Marketing Day: Google Glass, Mobile Ad Revenues & Twitter Third-Party Ads
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 50 Fascinating Marketing Tech Companies, All In One Room
Join Us For MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference, March 31-April 1 In San Francisco.
- AT&T Launches First-Ever Influencer-Driven Scripted Series On Snapchat
The telecom brand hopes to reach millennials by sponsoring SnapperHero: original video content for the ephemeral mobile platform.
- Here’s What Innovative Brands Did On Snapchat For The Super Bowl
For a look into the future of mobile marketing, contributor Nick Cicero explores what brands like Mountain Dew, GrubHub & McDonald’s are doing on this emerging platform.
- Twitter Will Push Promoted Tweets To Third-Party Apps & Sites
In a move to target its off-Twitter audience, the company announces first syndication partnerships, with Flipboard and Yahoo Japan.
- Report: Mobile Ad Revenues Don’t Line Up With Traffic Volumes
The state of mobile advertising is one of contrasts and imbalances according to Opera Mediaworks’ end of year report. It presents data drawn from 18,000 sites and 800 million users globally. The company also says its network represents 90 percent of top AdAge global advertisers. In the past few years mobile advertising around the globe […]
- Maintaining Brand Momentum Post-Super Bowl
Don’t give up on your Super Bowl marketing campaigns the minute the game ends! Columnist Jason Warnock discusses several ways brands can capitalize on this event well after the fact.
- Google Glass: Thank You For Exploring With Us
The Google Glass Explorer Program has officially ended — so what went wrong? Columnist Daniel Cristo explores.
- What 30 Seconds Of Super Bowl Ad Money Would Have Bought Online: 2,542,573,344 Impressions
A post-game empirical analysis by programmatic ad platform Rocket Fuel shows almost no lift or conversion benefit to Super Bowl advertising for auto makers. (I made a similar argument here.) The company then goes on to examine what marketers could have done online with the $4.5 million they spent on a single 30-second spot. Rocket […]
- Exploring The Cutting-Edge: Predictive Marketing Analytics
Columnist Mary Wallace explains how predictive analytics can be used to reach out to the right buyers at the right moment based on the big-data power of predictive lead scoring
- 4 Digital Marketing Strategy Studies: Formats, Trends, Influencers & Engagement
What spells success in content marketing and other digital disciplines? Is it about the format, the distribution or the timing? Contributor Kelsey Libert explores all the important factors.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google’s Senior VP Of Knowledge, Alan Eustace, To Retire
- Free Trip To SMX – Win The Biggest Search Geek Contest!
- Google’s Mortgage Calculator Quick Answer Now Live
- 5 Pieces Of Content: 25 Link Ideas
- Google Issues Its 2014 “Bad Ads” Report: Disabled More Than Half A Billion Ads
- Appearing Multiple Times In Google Shopping: The Pros & Cons
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to Roll-Up your Data in Google Analytics, Luna Metrics
- Mobile Analytics Guide for Mobile Websites, Web Analytics World
- PlaceIQ Introduces CIP Analytics, Transforming Static Campaign Reports into Dynamic Dashboards that, PR Newswire
- Exclusive: Google and Uber Are Going to War Over Taxis, Bloomberg
- Android vs. Apple: Can’t We All Just Get Along?, The Next Web
- Apple to build $2 billion ‘command center’ in Arizona, CNN Money
- Foursquare’s original chief technical officer is the latest to leave the company, The Verge
- Google Rejected 1.25 Million Network Applicants Last Year, Ad Age
- 7 Steps That Will Hook Readers On Your Content through the Magnetic Force of Fascination, Copyblogger
- Before You Click Publish, Here’s What to Do With Your Content, Salesforce
- How to Curate Data Into Great Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Hate this Headline? You’ll Probably Share the Story., KISS Metrics
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 44 Responsive Web Design Resources: The Ultimate List, usertesting.com
- The Shocking Truth About This Little Thing Called Kerning, The Daily Egg
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Adding more functionality to the "mute this ad" feature, Inside AdSense
- Know The Differences Between Facebook and Google Ads, PPC Hero
- The Real Victims of Ad Fraud Might Surprise You, Ad Age
- Yieldbot’s First Annual Super Bowl Intent Scorecard, yieldbot.com
- .net zone back above 15 million names, DomainIncite
- Another Blockbuster Sale: Vodafone Sells 360.com to 360.cn; The 49th Most Visited Site On The Internet, The Domains
- Are New gTLDs More Memorable than Country Code Domains ?, thedomains.com
- Moniker lost over 60,000 .com domain names in October, Domain Name Wire
- 10 years later, Amazon celebrates Prime’s triumph, Seattle Times
- A third of online shoppers hesitate to buy because of credit card data thefts, Internet Retailer
- Big Layoffs Begin at eBay and PayPal, Re/code
- How to Use SlideShare for B2B Ecommerce, Practical Ecommerce
- 5 Awesome #Superbowl Emails, Movable Ink
- 7 Lessons From Email Marketing Innovators, www.dmnews.com
- Email subject lines: the best words & emojis to boost open rates, eConsultancy
General Internet Marketing
- Coding Beginner? Get Started with VBA Macros in Excel, 3qdigital.com
- McDonald’s sports activations drive up to 8x more mobile redemptions, Mobile Commerce Daily
- New Adware Found In Google Play Apps With Millions Of Downloads, TechCrunch
- 5 countries to follow on social media, Digiday
- Guest Post: Spotify album visualization using Twitter and PubNub data stream, Twitter Blog
- Instagram looks to expand its ‘editorial’ team, Digiday
- Over 500,000 Google+ Views & More in 4 Months [Case Study], in2itivesearch.com
- Still Suck At Social Media Marketing in 2015? Fix It, Overit
New on MarTech