Marketing Day: Jump Start Your Content Marketing, Google’s Eddystone & EU Case Against Google
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Enterprise Web Analytics Platforms 2015 – New Marketing Intelligence Report
Completely updated with the latest industry statistics, developing market trends, new vendor profiles and product updates.
- Jump-Start Your Content Marketing With These 4 Strategies
With all the time and effort that goes into content marketing, the big question is: How do you get it to truly work? Columnist Quinn Whissen outlines four winning strategies.
- Stop The Interruptions! Marketing In The Age Of The Always-On Consumer
The growth of the Internet of Things is bringing marketers unprecedented opportunities, says columnist Kevin Lindsay. But he warns it also increases the likelihood of getting it wrong.
- Eddystone Beacon Explainer: An Interview With Google’s Chandu Thota
On July 14 Google announced a new developer initiative called Eddystone. It’s a new open format for Bluetooth low energy (BLE) beacons.
- Email Marketers: The Marketing Leaders Of The Future?
Is email marketing the right career path for you? Columnist Jose Cebrian explains why email marketers’ skills are just what the marketer of the future needs — and explores how those responsibilities are broadening.
- Europe Widens Antitrust Probe Of Google Around Ad Contracts, Content Scraping
The Wall Street Journal reported Friday that The European Commission (EC) is expanding its antitrust probe of Google.
- Need A Reason To Attend SMX East? Here Are 10.
SMX East is the largest gathering of search marketers of the year. Here are 10 reasons they flock to Manhattan… and why you should, too!
- IKEA Kicks Off Tweet Campaign In Canada & An Influential German Book Critic Reviews Its New Catalog
The Swedish furniture company promotes the release of its new catalog through lighthearted social efforts, urging customers to #GrabLifeByTheCatalogue.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Goes After The App Interstitial: Protecting Consumers Or Its Own Search Monopoly?
- Because My Crystal Ball Is Broken And Other Reasons To Bring Broad Match Back In 2015
- Need A Reason To Attend SMX East? Here Are 10.
- Duke Kahanamoku Google Logo Honors The Legendary Surfer On His 125th Birthday
- Google Controls 65 Percent Of Search, Bing 33 Percent [comScore]
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Attribution: Putting the Pieces Together, analytics.blogspot.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Don’t Write Your Next Blog Post Without Checking These 3 Twitter Search Tools, www.adweek.com
- How to Drive Traffic to Your Blog Through Your Archived Material on Facebook, www.problogger.net
- Facebook Down 12.1%, Apple Down 10%, Google Down 6.5%, Microsoft Down 5.8% As Stock Markets Plummet, techcrunch.com
- Staff Exodus, Pressure From Microsoft, Apple Hit Google Now, recode.net
- The 20-year rise and fall of Microsoft Windows, from 1995 to now, qz.com
- Unicorns Hunt for Talent Among Silicon Valley’s Giants, www.nytimes.com
- 7 Surefire Ways to Get More Impact From Your Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Five Skills You Need to Curate Standout Content, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Amplify Your Content ROI, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Let’s All Go Home Because the Madden Movie Is the Best Content Marketing of All Time, contently.com
- The Future of Content Marketing: Integration, Optimization and Participation, www.toprankblog.com
- The Power of Imagery in Content Marketing, www.jeffbullas.com
- How to Engage and Convert More Visitors in the First Critical 20 Seconds, blog.crazyegg.com
- The A/B Test That Increased Our Product Adoption and Blog Conversion, blog.kissmetrics.com
- The Agency Guide to Selling Clients on Landing Pages, unbounce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- A Marketer’s Guide To Choosing A WordPress Theme, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How to Improve Your Writing, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Simplify Your Projects by Using a UX Checklist, uxmag.com
- Typographic Patterns In HTML Email Newsletter Design, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Why UX Design Benefits from Ongoing Customer Collaboration, www.uxmatters.com
- Brave New Domain World, www.stateofdigital.com
- 3 Ways to Personalize Products for the Shopper, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 7 E-Commerce Sites Winning on Social Media, blog.similarweb.com
- Add to Cart: How to Get More People to Take Action on Product Pages, www.shopify.com
- How to Choose the Right KPIs for Your E-Commerce Store, www.searchenginejournal.com
- If your B2B customers are not ordering from your website, here’s why, www.internetretailer.com
- 10 steps to email success at Christmas: part one, econsultancy.com
- 4 Sure Ways to Make Your Email Super-Relevant to Your Customers, www.martechadvisor.com
- 5 Tips to Supercharge Your Emails With Instagram and Twitter, www.adweek.com
- How The New York Times gets a 70 percent open rate on its newsletters, digiday.com
- How We Made a Non-Annoying Popup Form for The Thread, blog.mailchimp.com
- It’s Not You, It’s Your Subject Line, blog.returnpath.com
- What Makes a Marketing Email Go Viral?, www.marketingprofs.com
General Internet Marketing
- 99 Online Marketing Tools You Won’t Be Able to Live Without, www.wordstream.com
- Getting Management Support for Digital Marketing Initiatives, localu.org
- Is Your Business Getting Reviewed on These 10 Platforms?, www.searchenginejournal.com
- What Reddit AMAs Teach Us about Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Adadyn and OpenX Partnership Expands Inventory, www.businesswire.com
- Don’t buy marketing technologies, build layers instead, chiefmartec.com
- Five More Questions To Ask When Choosing A Marketing Technology, blog.movableink.com
- MarTech Convergence = Job Convergence, www.cmswire.com
- 5 words to describe courageous mobile marketers, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Can Native Save Mobile Advertising? ‘The New York Times’ Sure Hopes So, contently.com
- Five tips for reducing mobile app churn, econsultancy.com
- 4 New Twitter Features Over the Past Month, www.clixmarketing.com
- 5 Facebook Ads Changes: What Marketers Need to Know, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- An Introduction to Social Media Stats and Reports, blog.bufferapp.com
- As Brands Dig Deeper Into Social Data, Twitter Opens Up To Third-Party Developers, adexchanger.com
- Facebook Adds “Donate Now” Button for Nonprofits’ Page Posts, Link Ads, www.adweek.com
- How Instagram Is Changing the Way Brands Look at Photography, Online and Beyond, www.adweek.com
- How to Use a $5 Twitter Ad to Redefine Your Digital Strategy, www.jonloomer.com
- Research: what Tweet content reveals about social TV loyalty, www.Twitter.com
- Seven Habits of Highly Successful Social Media Professionals, www.marketingprofs.com
- Study: Is Instagram Becoming Saturated? Follower Growth and Engagement Down, www.adweek.com
- Twitter cuts off Diplotwoops and Politwoops in all remaining 30 countries, openstate.pr.co
- Twitter Faced SEC Queries on Change in Engagement Measures, blogs.wsj.com
- Twitter’s web users will now get desktop notifications for direct messages, VentureBeat
- Why Social Marketers Need to Collaborate With CRM Teams to Accurately Measure Social ROI, www.martechadvisor.com
- How @tvland uses autoplay video on Twitter to drive tune-in, www.Twitter.com
- The Future For Artists And Celebrities (And YouTubers) Is Direct Intimacy, techcrunch.com
- Three Ways to Grow a YouTube Audience, www.reelseo.com
- YouTube Star Combines Great Stories, Quirky Personality, and DIY Ethos, contentmarketinginstitute.com