Marketing Day: Kiosked’s 360-degree video wrap, B2B marketing & pre-roll ads
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Kiosked launches wrapper so any 360-degree video/still can fit into any mobile IAB ad format
Jun 16, 2016 by Barry Levine
The wrapped video/still can then be served through a brand’s regular ad ecosystem.
- Common misconceptions when measuring SEO content performance
Jun 16, 2016 by Ian Bowden
As SEO practitioners turn their focus toward user engagement as a measure of content success, columnist Ian Bowden says the conventional wisdom surrounding user engagement metrics may, in fact, be misleading.
- How to quickly find and export all subdomains indexed by Google
Jun 16, 2016 by Max Prin
Performing an SEO audit? Contributor Max Prin demonstrates how to find all of a website’s indexed subdomains using a simple (and free) Chrome plugin.
- Moz shows you how to clean up your citations to rank higher in search
Jun 16, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Learn why citation cleanup is imperative in Local SEO efforts — and what you may risk by doing nothing.
- How B2B marketers can win the battle for attention
Jun 16, 2016 by Peter Isaacson
How do you increase customer engagement? Columnist Peter Isaacson discusses some key tactics to help you turn prospects into sales opportunities.
- Survey: Pre-roll ads are a major barrier to watching online news videos
Jun 16, 2016 by Matt McGee
In a new international survey of web users, less than 25 percent say they watch online news video content in a typical week. Pre-roll ads are a major reason why.
- 4 reasons to love the Marketing Technology Landscape supergraphic
Jun 16, 2016 by Erik Matlick
With the martech landscape hitting the 3,500 mark, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. But columnist Erik Matlick explains why the bevy of choices represents an incredible opportunity.
- Taykey opens Trends Advertising targeting to programmatic
Jun 16, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Advertisers can combine cookie-based audiences with Taykey’s real-time trends data to automatically target audiences reading and sharing relevant content.
- Why location is the hottest topic in digital marketing right now
Jun 15, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Location data offer a goldmine of insights that marketers cannot afford to ignore.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Why certain opinions matter more than others when it comes to swaying consumers’ buying habits
- Brief change suggests local SEO ranking factors are different for branded queries
- The role of technical SEO is “makeup?” Really?
- Google search analytics report adds the ability to compare queries
- Now you can edit text ads and address disapprovals in Bing Ads apps
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Going Global with Affiliate, blog.cj.com
- With $15.4 Million Series C Funding, Performance Horizon Tackles Affiliate Market, adexchanger.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 9 Reasons I Hate Your Blog, www.problogger.net
- My Brief, Absurd Stint Blogging for a Giant Tech Brand, contently.com
- Google opens a Research Center in Europe, techcrunch.com
- Mark Zuckerberg’s foundation is investing millions in Nigeria’s Andela coder training center, qz.com
- Pinterest Acquires Team That Built Fleksy Inc., www.wsj.com
- Twitter stock is rides high on Microsoft-LinkedIn deal, qz.com
- 3 Secrets to Great Content Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- 5 Ways to Incorporate Your Community into Content Creation, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- A Marketer’s Guide to Content Curation, www.convinceandconvert.com
- B2B vs. B2C Content Marketing: Stuff You Need to Know, www.marketingprofs.com
- Eyes Wide Open: Grappling With the Content Slow Jam, www.cmswire.com
- How to Incorporate LinkedIn Into Your Content Marketing Strategy, www.copypress.com
- How to Put More Emotion in Storytelling, adage.com
- How to Structure Content Marketing Campaigns That Actually Increase Demand, blog.kissmetrics.com
- The Content Junkyard (and Why So Many Articles Fail), www.copyblogger.com
- Why Interactive Content Matters and How to Get Started Today, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- 7 hot tips for writing a top-converting services page, seocopywriting.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Domain Names as an Alternative to App Store Competition, www.domaininvesting.com
- Amazon makes it 67% cheaper for merchants to ship small, flat items, www.internetretailer.com
- eBay hired Uber’s global head of diversity and inclusion, techcrunch.com
- Guide to Providing Excellent Customer Service on Etsy and eBay, smallbiztrends.com
- How Consumers Across the Globe Shop and Buy Online, multichannelmerchant.com
- Study: Prime members make up 60% of Amazon’s GMV, www.retaildive.com
- 3 Email Marketing Lessons from Presidential Email Campaigns, movableink.com
- 5 Simply Awesome Email Automation Funnels To Build Today, www.jeffbullas.com
- 7 habits of highly effective email marketers, myemma.com
- 8 B2B email marketing examples that deserve a trophy, myemma.com
- How to Collect Contact Information Over Time, blogs.constantcontact.com
- What’s Your Email Marketing Plan?, blog.mailchimp.com
- Give Me Some Love: Ad Tech & Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, www.cmswire.com
- Marketing tech company Performance Horizon raises $15.4M, techcrunch.com
- The ripple effect of a market correction in adtech, venturebeat.com
- The Secret Life of Brands: What Image-Recognition Technology Reveals, www.adweek.com
- What You Need to Know about Apple’s Massive iOS 10 Release, 3qdigital.com
- Avoid These Common Continuous Apps Mistakes, www.cmswire.com
- Facebook rolls out a new look for Messenger, techcrunch.com
- How to Create Universal App Campaigns In 60 Seconds (or Less!), www.wordstream.com
- Mobile Marketing Best Practices:Targeting Brick-and-Mortar Shoppers, multichannelmerchant.com
- The Making of a Localized Digital UK Marketing Campaign, unbounce.com
- 3 New Tools For Facebook Advertisers To Measure Store Visits & Sales, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 5 Facebook Ads Strategies for Growing Accounts, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 9 Visual Tools to Create Awesome Social Media Images, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- B2B Marketers Brace for the Snapchat Wave, www.cmswire.com
- Create Facebook Custom Audiences for Lead Ad Form Engagement, www.jonloomer.com
- Facebook Launches Creative Hub | Special: Cannes Lions, adage.com
- Intel becomes the first brand to publish on Facebook’s Instant Articles, digiday.com
- LinkedIn goes down following Microsoft acquisition (Update: Fixed), venturebeat.com
- Snapchat Partners With Oracle to Show Its Ads Work, adage.com
- Snapchat’s API Makes It Easier For Advertisers To Test, And Now They Need To See Results, adexchanger.com
- Social Media Blogging: 4 Reasons Your CMO Needs, heidicohen.com
- The Best Brands on Twitter Don’t Tweet Like Brands, contently.com
- The Snapchat Marketing Guide for Brands, trackmaven.com
- Use Social Media to Guide the Customer Journey, blog.marketo.com
- What 75 of the Top Social Media Managers Are Working On Today, blog.bufferapp.com
- Eye Tracking Shows Mobile Video Ads Embedded in Articles Perform Better Than on Social, www.adweek.com
- Imgur Rolls Out Video for Its Native Ads, adage.com
- Looking Beyond Facebook For Video, adexchanger.com
- The future of VR lies with collaborative experiences, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- YouTube Stars Form New Guild To Give Creators A Stronger Voice, www.fastcompany.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.