Marketing Day: Instagram stickers, mobile video & the biggest ad fraud botnet to date
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Get answers to your marketing automation questions
Dec 20, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Got questions about marketing automation? Marketing Land’s B2B Marketing Automation Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide has you covered. The 49-page report reviews the latest trends, opportunities and challenges facing the market for marketing automation tools.
- Instagram launches stickers for stories, announces other updates
Dec 20, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Instagram has launched an update that allows users to add stickers to their stories.
- Satisfi and IBM Watson port their intelligent shopping assistants to two shopping malls
Dec 20, 2016 by Barry Levine
The chatbots, for the Mall of America and Fashion Island, follow the pilot project at Macy’s and point to the day when store shoppers ask their phone instead of a member of the staff.
- Don’t just jump on the mobile video bandwagon; understand who you’re riding with and why
Dec 20, 2016 by Chris Savage
It’s easy to get caught up in the mobile video excitement. But contributor Chris Savage believes B2B marketers shouldn’t make the mistake of ignoring desktop viewers.
- Pokémon, mobile SEO and more: Our top mobile columns for 2016
Dec 20, 2016 by Desiree Everts DeNunzio
Looking to learn more about the mobile trends that dominated 2016? Check out our most widely read mobile columns from the past year.
- First you thought your brand dollars were safe… then fake news happened
Dec 20, 2016 by Melody Gambino
Ad advertisers grapple with the threat of fake news, columnist Melody Gambino offers tips on how you can protect your brand.
- White Ops reports biggest ad fraud botnet found yet: ‘Methbot’ targeting high-CPM video inventory
Dec 20, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The botnet has been siphoning an estimated $3 to $5 million in ad revenue per day, making it the largest ad fraud scam uncovered to date.
- Do you have the martech knowledge you need?
Dec 19, 2016 by Scott Brinker
Albert Einstein said, “The only source of knowledge is experience.” Seems the martech challenges we face prove Einstein correct yet again. Matching practical experience with the right strategy, talent and organization makes the difference between leaders and stragglers in our software-powered marketing world. Where are you on that continuum?
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How Customer Interaction Analytics Supports Your Cybersecurity Strategy, www.cmswire.com
- How to Get the Non-Technical People in Your Office Excited About Analytics, blog.kissmetrics.com
- You Need an Eagle Eye to Keep Analytics (and Data) Secure, www.cmswire.com
- European Officials Accuse Facebook of Misleading Them on WhatsApp Deal, New York Times
- German law would fine social media sites “publishing” fake news, Ars Technica
- Snap has acquired an ad tech company called Flite, www.recode.net
- 7 Web Content Management Trends for 2017, www.cmswire.com
- 8 Business Intelligence Tools for Content Marketers With Technophobia, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 8 Last-Minute Content Marketing Ideas for the Holidays, www.toprankblog.com
- How Our Brain Processes Different Kinds of Content, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Turn Social Media Data Into Engaging Local Content, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Why Traveling the World Inspired This Agency’s New Branded Content Platform, www.adweek.com
- 15 Conversion Rate Experts Share Why to Step Up from A/B Testing to Conversion Optimization, vwo.com
- Customer Journey Mapping Puts Insights in Marketers’ Hands, www.cmswire.com
- How to Develop a Winning Conversion Rate Optimization Testing Roadmap, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Discovering and Applying UX Best Practices, www.uxmatters.com
- How to write product copy that converts, www.internetretailer.com
- UX in 2017: What do the experts predict?, econsultancy.com
- Amazon’s Echo Sells Out – Except in Stores, www.wsj.com
- E-retailers most often translate their sites into French and German, www.internetretailer.com
- How to know what that web shopper will buy next and when, www.internetretailer.com
- Seven tips for boosting ecommerce performance, econsultancy.com
- The impact of Amazon’s Alexa on e-commerce, www.internetretailer.com
- 3 Easy Steps To Grow Your Email List Using Social Media, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Accessibility in Email Marketing, blog.mailchimp.com
- Email marketing to last-minute gift givers, www.internetretailer.com
- Grow Your Email List Fast, 30 Simple Strategies Pros Don’t Share, ignitevisibility.com
- In Trying Times, Email Still Cuts Through the Dissonance in Digital Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- Using the Marketing Funnel to Improve Your Email Marketing, movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 B2B Marketing Tips Worth Considering, blog.epicosity.com
- 50% Say Earned Media Will Deliver Best Returns in 2017, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 6 Ways to Get Started With Influencer Marketing, www.copypress.com
- Datorama Lets Marketers Ask Alexa to Query Campaign Data, adage.com
- New Click-Fraud and Viewability Stats Prove 86% of Vibrant Media Ads Fully Viewed By Humans, www.vibrantmedia.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Kim Perell Named New CEO of Amobee, Market Wired
- 3 big trends for AI in 2017, venturebeat.com
- A Briefing With Amazon, Ad Tech’s Dark Horse, adexchanger.com
- B2B Marketers Want AI, but Worry How to Integrate It, www.emarketer.com
- CMO Organization gets more Skin in the Technology Game, www.martechadvisor.com
- Brands and Agencies in Asia-Pacific Double Down on Mobile Marketing, www.emarketer.com
- Mobile marketing in 2017: Five expert predictions, econsultancy.com
- 6 Steps to Plan Social Media Ads for 2017, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Big 2017 Social Media Marketing Trends You Need to Know, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Facebook debuts shareable “moments” at the top of the News Feed, starting with holiday cards, techcrunch.com
- Facebook’s Instant Verification app login platform replaces two-factor where SMS fails, techcrunch.com
- How to 3X More Instagram Followers, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How to Optimize Social Ads for Every Stage of the Buying Funnel, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Most UK Marketers Rely on Paid Social Ads to Promote Content, www.emarketer.com
- Twitter Tests Breaking News Push Notifications, www.buzzfeed.com
- Why TBS is using Instant Articles to promote its brand, digiday.com
- 5 Ways to Supercharge Your Video Influencer Marketing, simplymeasured.com
- Livestreaming vs. Live Broadcasting: A Necessary Introduction, www.adweek.com
- Video Viewing on Social Networks: Trends and Consumer Preferences, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why live video was the biggest social trend of 2016, econsultancy.com
- YouTube Gained Political Ad Revenue This Year, But Lost Influence With Voters, adexchanger.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech