Marketing Day: Google Accelerated Mobile Pages Project, Facebook Lead Ads & LinkedIn Groups
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook Simplifies Mobile Lead Collection, Rolls Out Lead Ads
Oct 7, 2015 by Martin Beck
Facebook makes filling out forms on mobile a two-tap process within new ad unit that is now available to all advertisers.
- Jet.com Pulls Annual Membership Fee, Says Smart Carts Strategy Is Catching On
Oct 7, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
A little under three months after launching, the e-commerce start-up is adjusting its business model and making it free to for all consumers to shop on the site.
- The Right Tools Are Critical, But You Can’t Forget The Content!
Oct 7, 2015 by Alex LePage
Having the right technology is essential for any marketing strategy, but columnist Alex LePage reminds us that it’s the content that will make or break your advertising campaign.
- WordPress Launches Plugin To Support Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages
Oct 7, 2015 by Martin Beck
CMS announces support for AMP versions of posts, asks for help kicking tires and squashing bugs in the plugin.
- Neuromarketing For Small Business Owners
Oct 7, 2015 by Chris Marentis
Business owners often make decisions based on instinct and informally-gathered data, but columnist Chris Marentis suggests they could take it a step further by understanding buyer psychology.
- Verizon To Combine Its “Supercookie” Data With AOL For Online And Mobile Targeting
Oct 7, 2015 by Greg Sterling
The supercookie is back. The nation’s largest mobile carrier, Verizon, came under fire from privacy advocates last year for its unannounced “supercookie,” which was intended to collect and transfer data to third parties for enhanced mobile ad targeting to its 135-million-member customer base. Not actually a “cookie,” it’s a persistent identifier that tracks mobile users […]
- Why The Perfect Attribution Model Doesn’t Exist
Oct 7, 2015 by David Rekuc
Don’t waste your time searching for the perfect attribution model. Columnist David Rekuc offers four methods of analysis that will bring you better insights into your business.
- LinkedIn Is Making All LinkedIn Groups Private Starting Oct. 14
Oct 7, 2015 by Martin Beck
Career-focused social network is revamping the Groups experience to improve quality of conversation and is also launching a standalone iOS app for the feature.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages Project, Backed By Google, Promises Faster Pages
Oct 7, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
Google announces a new open initiative aimed at making pages load more quickly on mobile devices, a counter to moves by Facebook and Apple.
- Snapchat Bounced From comScore Top 15 Apps Chart By Google Drive
Oct 6, 2015 by Greg Sterling
The comScore August smartphone market share figures are out. Smartphone penetration remains at just over 77 percent in the US. Sequentially, almost all the numbers are flat. Google/Android had a 51.7 percent OS share, while Apple/iOS was hovering just above 44 percent, where they were last month. Compared with a year ago, however, Apple’s share […]
- Beyond Safari: New Ad Blocking App Extends To Native Apps, Including Facebook And Apple News
Oct 6, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The app, Been Choice, includes an option to earn cash in exchange for sharing even more data with the app itself.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- New: Use Location In AdWords Ad Customizers To Auto-Tailor Ads Based On Where Users Are
- How PPC Advertisers Can Best Leverage The Research Period This Holiday Season
- Re-Examining The Top 10 Paid Search Best Practices, Part 2
- Try It Now: Google Search For Accelerated Mobile Pages To See Content On Your Phone Faster
- Six Key Themes From “Meet The Search Engines” At SMX East
- Russian Regulators Give Google November 18 Deadline To Change Android Contracts
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- Facebook ‘Acqui-Hires’ Community Cellular Network Provider Endaga, AdWeek
- Should I Run WordPress In Parallel With My Existing Site, www.portent.com
- 5 Takeaways From Samsung’s Guidance, Wall Street Journal
- Why Content Marketing will Outlive All of Us…By a Long Shot, The Sales Lion
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 14 Ways to Spice Up Your Amazon/Ecomm Product Descriptions, www.marketingwords.com
- Amazon Prime overloading UConn mailroom, Business Insider
- Announcing AWeber’s Video Library, AWeber
- Email & Images: A Powerful Combination, Movable Ink
- How email marketers can be more like Santa Claus, myemma.com
- MailChimp Partners with Facebook, Twitter, Google, Shopify, and WooCommerce for the Holidays, blog.mailchimp.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Former Juniper Networks and Macromedia Executive, Penny Wilson, Joins Hootsuite as CMO, hootsuite.com
- Introducing the Supply Quality Index, www.sociomantic.com
- New Data: Publishers Look to Harness Real-Time, People-Based Marketing to Compete With Walled Gardens, Market Wired
- Integrated Platform Key to Unlocking ‘Next Generation’ Digital Customer Experience say Retailers as Qubit unveils New ‘Experience Management Platform’ Solutions, www.qubit.com
- Opera Mediaworks Makes In-App Video Viewability Crystal Clear, Market Wired
- ‘A delicious slice of pie’: QVC’s surprisingly successful mobile play, Digiday
- Office Depot overhauls app to enhance integration with stores, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Facebook to Start Scoring Ads Across Its Mobile Ad Network, Ad Age
- Hard decisions for a sustainable platform, Twitter Blog
- LinkedIn is redesigning Groups and launching a standalone iOS app, VentureBeat
- Will an easier-to-use Twitter lead to more users (and ad dollars)?, Internet Retailer
New on MarTech