Marketing Day: #HashtagBowl Live Blog Preview, Imgur’s GIF Tool & Native Ad Budgets
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Preview: The Marketing Land #HashtagBowl Live Blog With Guest Digital Luminaries
Here’s what you can expect when you tune in Sunday to our live coverage of the Super Bowl ads and more.
- Facebook Is Using Humans To Improve News Feed Quality
In a sign that the algorithm is not enough, Facebook has put together a team of 600 people to interact with Facebook and then answer detailed questions about their experience and preferences.
- Help Wanted: We’re Hiring An Associate Features Editor
Applications are now being accepted for a new, full-time position on our growing editorial team!
- Google AdX, OpenX & Rubicon Project Remain Top-Rated Programmatic Sellers
Casale Media is out, LinkedIn is in the top 20 on Pixalate’s January Seller Trust Index.
- Visa To Highlight Future Of Online Payment During Super Bowl With First ‘Shoppable Halftime Show’
The financial services company seeks to highlight the ease of purchasing with Visa Checkout.
- Imgur Tool Simplifies The Process Animating Videos Into Gifs
A new tool from media hosting powerhouse Imgur makes the creation of animated GIFs unbelievable easy.
- Native Advertising Budgets Will Rise In 2015, Say Marketers
Still, most marketers devoted just up to 5 percent of their budgets last year to native ads.
- Web Searcher Experience: Is Delight Overrated?
We hear talk about “delighting” your website visitors, but what role should this factor play in your planning? Contributor Shari Thurow weighs in.
- Facebook Will Be Used More Than Twitter During Super Bowl [Survey]
Online survey by Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s found that 66% plan to use Facebook on their second screen on game day, compared to 56% for Twitter.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Search “Super Bowl” & See The Best Search Results Page Bing Has Ever Had
- Google Now Cards Integrated With Third-Party Developer Apps
- February 5 Webcast- Mobile Search & Click-to-Call
- Help Wanted: We’re Hiring An Associate Features Editor
- Search In Pics: Google’s Greyglers, Yahoo Keg, 40 Penguins
- 7 Ways To Use Splunk For Technical SEO
- Quickly See AdWords Performance By Search Query Length In Google Analytics
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Content Metrics Every Marketer Needs to Analyze, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Problem Solve First, Mine Data Later, smallbiztrends.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Blogger Intervention: 3 reasons why no one is engaging with your content, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- Give a Deal to Blog Readers, www.domaininvesting.com
- Apple, Google and Amazon Reach “Freemium” Agreement, www.wsj.com
- Content Curation: How to Easily Find Great Content to Share, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Five Strategies to Boost Customer Retention with Content, relevance.com
- Incorporate Quizzes Into a Content Marketing Strategy, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- 5 Best Practices For Testimonials That Lead to Increased Conversions, www.techwyse.com
- 5 Practical CRO Predictions for 2015, blog.crazyegg.com
- How Long Should I Run An A/B Test For?, www.impactbnd.com
- The Perfect Execution of Conversion Rate Optimization, www.quicksprout.com
- Tracking Conversions Across Subdomains with AdStage, blog.adstage.io
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 8 Steps to Building Features Your Users Actually Want, www.usertesting.com
- BBC, Guardian and Metro’s responsive makeovers: Who did it best?, digiday.com
- Amazon staffing up for new gTLD launches, domainincite.com
- How to Pick the Right Domain Name, fizzle.co
- Amazon Prime Membership Should Come With a Warning, time.com
- Amazon’s Q4 revenue grows 22% in North America, www.internetretailer.com
- Emerging Ecommerce Technologies That Will Change How We Market, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Facebook leads in social logins on retail sites, www.internetretailer.com
- Gap merges ecommerce and marketing in a new executive position, www.internetretailer.com
- Mobile Web beats apps for detail-oriented shoppers, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Switching to New Ecommerce Site, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Disposable Email Services Product to be rolled out on Discard.Email, www.thedomains.com
- Email Marketing Lessons for Startups from 4 Real Success Stories, www.iblogzone.com
- How Welcome Emails Increase Engagement, www.verticalresponse.com
- Using Exit Overlays to Incentivize Email Signups, blog.getresponse.com
- What’s the Best “Tone of Voice” for Email Customer Support?, www.dexmedia.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Brand Parodies That Won the Super Bowl, contently.com
- A few numbers to know before kickoff, www.adknowledge.com
- The Beginner’s Guide to Podcasting, blog.kissmetrics.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- AppLift Unveils DataLift, the First Unified, LTV-Powered Mobile Media Buying Platform, www.marketwired.com
- App Install Ad Startup Tune Raises $27 Million, recode.net
- Ogilvy New York Elevates Falusi to Chief Creative Officer, adage.com
- Android Shipped 1 Billion Smartphones Worldwide in 2014, blogs.strategyanalytics.com
- Android users are diluting tablets’ sterling m-commerce rep, www.internetretailer.com
- Are Mobile Apps a Threat to the Web?, www.distilled.net
- Are We There Yet? The Rocky Road To Mobile Measurement, www.cmo.com
- Consumers Still Slow to Buy In to Mobile Payments, www.emarketer.com
- Don’t believe the unbelievers (Part 2); Google Glass has succeeded through Glass at Work, 9to5 Google
- Google CFO Calls Glass A Case Where The Company Needed To “Pause” And “Reset”, techcrunch.com
- Prototyping iOS And Android Apps With Sketch, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Technology and touchdowns: How mobile is changing the game, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The State of Mobile Commerce, www.getelastic.com
- Kafka at LinkedIn: Current and Future, engineering.linkedin.com
- 3 Tips for Incorporating Data Into Your Social Media Strategy, www.semrush.com
- 37% of Female Fans Will Tweet About Super Bowl Ads, www.adweek.com
- 5 Key Facebook Marketing Trends For 2015, heidicohen.com
- 5 Social Planning Mistakes That Marketers Make, simplymeasured.com
- 5 Tips for Writing Promoted Tweets That Drive Conversions, blog.hootsuite.com
- 6 Steps To Start Your Social Media Campaign, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 8 Common Facebook Mistakes Social Media Managers Need To Avoid, blog.hootsuite.com
- Are You Ready for the “Geosocial” Revolution?, streetfightmag.com
- Jack Dorsey really, really approves of Dick Costolo as Twitter CEO, qz.com
- Let Your Humanity Shine in Social Media, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Making Pinterest – A look behind search guides, engineering.pinterest.com
- Pre-Released Super Bowl Ads Draw Attention on Twitter, simplymeasured.com
- Reddit complied with 64% of U.S. govt. data requests in 2014, according to its first transparency report, VentureBeat
- Victoria’s Secret sharpens social targeting, chats up Cosmopolitan fans on Snapchat, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Vine Introduces Vine Kids, techcrunch.com
- What $4.5 Million Could Buy If Spent on Social Ads Instead of Super Bowl Spots, www.adweek.com
- Which NFL Teams Are Winning (and Losing) on Twitter?, www.marketingprofs.com
- At Complex, video is everyone’s job, digiday.com
- How Marketers Can Influence the YouTube Autoplay Feature, www.thesempost.com
- Red Bull & Nike: Building Solid Video Strategies, www.socialbakers.com
- Will Weak Deals Stifle Independent Content Creation on YouTube?, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.