Marketing Day: Instagram carousel ad updates, Twitter’s new Connect tab & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Tapjoy launches private in-app ad exchange, powered by Rubicon Project
May 3, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The launch marks the first time Tapjoy rewarded video inventory is available programmatically.
- Adobe buys audience engagement platform Livefyre
May 3, 2016 by Barry Levine
The move gives Adobe’s Marketing Cloud a bigger capability for user-generated content, and follows its integration with — and investment in –Livefyre.
- Video analytics provider iSpot.tv integrates Facebook metrics into its ad platform
May 3, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
iSpot.tv ad measurement reports will now include Facebook video views, likes, comments, referrals and shares.
- Instagram’s carousel ads now support 60-second videos
May 3, 2016 by Matt McGee
Taco Bell, Macy’s among major brands already trying the new video carousel ad format.
- Twitter’s new Connect tab wants to help you find people to follow
May 3, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
New tab also offers address book synching to find contacts also using Twitter.
- Pinterest acquires mobile ad tech talent, but not the tech, because content
May 3, 2016 by Tim Peterson
The URX team’s knack for teaching computers how to recognize and recommend content will be applied to Pinterest’s own content through the acqui-hire.
- What Kobe Bryant can teach you about succeeding with AdWords
May 3, 2016 by Todd Saunders
Want to become an AdWords all-star? Columnist Todd Saunders shows the lessons that search engine marketers can learn from a basketball legend.
- The power of “Anchor Influencers”
May 3, 2016 by Eric Enge
Producing high quality content is a big investment, and columnist Eric Enge explains how relationships formed with key influencers can accelerate your digital marketing efforts and help you maximize your content investment.
- Should you move your blog to Medium or Facebook? The post dot-com era for content
May 3, 2016 by Patrick Armitage
Columnist Patrick Armitage takes a look at the trends reshaping content marketing and what the move toward third-party distribution platforms means for marketers.
- Learn from top social media marketing experts at SocialPro this June in Seattle
May 3, 2016 by Marketing Land
If you’re looking for advanced social media marketing tactics that the pros are using to drive results, SocialPro is your go-to event. Whether you’re an in-house marketer or work at an agency, you’ll learn earned, owned and paid social media marketing tactics and strategies.
- Removing silos: staying ahead with integrated digital marketing best practices
May 3, 2016 by Jim Yu
Columnist Jim Yu offers advice on how to bring your teams together and successfully implement an integrated marketing campaign.
- Business video platform Wistia adds 360-degree video
May 3, 2016 by Barry Levine
Cambridge, Mass.-based firm sees businesses using 360 for “narrative experiences” and product walkthroughs.
- Experts can save you 9,999 hours of pain
May 3, 2016 by David Rodnitzky
Don’t make the mistake of not listening to experts. Columnist David Rodnitzky says that whether you’re looking for a doctor or an SEM, you need to keep the “10,000 hours” of experience rule in mind.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Moz launches comprehensive keyword research tool ‘Keyword Explorer’
- Content and SEO: Optimization from creation to conversion
- With “Trips” app, will Google finally deliver a better travel experience?
- 60% of local SEOs are outsourcing more tasks in 2016 vs. 2015
- The benefits of creating a purpose-driven SEO strategy
- Teacher’s Day Google Doodle dedicated to “invaluable civil servants” leading today’s youth
- Bing app for iOS brings image-based searching to iPhones
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Don’t Fall for Vanity Metrics When Measuring Social Media ROI, www.marketingprofs.com
- The New Frontier of Data + Marketing, thedma.org
- Watch Out For These 5 Misconceptions In Online Marketing Performance Analysis, www.komarketingassociates.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 3 Blogger Monetisation Lessons from Facebook’s Branded Content Policy Update, www.problogger.net
- Yahoo Assigns 2648 Patents to Mystery Excalibur IP, LLC Group, SEO By The Sea
- Apple’s best days are in the past? Tim Cook ‘couldn’t disagree more’, venturebeat.com
- Fiat, Google Plan Partnership on Self-Driving Minivans, Bloomberg
- Here are Google, Amazon, and Facebook’s secrets to hiring the best people, qz.com
- Israeli machine learning Sensiya acquired by Will.i.am’s, www.geektime.com
- Salesforce’s Marc Benioff Has Kicked Off New Era of Corporate Social Activism, www.wsj.com
- 5 Simple Content Curation Methods (Plus a 9-Point Checklist), www.verticalmeasures.com
- Four Scrappy Content Marketing Hacks, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Content Is Transforming the Enterprise, contently.com
- How to Add Conversation Back Into Content Marketing, www.toprankblog.com
- How to Create Content Ideas for New Clients, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Alpha and Beta Spell Improved A/B Testing, blog.crazyegg.com
- The future of digital lead generation, techcrunch.com
- Why the Traditional Marketing Funnel is Sabotaging Your Conversions, blog.kissmetrics.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 11 Mind-Blowing Copywriting Hacks To Improve Your Website, www.jeffbullas.com
- 6 Traits Of Great Design Leaders, www.fastcodesign.com
- Are Chatbots Really The Future Of Web Design?, www.fastcodesign.com
- Bringing HTTPS to all blogspot domain blogs, blogger.googleblog.com
- Client-Side Marketers Aim to Deliver More Cohesive Customer Experiences, www.emarketer.com
- Improve Your Designs With The Principles Of Similarity And Proximity (Part 1), www.smashingmagazine.com
- “.Com is the seal of credibility”, www.thedomains.com
- 101Domain Busting Myths About Not Com Domains, www.domaininvesting.com
- 12 Tools to Automate Twitter for Ecommerce Marketing, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Amazon bolsters voice based-platform Alexa with investment in TrackR, www.reuters.com
- Amazon driving 60% of total U.S. online retail sales growth, www.retaildive.com
- Amazon gives European e-retailers a new way to sell across EU borders, www.internetretailer.com
- Amazon Sponsored Products: A Quick Case Study, 3qdigital.com
- Amazon’s Prime Now comes to the web, expanding beyond mobile app, www.geekwire.com
- B2B E-Commerce Is Warming Up, www.cmswire.com
- More than 21,000 small businesses can add same-day delivery through Postmates, recode.net
- Shopping Quizzes is a quiz-based recommendation engine for e-commerce sites, techcrunch.com
- What Mcommerce-Related Challenges Are Retailers Facing?, www.emarketer.com
- How to build email subscribers from social media, www.razorsocial.com
- How to Make the Most of Your Mother’s Day Email Marketing Campaign, www.martechadvisor.com
- Increase Your Sales with Email Marketing: Measuring the Impact of Your Email Marketing, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Measuring the Performance of Your Newsletter, www.verticalresponse.com
General Internet Marketing
- How Business Leaders View Digital Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Live Chats can Liven Up Marketing Campaigns, www.martechadvisor.com
- How to Be Ready for the Future of Marketing in 3 steps, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- Marketing in the Moment: Reactive Marketing in 2016, www.newswhip.com
- North American Marketers Move Toward People-Based Advertising, www.signal.co
- Stop Trying to Hire ‘Digital Marketers’, www.cmswire.com
- Why Marketers, Advertisers and Content Creators Must Embrace the Show, Not Tell, Media Economy, www.adweek.com
- Why Your Marketing Planning Process Is A Mess (And How To Fix It), blog.kissmetrics.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Admoda Celebrates 10th Anniversary By Closing Down, admoda.com
- Alanna Gombert to Succeed Scott Cunningham as General Manager of the IAB Tech Lab, www.businesswire.com
- InviteManager Disrupts $600 Billion Customer Entertainment Market Simplifying Invitations, Registration & ROI Reporting, www.prnewswire.com
- ScribbleLive Announces Key Updates to Its Engage Product, www.marketwired.com
- Small Businesses Close 2015 with Higher Revenues and Start 2016 Strong According to Constant Contact Survey, news.constantcontact.com
- Valassis Apio Builds an Exclusive Targeting Connection Between Offline and Online Data, www.valassis.com
- Ad tech is having a premature midlife crisis, digiday.com
- CMOs are taking command of the growth agenda, one byte at a time, econsultancy.com
- EverString Delivers Breakthrough Evolution of Predictive Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- What can marketers learn from the sciences? Quite a lot, chiefmartec.com
- Disappearing messages could be coming to Messenger for iOS, venturebeat.com
- Giphy launches a keyboard for iOS called Giphy Keys, techcrunch.com
- How You Got That Personalized Captain America Video Tweet From Chris Evans, www.fastcocreate.com
- Will Messaging Bots Eat Mobile Apps? We Ask Uber’s Chris Messina, www.tune.com
- 11 Little-Known Facebook Marketing Features You Can Try Today, blog.bufferapp.com
- 5 Steps to Amplify Your Paid Social Campaigns, blog.marketo.com
- Asked and answered: three important questions for marketing in a connected world, www.Twitter.com
- Creating Pinterest Boards: Your Complete Guide, blog.tailwindapp.com
- Facebook Branded Content: What Marketers Need to Know, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook paid $10,000 to 10-year-old for bug that let anyone delete Instagram comment, venturebeat.com
- Head of Engineering Michael Lopp Leaves Pinterest, www.adweek.com
- How to Engage With Other Facebook Pages Using Your Facebook Page, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- In northern France, a Facebook call to aid refugees inspires a social movement, qz.com
- Real Name Policies on Facebook, LinkedIn, Quora and Google Plus: Clarified, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Time Spent with Facebook Still Growing, but Not by Much, www.emarketer.com
- Twitter Temporarily Thwarted in Effort to Release More Details on Government Information Requests, www.adweek.com
- Want to Know What Facebook Really Thinks of Journalists? Here’s What Happened When It Hired Some., Gizmodo
- 3 Myths About Interactive Video and Mobile, multichannelmerchant.com
- BuzzFeed is building a video empire on food porn, digiday.com
- Four Kinds of Periscope Broadcasts You Should Be Creating, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Create Social Media Videos on a Budget, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- LinkedIn adds autoplay video to the dismay of its users, digiday.com
- Video Marketers: Stop Using ‘Reach’ as the Go-to Metric, www.reelseo.com
- Why Ads Go Viral, and What Made Apple’s ‘Taylor vs. Treadmill’ the Perfect Viral Spot, www.adweek.com
- Why Periscope hired an editor in chief, money.cnn.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.