Marketing Day: Facebook’s Slideshow Ads, REI’s #OptOutside Campaign & Mobile Holiday Strategies
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- SEMPO Releases State Of The Industry Report 2015
Oct 29, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The industry report provides insights on how agencies and marketers are managing their digital activities across multiple channels.
- Facebook Introduces New “Slideshow” Ad Unit For Emerging Markets, SMBs
Oct 29, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Today at an event organized to discuss Facebook’s growth opportunity in emerging markets the company introduced a new ad unit called “Slideshow.”
- Adobe Predicts Online Holiday Sales To Hit Record $83B, Cyber Monday To Generate $3B
Oct 29, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
According to Adobe’s forecasts, this holiday season will see an 11% year-over-year increase in online spending.
- REI Urges Folks To #OptOutside In Its Social Anti-Campaign For Black Friday
Oct 29, 2015 by Pamela Parker
The outdoor equipment cooperative builds its brand by taking a stand on Black Friday madness — and forgoing any sales on the big day.
- Unmetric Unveils Prediction Engine For Social Posts
Oct 29, 2015 by Barry Levine
Social intelligence platform inspired by Asimov’s “psychohistory” attempts to forecast engagement level of text-based posts.
- Despite New Mobile Tech, Marketers Still Favor Coupons For Offline Attribution
Oct 29, 2015 by Greg Sterling
There are now a variety of ways to determine whether someone who was exposed to an ad visited a store (that includes TV and out-of-home).
- Report Finds Black Friday Email Open Rates Highest On Monday & Tuesday Before Thanksgiving
Oct 29, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Yesmail says retailers are sending Black Friday emails too late, with majority of campaigns happening on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday.
- The Power Of Customer Trust In Brand Marketing
Oct 29, 2015 by Jonathan Hinz
Contributor Jonathan Hinz notes that, in the digital age, addressing your online marketing challenges must start with building a foundation of trust.
- Mobile Strategy For The Holidays: Two Industry Insiders Answer 5 Critical CMO Questions
Oct 29, 2015 by Scott Rayden
As the holiday season approaches at warp speed, how should you be boosting your mobile strategy? Columnist Scott Rayden shares some inside tips from a Q&A with two agency executives.
- Tips for Building A Priority Account List For B2B Account-Based Marketing
Oct 29, 2015 by Peter Isaacson
As more marketers put account-based marketing into action, how do you know which accounts to focus on? Columnist Peter Isaacson has advice on what to keep in mind when implementing your ABM strategy.
- How Scarcity Changes Our Brains And Boosts Your Conversion Rates
Oct 29, 2015 by Jeremy Smith
Hurry! Get it while supplies last! Columnist Jeremy Smith explains how a conception of scarcity affects the brain and how marketers can respond to it to drive conversion rate optimization.
- Social PR Psychographic Segmentation: The NEW Facebook Influencer Marketing
Oct 29, 2015 by Sponsored Content: aimClear
For hundreds of years, PR pros whipped out little black books for person-to-person content pitching. It’s true. Relationships matter more than ever. However, these days, radical psychographic influencer targeting makes easy work of placing precious PR content in front of influencers’ eyeballs via social feeds.
- Milan-Based Company Launches Multi-Tech Device For Tracking Real-World Customers
Oct 29, 2015 by Barry Levine
Taggalo wants to go beyond what RetailNext, Quividi and others are doing to put brick-and-mortar store visitors inside analytics.
- Yelp Beats Expectations With $143.6 Million In Revenue, Transactions Way Up
Oct 28, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Yelp announced Q3 2015 earnings this afternoon. The company had better than expected quarterly revenues of $143.6 million versus analyst consensus estimates of $141.42 million.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- The Most Important Thing SEOs Overlook: Internal Links
- Visualizing SEO: Why Visualizing SEO Data Matters
- How RankBrain Changes Entity Search
- Google: Next Penguin Update Should Happen By End Of 2015
- Google Warns Webmasters Again: Do Not Use Sneaky, Mobile-Based Redirects
- Enterprise Call Analytics Platforms — New Marketing Intelligence Report
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 18 Types of Affiliates (Most of Which You Do Not Yet Use), www.amnavigator.com
- Affiliate Marketing: How to Manage Coupons, Deals, www.practicalecommerce.com
- You have the data. Are you making the most of it?, blog.movableink.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Tools for Busy Bloggers, www.blogherald.com
- How to Make People Stay and Read Your Blog Posts, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Apple has probably sold more than 5 million watches so far, qz.com
- Bringing the Internet within reach of 100 million Indonesians, googleblog.blogspot.com
- Google is now sharing its best internal HR and management advice with the world, qz.com
- How AOL wants to battle Facebook, Google in the UK, digiday.com
- Some Alphabet Units May Return to China Ahead of Others, Brin Says, blogs.wsj.com
- Still fuming over HTTPS mishap, Google makes Symantec an offer it can’t refuse, Ars Technica
- 3 UX Principles That Will Make You a Better Content Marketer, www.usertesting.com
- 4 Experts Share How They Rock B2B Content Marketing with LinkedIn, seocopywriting.com
- 5 Ways To Spread Content, Whatever It Is, smallbiztrends.com
- 5 Writing Hacks to Resuscitate Your Content Marketing Efforts, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Brands Share Their Most Hair-Raising Content Marketing Horror Stories, www.toprankblog.com
- Choose Your Own Adventure With Content Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Content Strategy 101 for Content Marketers: Your Questions Answered, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Why the Title of Your Content Is Everything, www.verticalmeasures.com
- 7 Laws of Split Testing That Most People Completely Ignore, blog.crazyegg.com
- How to Master Lead Gen Form Optimization, conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Sneaky Tips for Writing Compelling Tweets, Headlines and Other Short Copy, www.marketingwords.com
- 5 Characteristics Of Interaction Design, usabilitygeek.com
- CX Insights from The RealTime Marketing Lab, www.cmswire.com
- Good UX is Driving the Need for Better CX, www.usertesting.com
- How Responsive Images Work in WordPress, wptavern.com
- Knowing what you’re not: defining your design principles, econsultancy.com
- Web Design: Be My Judge, www.koozai.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Another UDRP FAIL! As Panel Refuses to Transfer a Domain Used for Phishing, www.thedomains.com
- Domain Investing is Not a Way to “Get Rich Quickly”, www.domaininvesting.com
- Amazon Planning Private-Label Clothing Lines, www.fastcompany.com
- Analysing Amazon’s palliative approach to fake reviews, econsultancy.com
- Comparing the ‘best’ and ‘worst’ ecommerce sites, econsultancy.com
- One in Four Shoppers Already Planning for Black Friday, www.emarketer.com
- Tictail’s In-App Messaging To Bring Real Customer Service To Online Shopping, www.fastcompany.com
- Why digital dominates the retail sales story this holiday season, www.retaildive.com
- These 3 Email Subject Lines Will Kill Your Chances of Winning a New Customer, www.ducttapemarketing.com
General Internet Marketing
- 13 Stats That Should Thrill CMOs, contently.com
- Balanced marketing campaigns grow ROI, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Reining in Your DX Strategy, www.cmswire.com
- The Path to Personalization: A Framework for Digital Marketing Advancement, www.martechadvisor.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Act-On announces new CEO, press.act-on.com
- QuickMobile Debuts New User Interface: Meetings & Conventions, www.meetings-conventions.com
- The Story Behind Opentopic’s Collaboration with IBM Watson, medium.com
- Despite Major Consumer Shifts in Behavior Across the Digital Ecosystem, Survey Reveals Over Half of Top Marketing Executives Don’t Have an Omnichannel Strategy, www.marketwired.com
- 5 Tips for Smoother Marketing Tech Implementations, www.chiefmarketer.com
- Breaking Free of the Ad Tech Echo Chamber, adexchanger.com
- Marketing Automation: Do You Need It?, pushingsocial.com
- Predictive Marketing Will Be Key Piece of Technology Stack, www.emarketer.com
- Venture capital gives ad tech the cold shoulder, digiday.com
- Building the Best Facebook Login Experience for People on iOS 9, developers.facebook.com
- Data is a Mobile Marketer’s Best Friend, www.cmswire.com
- Facebook Tweaks Friend Requests Page in iOS App, www.adweek.com
- 4 Ways to Get a Bigger Social Marketing Budget, simplymeasured.com
- 5 Ways to Create Infographics for Instagram, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 9 Ways to Use Instagram in Your Social Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Facebook Bakes Ad Buying Into Its Free, 200K-User Mixpanel Competitor “Analytics For Apps”, techcrunch.com
- Facebook has given startups $250M, venturebeat.com
- Facebook Testing Local Market?, www.adweek.com
- Facebook’s LiveRail Cans Some Ad Network Customers As It Goes Direct-To-Publisher, adexchanger.com
- How 7 Top Influencers Share Great Content on Twitter, www.jeffbullas.com
- How is Facebook Doing? 6 Things We’re Keeping An Eye On, www.fastcompany.com
- How to Create and Manage a Social Media Schedule in 3 Easy Steps, blogs.constantcontact.com
- S.C.R.E.A.M: Social Content Rules Everything Around Me, www.aimclearblog.com
- Twitter Beyond 140: What It Could Mean for Brands, adage.com
- Which Brands Create the Most Contagious Content on Social?, www.adweek.com
- Young Mobile Users Drive UK Social Media Usage, www.emarketer.com
- BuzzFeed Video Titles Deep-Dive: Facebook Vs. YouTube, www.reelseo.com
- Female YouTube Stars Carry More Clout Than Mainstream Celebs, adage.com
- Video Accounted for 66% of Mobile Ad Budgets in Q3, www.adweek.com
- YouTube still has work to do winning over creators on new subscription service, digiday.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech