Marketing Day: Google App Streaming, SocialPro Live Blog & A Redesigned Google+
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google App Streaming: A Big Move In Building “The Web Of Apps”
Nov 18, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
A world where you can search through and move between apps as easily as with the web? Google’s new app streaming service may usher this in.
- Social Pro Live Blog: How Social Marketers Can Stay On The FTC’s Good Side
Nov 18, 2015 by Matt McGee
Social media disclosures (and more) are on tap as our Social Pro conference begins with a keynote conversation between Marketing Land and the FTC.
- Use Google’s Search Console API & Pivot Tables To Supercharge Your Long-Tail SEO
Nov 18, 2015 by Chris Liversidge
Columnist Chris Liversidge explains how you can use the Search Analytics API to glean insights from your search query data in Google Search Console.
- How To Prep For The Pending Penguin Update & Ensure You’re Penalty Free In 2016
Nov 18, 2015 by Erin Everhart
The next Penguin update is coming soon, according to a Google spokesperson. Columnist Erin Everhart outlines what you can do to prepare.
- Learn Successful Tactics For SEO, SEM, Mobile & More – Check Out The SMX West Agenda!
Nov 18, 2015 by Marketing Land
Mark your calendars — Search Engine Land’s SMX West returns to San Jose in March! Attend SMX West to learn performance-boosting tactics that will fire up your campaigns.
- Market Research Platform Lucid Launches “Proof” To Test Ads’ Effectiveness
Nov 18, 2015 by Barry Levine
Employing its 50+ million respondent database, New Orleans-based company offers real-time verification that ads reach their intended audiences.
- What Publishers Must Consider When Planning Their Mobile Strategies
Nov 18, 2015 by Rob Rasko
Do you have a solid mobile strategy in place? Columnist Rob Rasko tells marketers what to consider when choosing a technology vendor to help monetize mobile content.
- Salesforce Adds New Predictive Powers To Its Marketing Cloud
Nov 18, 2015 by Barry Levine
Predictive Scores and Predictive Audiences expand the platform’s ability to forecast what a user will do and to take action so it can change the future.
- Urban Airship Enables Real-Time Mobile Data Insights For Marketers
Nov 18, 2015 by Greg Sterling
“Don’t cross the streams” was the famous line from the movie, “Ghostbusters.” But that’s exactly what Urban Airship is trying to help marketers do. In September of this year, the Portland, Oregon-based company introduced what it called Urban Airship Connect.
- Surveys: On Black Friday, Millennials Will Be In Stores And On Their Smartphones
Nov 17, 2015 by Greg Sterling
‘Tis the season for holiday shopping surveys. Two new ones from Wanderful Media and Retale offer insights into the mind of the coveted but elusive Millennial holiday shopper. Both surveys reflect that compared with the general population, Millennials are more eager shoppers and more focused on digital sources, especially mobile, for pre-shopping research.
- [Reminder] Upcoming Webcast — How To Boost Lead Conversion
Nov 17, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
According to a recent study, B2B companies are spending 50 percent of their marketing and sales budgets generating leads that are never pursued. It’s a classic sales dilemma: how often do you reach out to a lead before moving on to the next one?
- Google Revamps Google+ To Focus On Communities & Collections
Nov 17, 2015 by Martin Beck
Redesign boosts speed and makes it easier for people to share interests on Google’s oft-maligned social network.
- Android 6 “Marshmallow” & SEO Series: Click To Search With Google Mobile
Nov 17, 2015 by Cindy Krum
In the third and final article on the mobile search impact of Android Marshmallow’s new features and capabilities, contributor Cindy Krum discusses the “Click to Search” feature.
- Google Will Fight Russian Antitrust “No Mandatory Apps” Ruling
Nov 17, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Seeking to avoid a potential “precedent” that might be emulated elsewhere, Google will challenge the Russian antitrust agency’s determination that it violated Russian competition law with its Android app rules. Yandex complained that Google was violating Russian competition law by requiring pre-installed or default Google apps on Android.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Content Marketing Software ScribbleLive Enters Partnership With Google
- Psst! These Keyword Opportunities Are Sitting Right Under Your Nose
- See Hour-by-Hour Trends In AdWords With Heat Maps
- Google Expands App Indexing To Find & Stream App-Only Content
- Bing App Gets Refresh With Redesigned Homepage, Direct Answers & More
- Using Pinterest For Keyword Research
- Google Search Console Search Analytics Data Delayed But Google Is Working On A Fix
- Former Bing Personality, Duane Forrester, Now Working As VP Of Organic Search At Bruce Clay
- After FTC Guidelines, Ad Demarcations In Search Engine Results Have Become More Muted
- DuckDuckGo Now Serves Up LGBT Legal Rights By Country Via Data From Equaldex
- Oracle Marketing Cloud’s Look Book 2015
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Places to Find Inspiration for Blog Post Topics, www.toprankblog.com
- Is Blogging Finally Dead?, www.blogtyrant.com
- Where Google, Apple, And Amazon Employees Want To Work Next, www.fastcompany.com
- 10 Ways to Make Your Content Marketing Go Viral, www.jeffbullas.com
- 3 Best Practices for Sharing Curated Content, blogs.constantcontact.com
- An Advocate Who Helps People Change the World with Content Marketing, www.copyblogger.com
- Guide to Content Marketing Through Comments, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Is It Ethical for a Freelance Journalist to Work in Content Marketing?, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Repackaging Content to Drive Traffic Over and Over Again, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The Content Marketing Campaign Playbook, moz.com
- You’re Wasting Your Time on These 3 Conversion Strategies, blog.crazyegg.com
- Google cross promoting domain names to existing customers, domainnamewire.com
- There Are Now 10 Million New gTLD Domain Names, www.domaininvesting.com
- 17 ways to personalize ecommerce for four types of customer, econsultancy.com
- Abandoned Shopping Cart? Here’s How You Contact the Owner, smallbiztrends.com
- Amazon Starts Black Friday Early, techcrunch.com
- Amazon.com Announces Eight Days of Holiday Deals, phx.corporate-ir.net
- eBay Commerce Network Launches Bid Groups Beta to Help Advertisers Bid Effectively, www.rimmkaufman.com
- Groupon Exits Sweden, Denmark, Norway And Finland In Ongoing Global Retreat, TechCrunch
- Retailers are scrambling to fulfill online sales, www.retaildive.com
- What Amazon’s sideswipe of Google and Apple means for the rest of us, www.internetretailer.com
- Yes, China e-commerce is huge – here’s what not to do if you’re a foreign company trying to get in, qz.com
- 4 Reasons to Supercharge Your Email Campaigns with APIs, blog.movableink.com
- A Quick Guide to Improving Your Event Email Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday Email Marketing Tips, blog.mailchimp.com
- Have you missed the Thanksgiving email campaign bus already?, www.martechadvisor.com
- How gorgeous email design leads to astounding open rates, myemma.com
- Why Smart Retailers Aren’t Waiting To Hit SEND On Holiday Promotions, multichannelmerchant.com
General Internet Marketing
- 40 Influencer Marketing Tips From the Pros, www.blogherald.com
- Debunking four popular myths about influencer marketing, econsultancy.com
- Does values-based marketing really work?, www.retaildive.com
- The Science of Marketing with Neil Patel, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Washington Post CRO Jed Hartman: If Content Is King, The Platform Is Queen, adexchanger.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- IDI to Acquire Fluent, www.businesswire.com
- Kenshoo Ranks Highest in Customer Satisfaction, kenshoo.com
- Pixability Expands Leadership Team with Google Veteran Norman Rohr, www.pixability.com
- Univision Communications Launches Direct to Consumer Video Service, www.businesswire.com
- Gartner: 5 Vendors Lead in Workplace Social Software, www.cmswire.com
- Are mass merchants’ online/offline pushes falling short of omnichannel expectations?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Generation Z Takes Breaks From Mobile, www.adweek.com
- Minimum purchase price for apps and in-app products reduced on Google Play, android-developers.blogspot.sg
- Mobile Programmatic Trends Report, www.Twitter.com
- 5 Ways for Insurance Websites to Establish Consumer Trust, www.usertesting.com
- 25 Twitter Chats: Just for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 3 KPIs to Track For Your Social Media Success, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Are Sponsored Social Posts the Most Effective Marketing Channel?, www.emarketer.com
- Buffer Is Losing Social Media Traffic: Are You?, heidicohen.com
- Can Wired Make Instagram Journalism Mainstream?, contently.com
- Facebook Custom Conversions: A Beginner’s Guide, www.jonloomer.com
- Facebook Launches New Tools for Nonprofits, newsroom.fb.com
- Facebook’s Detailed Targeting—What You Need to Know, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How P&G Is Tying Snapchat Ads to In-Store Sales, adage.com
- How publishers use Snapchat outside the Discover feature, digiday.com
- How to Improve Your Social Media Marketing Plan With 13 Growth Hacks, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Instagram Shuts Down Third-Party Apps Feed API for a More Consistent User Experience, www.martechadvisor.com
- LinkedIn ads: Targeting, building ads, reporting, and best practices, 3qdigital.com
- Social Media Attribution: Is This Really a Problem?, simplymeasured.com
- Using Facebook Ads for B2B Targeting, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Wait, Did Facebook Just Build A Kickstarter Competitor?, techcrunch.com
- Buffering wheel, stand aside: Introducing YouTube offline in Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana and South Africa, google-africa.blogspot.com
- Google Ad Exec Neal Mohan Is YouTube’s New Product Boss, adage.com
- Here’s a Look at How YouTube Became an Entertainment Powerhouse, www.adweek.com
- Millennials Want Mobile Video Ads to Be Short and on Every Device, www.adweek.com
- SocialCode: Spending on Facebook Video Ads Tops Photo Ads in Q3, www.adweek.com
- Vine adds native audio remixing to help memes spread, www.theverge.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech