Marketing Day: Hostess’ #OpeningDay Tweet, Google+ Stories Appear As Google Now Cards & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Was Hostess’ #OpeningDay Tweet A Social Media Slam Dunk?
Snack cake brand plays dumb with “touchdown” baseball reference, then reaps record engagement levels on its Twitter account.
- George Takei Presents #OdesFromTheCode For H&R Block
It’s tax season, which means the biggies are waging a marketing war for the honor of handling your return.
- Bank Saves Men From Embarrassment By Camouflaging Pinterest Pages With Man-O-Flage Browser Plugin
FirstBank seeks to promote its home loans by reaching men browsing home improvement projects.
- How To Get Links, Leads, Shares & Sales From What You Already Know
Columnist Tom Demers discusses how successful content creators profit from success, failure, and everything in between.
- The 7 Most Meaningful Dimensions For Customer Segmentation
Marketers these days are overwhelmed with possible sources and points of data. Columnist Jordan Elkind helps you focus on what matters most.
- Is Interactive Content In Your Future?
If interactive content isn’t already on your radar, it should be, explains columnist Arnie Kuenn, or you risk being left behind by your competitors.
- Periscope Slightly Peaks Out Over Meerkat In The Battle Over Real-time Video
The results of the live-stream heavyweight battle are too close to call, but Twitter’s Periscope has come out of the gate swinging.
- Spotted: Google+ Stories Appearing As Individual Google Now Cards
If you are a Google+ user (with Stories enabled) you may see new notifications in Google Now when a new story has been compiled.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- How To Generate Content Ideas That Result In Links, Leads & Shares
- Apple Maps Adds New Review Sources, Replacing Yelp Outside US In Many Cases
- The Future Of Search Engines Is Context
- Infographic: Mobile SEO Tips To Help You Survive The Coming Google Mopocalypse
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- Not Happy With Your Business Blog Performance? Try These 5 Tips, www.toprankblog.com
- Top Takeaways from ProBlogger Perth Training Event, www.problogger.net
- Consumers withdraw U.S. lawsuit against Google over Android app limits, Reuters
- Google: Tier two employer now, says recent grad, Business Insider
- Hulu Launches Its Own GIF Search Engine, techcrunch.com
- 10 Ways to Keep Your Employees Motivated to Participate in Content Marketing, www.thesaleslion.com
- How to Hire Freelancers Who Make Your Content Better, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Integrate Content Creation with Outreach and Relationship Building, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Overcome B2B ‘Content Marketing Crash’ in Four Moves, www.marketingprofs.com
- Qualities that Create Shareable Content, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Seven Reasons Millennials Don’t Care About Your Content, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why Creating Content Is Worth Your Time, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 8 Facts About Choosing the Right Domain Name, www.huffingtonpost.com
- Do Domain Extensions Matter?, www.websitemagazine.com
- 4 Facebook Changes Every Retailer Should Know About, www.getelastic.com
- 7 Product Detail Page Differentiators for 2015, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Amazon Dash: Omni-channel marketing and omni-channel commerce converge, VentureBeat
- An Alibaba program lets small web retailers order small quantities from factories, www.internetretailer.com
- Are Men Bigger Digital Shoppers than Women?, www.emarketer.com
- Domino’s is now ‘an ecommerce company that sells pizza’, Digiday
- For some B2B sellers, the question is: Amazon.com or AmazonSupply.com?, www.internetretailer.com
- How Many Ecommerce Shopping Carts Are Abandoned?, www.searchenginejournal.com
- More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth, adage.com
- Online shopping comes to neighborhood stores in China, www.internetretailer.com
- 3 Tips to Make a Great Welcome Mail, www.martechadvisor.com
- 75 Email Newsletter Content Topics You Can Use ASAP, www.verticalresponse.com
- Mobile Email Benchmarks: YoY Click, Purchase, and Design Trends, www.marketingprofs.com
- New Enhancements to Attachments, Sort Options and Stationery, yahoomail.tumblr.com
- Send Better Emails Using These 7 Data-Backed Tips, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The One Metric Every Email Marketer Needs to Stop Measuring, blog.returnpath.com
General Internet Marketing
- What’s the Core Function of a CMO?, www.cmswire.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Digital Air Strike and Dealertrack Technologies Enter Into Channel and Product Agreements, digitalairstrike.mwnewsroom.com
- OnBase by Hyland Takes ECM to the Next Level, www.onbase.com
- 9 big takeaways from last week’s #MarTech conference, chiefmartec.com
- Should You Enable ‘Big’ Social Business or Team Collaboration?, www.cmswire.com
- What Do Marketers Want From Ad Technology?, adexchanger.com
- Google in talks with mobile operators for cheap overseas calls, Telegraph
- Report Reveals Optimal Time To Promote iOS Apps, readwrite.com
- 5 Tips to Engage Your Audience With Push Messages, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How A Mobile App Can Drive Engagement at Your Event, blog.marketo.com
- How To Reach Mobile-Obsessed, Multicultural Millennials, adage.com
- Mobile + Marketing Automation Demystified, blog.marketo.com
- Mobile dominates an e-retailer’s stats sheet during the NCAA basketball tournament, www.internetretailer.com
- Mobile is the new black at Advertising Week Europe, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Online Reputation Management for Small Business, www.takeflyte.com
- Do Employers Own LinkedIn Groups Created By Employees?, Eric Goldman
- Twitter’s role in the retail path to purchase, Twitter Blog
- 11 Most Actionable Takeaways from Social Media Marketing World 2015, www.adweek.com
- 13 Instagram Tools for Businesses, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 2015 Social Media Benchmarks: Can You Guess The Results?, heidicohen.com
- 4 Ways to Use Twitter To Supercharge Your Online Credibility, www.jeffbullas.com
- 5 Facebook Features That Help Promote Your Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 6 Ways How You Can Ace Social Selling, www.martechadvisor.com
- Adapting With The User; Facebook Still Rules The Social Roost, adexchanger.com
- Facebook Insights: A Detailed Guide to Facebook Analytics, www.razorsocial.com
- Getting Ahead of the Facebook Marketing Curve, authoritylabs.com
- How to Control Access to Your Social Media Accounts, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Use LinkedIn Premium For Your Business, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Pinterest Acquires Team From Hike Labs, techcrunch.com
- Snapchat Replaces “Best Friends” With Friend Emojis, techcrunch.com
- Twitter Complies With Turkey’s Request, Ban to Be Lifted, recode.net
- Twitter says the key to winning an election is definitely more Tweets, qz.com
- Watch Brands Live-Tweet the Final Four, adage.com
- Which Brands Are Taking Advantage of Instagram?, www.emarketer.com
- Why social media startup Banjo will strike a chord with marketers, fortune.com
- Your Go-To Social Media Checklist for Your Next Update, blog.bufferapp.com
- Twitter’s Periscope and Meerkat invade theaters, but movie biz not too worried, www.bostonherald.com
- It’s time to take vertical video seriously, digiday.com
- Livestreaming and Local: Tech’s Next Collision?, streetfightmag.com
- The Five Essentials of a Killer Facebook Video Campaign, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Video Styles that Attract and Convert Shoppers, for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- YouTube Now Lets You Move YouTube Channels, Search Engine Roundtable
- YouTube Removes Facebook as a ‘Connected Account’, www.reelseo.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.