Marketing Day: Google Data Studio, chatbots & Twitter Moments analytics
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google AdWords’ view-through conversion window will soon default to 1 day
Mar 7, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The change will go into effect on March 29, 2017.
- Google rolls out free Data Studio globally, improves filters & other features
Mar 7, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Users can now save and reuse data filters, add Google Analytics segments and more.
- The business case to merge sales & marketing ops
Mar 7, 2017 by Scott Vaughan
Columnist Scott Vaughan makes the case for why an ‘ops’ merger is a beautiful marriage that will delight both your customers and your executive team.
- How to use Google Tag Manager to show your clients results
Mar 7, 2017 by Sherry Bonelli
Columnist Sherry Bonelli provides an overview of Google Tag Manager, including how get started with it.
- Chatbots: Hype or the real deal?
Mar 7, 2017 by Matt Silk
Are you considering implementing chatbot technology for your business? Columnist Matt Silk explains when this technology might be appropriate and whether or not you should buy into the hype.
- Driving local marketing change with Uber, Lyft and self-driving cars
Mar 7, 2017 by Brian Smith
Columnist Brian Smith explains how ride-sharing services and self-driving cars will open up a host of new opportunities for local businesses.
- Break through 5 common barriers to contextual marketing and connected experiences
Mar 7, 2017 by Mike Sands
In an increasingly multi-channel world, it’s difficult to make every customer interaction meaningful. Columnist Mike Sands explains the secret to driving more genuine engagements that foster retention and loyalty.
- Pinterest’s updated browser extension turns off-Pinterest images into search queries
Mar 7, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Pinterest’s extension will scan images on a web page to show related pins. But those visual search results won’t include ads.
- What do employee reviews really say about your agency?
Mar 7, 2017 by David Rodnitzky
Your agency’s rating on Glassdoor might not be telling the whole story. Columnist David Rodnitzky describes the essential ingredients of a high-performing company culture.
- Why search will save TV
Mar 7, 2017 by Benjamin Spiegel
As cord-cutting and changing viewing habits disrupt traditional TV, columnist Benjamin Spiegel explains why better content discovery is essential for the future of the medium.
- Twitter will offer viewership stats for Moments makers
Mar 7, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Twitter will report total views, unique viewers, completion rates, shares and likes for Moments.
- Facebook to phase out Atlas brand, shift tools & clients to Facebook’s products
Mar 7, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook is starting to fold Atlas’s measurement products into Facebook’s own tools and will transition Atlas’s remaining clients as well.
- What’s a blockchain? And how could it change marketing & advertising?
Mar 7, 2017 by Barry Levine
With promises of smart contracts, global and secure payment systems, token-based communities and transparent record keeping, blockchains are hot.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- A Test: Which Vendor Wins at Sentiment Analysis?, CMS Wire
- How to Get the True Measure of a Mobile Ad, AdAge
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Free Blogging Apps You Need On Your IPhone Right Now, The Blog Herald
- 7 Blogging Mistakes to Avoid in 2017, Problogger
- Configuring a User Avatar in WordPress Is Not as Easy as It Should Be, WordPress Tavern
- From Miserable Telemarketer to Successful Entrepreneur: How Starting a Blog Changed My Life, Problogger
- Introducing WordPress.com for Google Docs: A New Way Forward for Collaborative Editing, he WordPress.com Blog
- The Exact Amount that You Must Spend on a Great Blog Is…, The Blog Herald
- Amazon gives up fight for Alexa’s First Amendment rights after defendant hands over data, The Verge
- Google foe takes Android complaint to regulators, Reuters
- Google’s Christine Flores Is Pinterest’s New General Counsel, Adweek
- 7 Apps and Tools Obsessed by Content Marketers, Content Marketing Institute
- How to Plan Marketing Content to Effectively Reach Your Target Audiences, MarketingProfs
- The Secrets to Word Count, CopyPressed
- Your Recipe for Creating Linkable Content Assets, Vertical Measures
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Designing a winning online experience: 8 questions you should ask, 3Q Digital
- Experience Design: Beyond a Simple ROI, UXmatters
- How to Create a Stunning Wedding Website with WordPress, WPExplorer
- How To Perfect Your Mobile App’s Login Screen, Usability Geek
- What Type of SSL Certificate Does Your Website Need?, Search Engine Journal
- How .com became a restricted TLD, Domain Incite
- Uber is the proud new owner of UberSucks.com, Domain Name Wire
- Yikes! Is this a death spiral for new top level domain names?, Domain Name Wire
- Amazon Prime launches in Mexico, TechCrunch
- How to Finally Tame the Ecommerce Fulfillment Beast, Multichannel Marketer
- 3 Quick Tips to Get a Better Email Response Rate, Jeff Bullas
- Rewarding Customer Engagement With Pre-Built Segments, MailChimp Blog
General Internet Marketing
- Evolve or Die: The Role of Purpose & Authenticity in Marketing, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- How to Save A Struggling Marketing Plan, Pushing Social
- The 4 Elements of Successful B2B and B2C Digital Marketing Programs, Simply Measured
- Why Agile Marketing Is the Antidote to Constant Change, CMS Wire
Internet Marketing Industry
- New AI and Robotics Capabilities Optimize Pega CRM to Improve Service and Sales Effectiveness, Pega
- Act-On Brings The Waze™ Experience to B2B Marketing Automation with Adaptive Journeys™ Powered By Machine Learning, Act-On
- Adbrain Partners with Eyeota to Create New Mobile Audiences, PR Web
- AffinityAnswers Partners with LiveRamp to Expand Distribution of its “Mutual Affinity” Social Media Audience Data, AffinityAnswers
- Apple Pay is now available on ActBlue forms, ActBlue Blog
- Former Salesforce Marketing Cloud Executive Bryan Wade Joins Sigstr as CEO, Business Wire
- Olapic Supports Launch of Instagram Ads in Stories With Its Innovative Content in Motion Video Solution, Market Wired
- Preethy Vaidyanathan Joins Tapad As SVP Of Product To Further Drive Global Solutions, PR Newswire
- SearchSpring Delivers Product Boosting Rules for Category Pages, SearchSpring
- SharpSpring and Enthusem Integrate to Help Marketers Automate and Track Direct Mail-to-Digital Campaigns, PR Web
- TE2 Expands its Customer Experience Management System With New Mobile and Web Pre-Order mCommerce Module, Business Wire
- 9 interview hacks for being the most memorable martech candidate, Chief Marketing Technologist
- 10 Items or Less: Why retailers need to rethink what they think about mobile, Retail Dive
- 5 Ways to Use Facebook Messenger Bots for Your Business, Social Media Examiner
- Usage of Digital and Mobile Marketing Expanding in China, KoMarketing
- “What The Hell Do We Do With LinkedIn?!” (Final Answer), Search Engine People
- Facebook’s content moderation system under fire again for child safety failures, TechCrunch
- LinkedIn fails to agree with Russia on restoring access to site, Reuters
- Popular Twitter Hashtags to Promote Your Small Business Every Day of the Week, Small Biz Trends
- The Most Engaged Facebook Sites of January 2017, NewsWhip
- What Marketers Should Know About Facebook User Engagement in 2017, Adweek
- Brand Stories, Video & Emotions: How to Connect With Viewers, MarketingProfs
- Celebrate International Women’s Day on Facebook Live with #SheMeansBusiness, Facebook for Business
- Celebrating inspirational women around the world: #HerVoiceisMyVoice, Official YouTube Blog
- Twitch Introduces Pulse, a Facebook-Style News Feed, Adweek
- WWE’s Raw Ingredient to Video Smackdown Success: Epic Storytelling, Tubular Insights
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.