Marketing Day: TweetDeck updates, FTC’s Machinima order & Tumblr’s ad biz
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- RIP TweetDeck for Windows: App to sunset on April 15
Mar 17, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Twitter for Windows will stop being supported on April 15 while the company chooses to focus on the web interface instead.
- FTC continues its influencer marketing crackdown with Machinima order
Mar 17, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Second release in less than a week indicates the agency wants to keep up the pressure on marketers to play by disclosure rules.
- 6 strategies to build links for your small business website in 2016
Mar 17, 2016 by Pratik Dholakiya
Small business owners often don’t know where to start when it comes to local link-building for SEO, so columnist Pratik Dholakiya shares his tips and suggestions.
- How advertisers should respond to fewer ads showing on Google
Mar 17, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Google recently changed the way ads are displayed on search engine results pages, so how can you make the most of this change? Columnist Frederick Vallaeys lays out some options.
- Tumblr looks to repair ad biz with blogless ads, sales team’s return
Mar 17, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Yahoo has bungled its Tumblr deal, per agency execs, but now Tumblr is tweaking its ad sales strategy to repair its business.
- How to build an in-house marketing team for conversion optimization
Mar 17, 2016 by Jeremy Smith
Do you have a team dedicated to conversion optimization? Columnist Jeremy Smith tells you how to assemble a team of pros and the kinds of people you should tap.
- Now entering… the age of cognitive marketing
Mar 17, 2016 by Barry Levine
IDC Research Manager Gerry Murray predicts that within a year, there will be an explosion in the number of marketing applications that “think.”
- The new performance creative: Where emotion, data and technology converge
Mar 17, 2016 by Scott Rayden
Columnist Scott Rayden says marketers who want to stay ahead of the curve need to successfully integrate data and technology with creative that connects with consumers.
- Report: Spending on corporate websites exceeds TV, mobile growing fastest
Mar 16, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Roughly 49 percent of the more than $470 million in annual marketing or ad spending in the US is now going to digital channels.
- SMX Advanced agenda is up! Secure your place today and save $500.
Mar 16, 2016 by Marketing Land
Get ready for Search Engine Land’s SMX Advanced, which returns to Seattle June 22–23. Two exceptional days of professional-level tactics, keynotes and networking await you! The agenda is now up, and SMX Advanced provides the latest, professional-level tactics and best practices in PPC, SEO, local and mobile search, social media marketing and more.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google ch-ch-ch-changes. How they’re affecting publishers and SEOs
- Why real-time search algorithm updates may be bad news
- St. Patrick’s Day Google doodle turns the logo green with a leaping shamrock
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Bridging the Gap Between Data Analytics and Personalization, www.cmswire.com
- What Does 2016 Hold for Analytics Users?, amplitude.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Blogging Blarney (& How You Can Fix It!), heidicohen.com
- How to Connect Your WordPress Powered Site to Apple News Publisher, wptavern.com
- Apple CEO Tim Cook on FBI, Security, Privacy, time.com
- Cloud Makes For Strange Bedfellows: Apple Signs On With Google, Cuts Spending With AWS, www.crn.com
- German court rules against Apple in video streaming patent case, Reuters
- 10 Digital Marketing Trends That Should Influence Your 2016 Content Strategy, www.komarketingassociates.com
- 6 Surprising Content Marketing Trends That Are Skyrocketing In 2016, And What You Need To Do In Response, blog.crazyegg.com
- Beware: Native Advertising Regulators Have Finally Grown Restless, adexchanger.com
- Content Marketing: The Hard Working Listicle, www.practicalecommerce.com
- From Branded Content to Content Brands, www.copypress.com
- Monetizing Your Content For Maximum Value, www.compukol.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Build Better User Experience With C.R.A.P. Design Principles, vwo.com
- How did we ever forget about customer experience?, econsultancy.com
- No Longer Any Separation between User Experience and Brand Perception, screenwerk.com
- What Is SEO Copywriting and Why Is It Important?, seocopywriting.com
- 13 Ways to Combat Shopping Cart Abandonment, www.wordstream.com
- Alibaba is working to bring virtual reality into its e-commerce services, techcrunch.com
- Amazon is poised to chew up the food chain, www.internetretailer.com
- Report: Retailers are misinterpreting ‘omnichannel’, www.retaildive.com
- 10 ways to reduce email unsubscribes, econsultancy.com
- 7 Simple Ways to Get More Email Subscribers, www.searchenginejournal.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Ways You Can Scale with Your Marketing Programs, blog.marketo.com
- How to Use Data to Define Your Digital Audience, simplymeasured.com
- Who’s Manipulating Whom: The Coming Wave of Personalization, adage.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Automational Boosts Small Business Efficiency with Sales and Marketing Automation, www.prweb.com
- CrowdTwist Expands Leadership Team to Meet Market Demand for Engagement-Based Loyalty, www.prweb.com
- ScribbleLive Announces Launch of ScribbleLive Plan, www.marketwired.com
- Agency And Ad Tech Expertise Create A New Breed Of Marketing Talent, adexchanger.com
- Four Reasons Marketers Should Be Excited About Machine Learning, www.marketingprofs.com
- 5 best-practice tips for mobile proximity messaging, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Facebook’s Messenger Bot Store could be the most important launch since the App Store, techcrunch.com
- How Google’s AMP Will Influence Your Online Marketing, moz.com
- Microsoft starts rolling out Windows 10 Mobile to Windows Phone 8.1 devices, venturebeat.com
- 3 Ways to Beat Instagram’s New Algorithm, swaygroup.com
- eMarketer Lowers Growth Outlook for Twitter, www.emarketer.com
- Facebook Canvas: The What, Why, How and Who Cares?, unbounce.com
- Facebook Catches March Madness, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Expanding Access to Conversion Lift Measurement, www.adweek.com
- Here are the winners and losers of an Instagram algorithm, digiday.com
- How Pinterest Knows Who’s Down to Shop and Who Isn’t, adage.com
- How to Manage Multiple Social Media Profiles, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Inside Buffer’s Social Media Strategy: Stats and Key Takeaways for Marketers, blog.bufferapp.com
- Instagram Interactions Plummet in 2015 (Study), www.adweek.com
- Marketers Give Poor Grades To Twitter In RBC Study, adage.com
- Social media contests should focus on experiences not giveaways, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 10 Fun (And Easy) Ways Makers and Handmade Entrepreneurs Use Blab, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Easily Translate YouTube Videos in New Languages, ignitevisibility.com
- Why User-Generated Video Content Ups Your Credibility, www.convinceandconvert.com
- YouTube and Google Play agree to join T-Mobile’s Binge On Program, following criticism of video throttling, techcrunch.com
- YouTube star network Fullscreen acquires StageBloc to help creators manage their online presence, venturebeat.com