Marketing Day: Google’s biggest ad updates, Twitter’s NFL live stream & SAP’s CMO
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Forrester: Marketers need to say goodbye to campaigns, hello to AI-driven conversations with customers
Sep 16, 2016 by Barry Levine
New report on emerging tech in next five years also points to personal data lockers, commonplace augmented reality, and much smarter location analytics.
- Bidding on the competition: Is it really worth it?
Sep 16, 2016 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Bidding on your competitors’ brand terms could yield positive results, but columnist Jacob Baadsgaard warns that it might cause problems in the long run.
- Learn programmatic advertising from Oracle
Sep 16, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Digital delivery and content is the new currency of advertising. Brands must find a way to connect while measuring returns on more than recall or click-through rate (CTR). Only programmatic platforms can deliver that value. Get the basics of using programmatic advertising in this guide from Oracle.
- The biggest Google ad updates are also the quietest
Sep 16, 2016 by Andy Taylor
Advertisers have seen many big updates from Google over the past year, but columnist Andy Taylor makes the case that the most impactful updates may well have been the least publicized.
- Twitter’s NFL live stream and Facebook’s Sports Stadium should get married
Sep 16, 2016 by Tim Peterson
If I wanted my normal Twitter-NFL watching experience on Thursday night, I couldn’t watch the game on Twitter.
- Oh no! ABM is resurfacing bad habits for B2B marketers
Sep 16, 2016 by Scott Vaughan
Columnist Scott Vaughan says looking to inbound marketing’s past can help B2B marketers avoid costly mistakes with account-based marketing.
- ’Tis the season to be savvy with your digital marketing
Sep 16, 2016 by Lewis Gersh
For many marketers, the holiday stress will be even worse this year as political ads drown out pre-holiday marketing messages. Columnist Lewis Gersh offers strategies to make your message stand out from the noise.
- A CMO’s View: How data & analytics help shape SAP’s marketing message & strategy
Sep 16, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
SAP’s Maggie Chan Jones shares how her team uses analytics to manage events, modify campaigns and inform the brand’s marketing strategy.
- Instagram’s redesigned call-to-action button gets more clicks for gaming brands, new features
Sep 16, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Instagram’s redesigned call-to-action button is driving more install for mobile game advertisers and is getting more attention-grabbing features.
- Google, Facebook, IAB & major brands form Coalition for Better Ads
Sep 16, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
In response to ad blocking, a global initiative forms to set new standards and develop technology to improve ad experiences.
- Content Audit 102: leveraging data and adjusting strategy
Sep 16, 2016 by Rachel Lindteigen
Columnist Rachel Lindteigen discusses the ins and outs of performing a content audit and how to use the data you uncover to make shifts in your strategy.
- Pinterest streamlines Promoted Pin process with new Promote button
Sep 16, 2016 by Greg Finn
Clocking in at under 9 seconds, a new feature makes it easier than ever for brands to promote Pins on Pinterest.
- Learn the 8 habits of highly successful ad networks
Sep 15, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Successful ad networks are using these eight strategies to keep their businesses thriving. Learn from the industry’s top performers, and unlock secrets to how you can advance your ad network to play with the big dogs. This white paper from Tune explains: how to differentiate yourself and stand out to publishers; what a fraud score […]
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- The immediate results of link building
- How to manage local listings for enterprise brands
- Google downplays the Google algorithm ranking update this week as “normal fluctuations”
- Google mobile search results now showing images in the snippets
- Search in Pics: Bing Ads agency awards, Google baby bib & crossroads
- There’s no Google Search widget for the iOS 10 Search screen: why that matters
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Is the gap between affiliate marketing and social platforms closing?, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Are Your Campaigns Sailing in the Wrong Direction?, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Data-Driven Marketing Is Driving More Revenues, www.emarketer.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Blogging Your Way To a More Powerful Brand, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Should You Publish Shorter Posts More Often?, seocopywriting.com
- Why Aren’t Your Visitors Sharing Your Post on Social Media, www.blogherald.com
- Coaltion for Better Ads launched by IAB, Google, Procter & Gamble, others, Business Insider
- Google acquires Urban Engines to bring its location-based analytics to Google Maps, venturebeat.com
- 3 Keys to Great Content Marketing, According to LEGO CMO Julia Goldin, contently.com
- Get Buy-In from Executives With These 6 Common-Sense Reasons, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How Odyssey is rethinking branded content for millennials, digiday.com
- How to Create Custom Content for Niche Audiences, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Why Failing to Fact-Check Could Ruin Your Content Marketing, contently.com
- Understanding The Customer Acquisition Lifecycle, www.searchenginepeople.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Responsive Design Is So … 2013, www.cmswire.com
- Lots of companies are shopping for .Shop, domainnamewire.com
- Amazon Echo owners spend more on Amazon, says NPD, techcrunch.com
- European e-retailers face pricing hurdles, www.internetretailer.com
- How gamification helped us get 30,000 people addicted to our ecommerce app, www.internetretailer.com
General Internet Marketing
- How legacy brands and retailers can keep up with our tech-driven world, techcrunch.com
- Three Stereotypes to Avoid when Marketing to Millennials, adage.com
- What a Balanced Approach to Marketing Looks Like, www.marketingprofs.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Advertising Studio from Salesforce – Now With Direct Lead Automation From Facebook to Sales Cloud, www.salesforce.com
- Investing in Customer Retention Leads to Significantly Increased Market Share, Says New Study by Forbes Insights, www.prnewswire.com
- Manage your Trustpilot reviews in Zendesk, blog.trustpilot.com
- Outbrain Partners with Bombora on B2B Intent Data for Content Marketing, www.outbrain.com
- MarTech: Current and Future Trends of a Fast-Developing Mega Billion-Dollar Industry, www.martechadvisor.com
- Running marketing like lean software development, chiefmartec.com
- Taking Proximity Tech Beyond Promotional Offers, streetfightmag.com
- 3 tips for sending push notifications from native apps, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How can Google Search Console help you AMPlify your site?, webmasters.googleblog.com
- Take Charge of Your Brand Reputation Management, www.cmswire.com
- The anatomy of a good response to a negative online review, econsultancy.com
- 10 Reasons Why Every Business Should Turn Employees into Social Media Brand Advocates, blog.crazyegg.com
- 6 Facebook Advertising A/B Tests You Can Run Right Now, www.adweek.com
- All Facebook Image Dimensions and Ad Specs , www.jonloomer.com
- Brands have started using Twitter’s latest customer service tools, digiday.com
- Facebook, Google gather questions for presidential debates, www.computerworld.com
- How To Use Instagram Stories for Small Business: A Guide, smallbiztrends.com
- ICYMI: How Facebook is wresting control from publishers and agencies alike, digiday.com
- Instagram vs. Snapchat Stories, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Promoted Pins: How to Advertise on Pinterest, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- The Difference Between Listening, Analyzing, and Attributing on Social, simplymeasured.com
- Top Tips for Local Sites to Build their Audience on Social Media, www.newswhip.com
- What is the Facebook Algorithm?, www.bruceclay.com
- Who Wins? Instagram Influencers vs. Brands, mediakix.com
- Why Hashtags Matter for Today’s Brands, www.adweek.com
- Why Snapchat Is Already Giving Up on Not Being ‘Creepy’, contently.com
- How to Use Facebook Live Comments to Excite Your Audience, www.newswhip.com
- Is Amazon Testing Pre-Roll Promos in Prime Video?, www.adweek.com
- Social video grows brand interaction with the postmodern consumer, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech