Marketing Day: Instagram Desktop Search, Mobile Shopping Stats & YouTube Brand Report
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Instagram Search Arrives For Web Users
Desktop Instagramers will now have the ability to search hashtags, locations & accounts thanks to a new search feature for the web.
- Martech Landscape: What is Call Analytics & Tracking Software?
Call tracking software can help businesses of all sizes connect online and offline marketing efforts, but it has a few risks, too.
- Introducing The Marketing Technology Landscape Series
Confused about all that’s happening in the world of marketing technology? Marketing Land’s new series covering martech will explain all.
- AT&T Adds Virtual Reality Component To “It Can Wait” Campaign
Telecommunications company ramps up its anti-texting-and-driving campaign with a VR simulation showing the consequences of paying attention to your phone while driving.
- Choice Is Good. Choose SMX East. Rates Increase Saturday!
Select from more than 50 sessions, keynotes, and clinics. You always have four or more to choose from! Attend sessions that fit your interests – SEO, SEM, social, mobile or analytics and conversions.
- “Unleash Your Rrrr” With Volkswagen
New, interactive campaign by VW lets you control the Golf R by making engine noises with your voice.
- Survey: 90 Percent Of Retail Shoppers Use Smartphones In Stores
Mobile loyalty company SessionM recently surveyed 12,000 randomly selected US smartphone users about their mobile shopping behaviors.
- YouTube’s Top 100 Brands Report: Monthly Views Up 55% For Branded Video Content
Of the 40-billion all-time total views generated by branded content, almost half occurred during the last year.
- IAB Issues First Programmatic Display Report: US Revenues Topped $10.1B In 2014
Industry group also launches Programmatic Fee Transparency project to develop fee disclosure guidelines.
- 7 Keys To Navigating The Paid Mobile Ecosystem
With a slew of tech and tools filling the marketplace, how do you find mobile success? Columnist Craig Weinberg helps you get on the right path to meeting your mobile goals.
- 5 E-Commerce Techniques To Know For The 2015 Holiday Season
Think it’s too early to start planning for the busiest online shopping time of the year? Think again! Columnist Nick Iyengar shares some e-commerce tips to help you prepare.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Cortana For Android Available For Download Ahead Of Official Launch
- Best Practices for Click-to-Call for Mobile Search- July 28 Webcast
- Choice Is Good. Choose SMX East. Rates Increase Saturday!
- How To Get Featured Snippets For Your Site
- 6 Local Marketing Lessons Learned At Comic-Con
- 5 Ways To Use What Consumers Want To Boost Local SEO Strategy
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- RetailMeNot partners with Placed to provide enhanced marketing analytics, www.retaildive.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 6 Musts to Drive Traffic on Your Business Blog, www.martechadvisor.com
- What is Your Biggest Blogging Battle?, www.blogtyrant.com
- Airbnb Overhauls Service for Business Travelers, www.bloomberg.com
- Evernote Crowns Former Google X Executive as CEO, blogs.wsj.com
- Subway CMO Tony Pace Leaves Sandwich Chain, blogs.wsj.com
- 13 Logic Mistakes that Make Content Marketers Look Irresponsible, www.copyblogger.com
- How B2B Content Marketers Are Missing the Mark, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Storytelling Can Benefit Your Business or Organization, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How to Turn 1 Idea into 2 Months of Content Marketing (and More), contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Is it ever OK to use stock photography for content?, www.branded3.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Design Basics of a Winning Website, www.marketingprofs.com
- Simplify Your UX Through Reduction, www.uxmatters.com
- Using Open Experience Design and Social Networking to Stamp Out Dark UX, uxmag.com
- Why You Don’t Need to Choose Responsive Design (But Should), www.searchenginepeople.com
- Marketing campaign aims to boost lagging Dot Vegas registration, lasvegassun.com
- Want TO Be The Next CEO Of ICANN? Here’s How To Apply, www.thedomains.com
- Who Is Listed As The Owner Of “Your” Domain Name?, dotweekly.com
- Amazon expands its Prime Now one-hour delivery offering to Chicago and Indianapolis, www.internetretailer.com
- eBay Has Bought Twice, an Online Consignment Shop for Women’s Clothing, recode.net
- eBay logs its final quarter tied to PayPal, www.internetretailer.com
- Online apparel sales in the UK grow 18% in June, www.internetretailer.com
- Online food delivery ordering is about to overtake phone ordering in the US, qz.com
- Staples says its B2B e-commerce site clicks better for big businesses, www.internetretailer.com
- Why Retailers Must Optimize Mobile Sites, www.emarketer.com
- How to Explain DMARC in Plain English, returnpath.com
General Internet Marketing
- 10 Insights Marketers Only Get from Phone Calls, blog.marketo.com
- 5 Ways to Exercise & Develop Your Digital Marketing Muscles, www.toprankblog.com
- Building Your Brand: Make it Personal, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Marketing to Millennial Moms, www.getelastic.com
- Reddit turmoil creates complications for marketers, econsultancy.com
- The Real Value of “Non-Working” Dollars in Digital Advertising, adexchanger.com
- What brands still need to learn about influencer marketing, digiday.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Collective Celebrates a Decade of Digital Advertising Evolution, www.marketwired.com
- IZEA Announces Commitments to Exercise $11 Million in Warrants, corp.izea.com
- U.S. Programmatic Display Ad Revenues Totaled $10.1 Billion in 2014, www.iab.net
- 18 Ways to Build a Mobile Site Users Love, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 6 Tips to Get Mobile Customers to Spend on Your Brand, www.martechadvisor.com
- 8 Things SMBs Should Consider Before Adopting Mobile Payments, streetfightmag.com
- Apple Watch Satisfaction, techpinions.com
- Are marketers underestimating the power of apps?, econsultancy.com
- Mobile Marketing: Don’t Be Needy, Annoying or Spammy, www.adweek.com
- Survey: Consumers Prefer to Shop Local but Expect Digital Sophistication, screenwerk.com
- Why Apple Watch apps should be one-dimensional, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 3 Creative Ways to Use Twitter Hashtags to Promote Your Business, www.adweek.com
- 4 Simple Steps for Creating a Social Editorial Calendar, www.adweek.com
- 5 Ways to Use Social Media as a Networking Strategy, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Brands More Responsive Than Ever To Customer Questions on Social in Q2 2015, www.socialbakers.com
- How to Enhance Your Ad Performance with Facebook Carousel Ads, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Increase Your Post Reach on Top Social Networks, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Use Native Ads to Support Your Social Media Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Make Your Sales Soar With Social Media Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- Overview of LinkedIn Campaign Manager Updates – and Misses, 3qdigital.com
- 10 Most Influential YouTube Stars Among Adults, adage.com
- Brands Are About to Find Out How Powerful GoPro Videos Can Be, www.adweek.com
- Consumers, Advertisers Enter Gaming Video Zone, www.emarketer.com
- Google’s YouTube Signs Everyone but TV for New Paid Service, adage.com
- How to Use Periscope for Business, smallbiztrends.com
- Where OTT video is going, in 5 charts, digiday.com
- Will Programmatic Video PMPs Edge Out The Open Marketplace?, adexchanger.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.