Marketing Day: Facebook’s Sharing Problem, Google On Machine Learning & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Does Facebook Have A Sharing Problem?
Nov 4, 2015 by Martin Beck
Global Web Index survey shows a steep year-over-year drop in people’s sharing activity on Facebook. The social network denies the trend but has been making more efforts to prompt conversation.
- Vanity Fair Napkins Urges Families To #TakeBackTheTable With Social Effort
Nov 4, 2015 by Pamela Parker
The Georgia-Pacific brand, with help from Deutsch, is behind a social and sponsored content campaign aimed at bringing families back to the dinner table.
- AdPushup Launches A/B Testing Solution For Google AdSense Publishers
Nov 4, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The new tool optimizes ad layouts to increase publisher ad revenue.
- How Machine Learning Works, As Explained By Google
Nov 4, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
Confused about how machines teach themselves? Here’s an overview on machine learning to help.
- Startup CabinetM Unveils Its Directory of Marketing Tools
Nov 4, 2015 by Barry Levine
Platform provides more than 3,500 descriptions of software products for marketers, with the aim of turning those profiles over to the vendors.
- Adapt, Adopt, Automate: Why Agencies Need Marketing Automation to Succeed
Nov 4, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
It’s clear in today’s market traditional media companies need to adapt to the digital environment to grow their market share. A major challenge for agencies is to be able to quickly and accurately identify which customers are ready to adopt a digital strategy while insuring their sales team a cost effective and efficient conversion.
- Use This Stupid-Simple Secret Ingredient to Boost Social Engagement
Nov 4, 2015 by Larry Kim
Contributor Larry Kim shares a simple tip for how to get your followers more interested and invested in your social efforts.
- Millennial Marketing: Getting Their Attention Through Intent
Nov 4, 2015 by Alex LePage
How do you capture the attention of the oh-so-coveted Millennial generation? Columnist Alex LePage says it’s all about using intent data to deliver customization and personalization.
- Attend MarTech, Where Marketing, Technology & Management Converge. Registration Open!
Nov 4, 2015 by Marketing Land
Marketing technology has experienced amazing growth this year on just about every metric imaginable — more new ventures, more acquisitions, more adoption, more investment, more technical advancement, more marketing technologists, more capability maturity inside marketing teams.
- Scholastic’s Top Marketer Is Driven To “Open A World Of Possible” For Children Everywhere
Nov 4, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Get To Know: Dani Nadel, Chief Marketing Officer for Scholastic Reading Club and eCommerce
- Engaging And Retaining Mobile Users: Why Data And Machine Learning Are Your Best Friends
Nov 4, 2015 by Josh Todd
With massive amounts of data at our fingertips, how do we make sense of it all? Columnist Josh Todd explains why the answer lies in advances in mobile and machine learning.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Search Is Testing Split-View Language Interface
- [Live Webcast] Why Agencies Need Marketing Automation to Succeed
- The Surprise Discovery Wayfair Made About Organic Rankings And Conversions
- The 5 Reasons Paid Search Will Be Second Behind Display Starting Next Year In The U.S.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Making It Easier to Partner and Earn with Affiliate, blog.cj.com
- How to measure your digital marketing efforts, blogs.constantcontact.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How Do You Compare to Serious Business Bloggers?, www.copyblogger.com
- CBS Nearly Sold Out of Super Bowl 50 Spots, adage.com
- Tesla Hires Google VP Of Finance Jason Wheeler As New CFO, techcrunch.com
- 4 Content Ideation Methods, www.koozai.com
- Content Marketing with Virtual Conferences: Pros, Cons, Examples and Best Practices, www.toprankblog.com
- How to Repurpose Your Content Correctly, www.marketingprofs.com
- The new normal: How native advertising’s changed in a year, digiday.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Digital Experiences That Drive Users Crazy, www.usertesting.com
- How To Design A Website With Emotional Impact, usabilitygeek.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- RTB House Digital Marketing Research Reveals how to Create a Great Banner, www.prnewswire.com
- .apple goes live, domainincite.com
- How To Name A Startup: The S.M.A.R.T. Checklist, inbound.org
- Sony uses .Sony domain name instead of .Com for microsite, domainnamewire.com
- 3 Ways Black Friday and Christmas Promotions Benefit from an Online Marketplace, multichannelmerchant.com
- Etsy Meets Expectations In Q3, Stock Drops 8% After Hours, techcrunch.com
- Groupon appoints Rich Williams CEO, www.reuters.com
- How to Make Buying Easier on Your Site, conversionxl.com
- How to Set Up a Facebook Store for Holiday Shoppers, smallbiztrends.com
- Report: Jet Lands $500 Million In Funding From Fidelity, techcrunch.com
- Retailers Struggle Getting E-Commerce Goods to Customers, Study Says, www.wsj.com
- This E-Retailer Is Using Copy From Mobile Video for Its Holidays Product Boxes, www.adweek.com
- How to Sidestep the Spam Folder in Your Email Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- What The Queen Can Teach You About Email Marketing, blog.crazyegg.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Things That Can Make Nonprofit Marketers More Effective, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Clone-Worthy Digital Marketers: aimClear’s Pink Sheep Awards, www.aimclearblog.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- GoDaddy Appoints TBWA Global Marketing Agency-Of-Record, www.prnewswire.com
- Proofpoint Acquires Socialware, www.proofpoint.com
- Relationships Between Marketers and IT Take Effort, www.emarketer.com
- The New Lawmen Of Ad Tech, adexchanger.com
- Three Ways to Maximize Your Marketing Technology Investment, www.marketingprofs.com
- Insider tips to capture mobile dollars this holiday season, www.retaildive.com
- Microsoft Readies Its Cortana For iOS Beta, Promises Invites In “Weeks”, techcrunch.com
- Native apps for retail: 10 reasons it’s now or never, econsultancy.com
- Responsive design and the future of mobile commerce, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The US Senate Speaks Out to Protect Online Reviews, officialblog.yelp.com
- U.S. Mothers Depend on Smartphones Throughout Shopping Process, www.emarketer.com
- Why Does Your Business Need a Mobile App?, smallbiztrends.com
- Why We’re Addicted To Our Smartphones, But Not Our Tablets, www.smashingmagazine.com
- How to Fight Back Against Negative Customer Ratings and Reviews, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Reputation Management a Process, not a Reaction, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 3 Tips To Maximize Your Facebook Ad Images, www.ppchero.com
- 5 Critical Pieces of Social Marketing Advice, simplymeasured.com
- 6 Instagram Testing Strategies for Social Marketers, simplymeasured.com
- 7 Do’s and Don’ts for Using Hashtags, www.adweek.com
- 7 Insights for Social Media Success from Industry Experts, www.jeffbullas.com
- Facebook Advertising Gifts for Q4: New Features to Boost Revenue, 3qdigital.com
- How to Create Facebook Ads With Emails: 5 Creative Ideas, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How To Improve Your Social Media Marketing Use, heidicohen.com
- How to See Which Social Media Platforms Are Sending You the Most Traffic, blog.kissmetrics.com
- SMBs in England Tap Social Media to Promote Products, www.emarketer.com
- Three things that Lead Ads tell us about the future of Facebook advertising, econsultancy.com
- Why an Instagram Model With 800,000 Followers Is Quitting Social Media, www.adweek.com
- The State of Digital Video Advertising, www.marketingprofs.com
- Video Advertisers: Your Target Audience is Now on Mobile, www.reelseo.com
- YouTube Best Practices – Five You Can Do Today, www.portent.com