldn’t Aim So Exclusively for Millennials, streetfightmag.com
- Why mobile-originated data matters, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Will Facebook Salvage QR Codes from the Dustbin of Local Marketing History?, blumenthals.com
- As bots invade Messenger, brands still prefer human touch on Twitter, digiday.com
- How Publishers Can Tweak Twitter and Engage Readers, www.cmswire.com
- How to Create Sticky Social Media Content, simplymeasured.com
- It’s a Good Time to Be a Publisher on Facebook, www.jonloomer.com
- Targeting The MOST Passionate Audiences, www.aimclearblog.com
- The 3 Biggest Learnings for Social Marketers at #F8, simplymeasured.com
- Use Twitter to Engage With Niche Audiences During Breaking News Events, www.adweek.com
- Your Definitive Guide to Social Media Image Sizes, www.convinceandconvert.com
- ‘It’s about scale’: How 5 brands are using Facebook Live, digiday.com
- Facebook Live and Kobe Bryant’s Final Game, media.fb.com
- Gary Vaynerchuk on why he’s betting on Facebook Live, Snapchat and Musical.ly, techcrunch.com
- Halo 5 YouTube Live-stream: Smashed Sales Records for Xbox, www.reelseo.com
- Video Killed the Webinar Star: How On-Demand Content is Bringing Us More Customers in Less Time, unbounce.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech