Marketing Day: Google My Business, AI for link building & Instagram’s 2M monthly advertisers
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 3 ways to improve link equity distribution and capture missed opportunities
Sep 25, 2017 by Chris Long
You’ve worked hard to accumulate as much link equity as possible from external sources, but is your internal linking structure diluting that equity? Columnist Chris Long details how to reclaim your lost link value.
- Google is making strides with Google My Business
Sep 25, 2017 by Brian Smith
Though Google My Business isn’t perfect, columnist Brian Smith believes that recent updates and added features illustrate Google’s commitment to making the platform work for local business owners.
- How to use AI for link building and improve your search rankings
Sep 25, 2017 by Kevin Rowe
As artificial intelligence (AI) continues to grow in popularity among consumers, marketers working in search engine optimization must consider how it can make their work easier and help them get better results.
- Instagram hits 2 million monthly advertisers, doubling in six months (again)
Sep 25, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Instagram crossed the 1-million-advertiser mark in March and is closing the gap on Facebook’s 5 million.
- Video marketing prep for great holiday results
Sep 25, 2017 by Brent Hieggelke
Santa doesn’t visit every house in one night. So why hold yourself to a tight turnaround? Columnist Brent Hieggelke advises brands to start celebrating the holidays now, so they might get a full stocking of sales results come December.
- Sailthru issues a Personalization Index for online retailers
Sep 25, 2017 by Barry Levine
Among the hundred retailers, only two scored just over 70, out of a possible 100.
- Even for email, experience is everything
Sep 25, 2017 by Jose Cebrian
While campaign numbers and email platforms are important, columnist Jose Cebrian believes marketers can’t afford to ignore the experience their subscribers are getting.
- 6 ways the Era of Bots could dramatically change how products are marketed and sold
Sep 25, 2017 by Barry Levine
The CEO of a bot-building platform envisions the real impact of bot-based commerce.
- Marketing technology can’t fix a flawed process, says VisionEdge Marketing’s President
Sep 25, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
VisionEdge Marketing’s Laura Patterson will be a part of the ‘How to Implement Best-in-Class Processes, the Foundation of Your Marketing Operations’ panel at MarTech Boston.
- YouTube Studio updates let creators schedule posts & see subscriber numbers in the app
Sep 22, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The new features make it easier for creators to manage their YouTube channels from mobile devices.
- Facebook will measure how its ads compare against, complement TV campaigns
Sep 22, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook will offer more advertisers the ability to measure campaign brand lift, but brands will need to trust Facebook to grade its own homework.
- How long does it take to deindex low-quality or thin content published by accident? [case study]
Sep 22, 2017 by Glenn Gabe
Is mistakenly published content impacting your site’s SEO performance? Columnist Glenn Gabe shares a case study detailing how to fix this issue — and how long it may take to resolve once fixed.
- SEO 101: Which URL versions to add to Google Search Console
Sep 22, 2017 by Fili Wiese
Can you really afford to miss out on free technical data about your website’s performance in Google search results? Of course not! Contributor Fili Wiese explains how to set up your website in Google Search Console to make it work to your advantage.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Twitter Optimization: How To Benefit From Your Twitter Analytics Data, Search Engine People
- Obama tried to give Zuckerberg a wake-up call over fake news on Facebook, Washington Post
- How Amazon could become an entertainment powerhouse, Digiday
- Target Embedding Pinterest Camera Search Tool in Its App, Wall Street Journal
- Combine These 5 Research-Based Ingredients for Higher-Quality Content, Copyblogger
- How to Get Customers to Participate in a Case Study, Content Marketing Institute
- Visual Content Marketing: 10 Brilliant Examples, Search Engine Journal
- 5 Black Friday Ecommerce Trends You Need to Prepare For in 2017, Shopify Plus
- Back-to-School Ecommerce Sales Saw a 3% Increase, Multichannel Merchant
- DIY Ecommerce Website Development, MarTech Advisor
- Email Behavior: When, Where, and How People Check Email in 2017, MarketingProfs
- Email Design Tips: How to Use Color to Drive Subscriber Behavior, Movable Ink Blog
- The very embarassing #fail I made with MY OWN newsletter | Email marketing consultant, Email Monday
General Internet Marketing
- Learn Influencer Marketing 5 Ways, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- What Every Marketer Needs to Know About Brand Safety, MarTech Advisor
Internet Marketing Industry
- Automatically Post to Twitter and Facebook When the Social Buzz is Happening, PR Newswire
- Clancy Ryan named Head of Technology Sales at The Washington Post, The Washington Post
- Triad Retail Media Names Sherry Smith as New CEO, Business Wire
- Chatbots that mind their manners show better engagement, Mobile Marketer
- Facial recognition in advertising: time to panic?, Branded3
- How To Translate Your Website Content & 5 Useful Tools To Do The Job, Crazy Egg
- 5 Ways Brands Can Use POS Data for Targeted Customer Marketing, Street Fight
- Google AMP: Why It Might Be Right for Your Site, Stone Temple
- How DSW tied up mobile engagement with choose-your-own-ending ads, Mobile Marketer
- 4 Tools to Research Competitors on Social Media, Social Media Examiner
- Facebook to Re-license React after Backlash from Open Source Community, WordPress Tavern
- Nine Brands Who Have Mastered Instagram, Search Influence
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.