Marketing Day: Facebook’s Immersive Mobile Ads, AOL Buys Millennial Media & Native Gmail Ads
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- The Marketing Land App Now Live For iOS & Android
Download the new Marketing Land app, plus the Search Engine Land sister app for iOS and Android devices now.
- First Look: Facebook Starts Testing Immersive Mobile Ads
Gatorade, Mr Porter, Michael Kors and Carrefour are trying out the new format, which enables the creation of full-screen interactive experiences within the Facebook mobile app.
- Data-Driven ROI & Avoiding the Creep Factor – September 10 Webcast
How data can help strengthen customer relations without crossing the personal privacy line.
- Google Launches Stand-Alone Street View App For iOS And Android
Google’s Street View has been somewhat challenged in the transition to a mobile-centric world. It’s available through the Google Maps and Google Earth apps, but it hasn’t really been well showcased on the small screen — until today’s launch of the stand-alone Street View app for Android and iOS.
- October’s The New December For Mobile Marketers
As more shoppers complete their holiday shopping by October, columnist Anthony Bursi says it’s critical for mobile marketers to get their holiday strategy in place.
- AOL Buys Mobile Marketer Millennial Media For Roughly $240 Million
This morning, AOL announced that it was buying mobile ad platform Millennial Media for roughly $240 million. A deal had been rumored for the past couple of months as Millennial has struggled as a public company.
- Consumer First: What It Means And Why It Matters
If you want your brand to truly succeed, it’s time to put the customer first. Columnist Scott Rayden discusses how you can step up your consumer experience strategy.
- 6 Conversion Principles You Can Learn From The Mere-Exposure Effect
Columnist Jeremy Smith explains why increasing your exposure leads to familiarity, which results in a big improvement in conversion optimization.
- Cookie “Black Friday” Instagram Users With Facebook Custom Audiences
In this week’s edition of aimClear’s Psychographic Targeting Hot House, Rachel Malone-Olson, Social Account Manager, delivers Black Friday cookie pools wrapped and ready for promotion.
- FTC Settles With Gaming Network Accused Of Failing To Disclose Paid Endorsements
US agency fires another warning shot against lack of social media disclosures by settling complaint that Machinima paid gamers up to $30,000 to upload video endorsements of the Microsoft Xbox One console.
- Expandable Native Gmail Ads Now Available To All In AdWords
Google has announced the roll out of native Gmail ads to all AdWords advertisers. The ads, which appear at the top of the Promotions tab in personal Gmail inboxes, have been in beta since 2013 and formerly referred to as Gmail sponsored promotions ads.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google To Double The Number Of Health Conditions In Search Results
- The 8 Most Common But Simple Missed Opportunities In Optimizing Content
- Competitive Link Building Analysis For Your Industry
- A Step-By-Step Guide To Query-Level Bidding In Google Shopping
- New Interactions Reporting In AdWords Follow On Video Campaigns Integration
- Google Maps “Explore” Adds Curated Recommendations, New Features
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- IBM, ARM Team on IoT Analytics, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Your blog is boring. Upgrade to a hub, www.portent.com
- Is Your Blog A Bore? – 5 Ways to Make Your Blog More Visually Interesting, www.blogherald.com
- Why You Should Blog Before Breakfast, www.jeffbullas.com
- Facebook’s Prineville Data Center Getting Third Building, www.adweek.com
- U.S. judge approves $415M settlement in tech worker lawsuit, www.reuters.com
- Data-Driven Content Strategy Meets Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Distinction Between Story and Narrative: Power and Purpose, www.conversationagent.com
- How to fix the $50bn problem in B2B content marketing, econsultancy.com
- 5 Analytical Tools to Leverage Your Website, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The Challenge of Running Concurrent A/B Tests, blog.returnpath.com
- Win More Conversions by Building Trust on Social Media, unbounce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How to Win Friends and Influence People with User-Centered Copywriting, www.usertesting.com
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Ontology, uxmag.com
- Be Cautious of “Common” Words That are Trademarks, www.domaininvesting.com
- GoDaddy Ranks No. 1 In .IN Domain Name Market Share, www.thedomains.com
- 3 eCommerce Marketing Automation Systems Compared, www.goinflow.com
- Amazon beats two big online competitors on back-to-school prices, www.internetretailer.com
- Buyable buttons shift the ad model: What retailers should do now, www.internetretailer.com
- eBay at 20 and the difficulty of building a market, domainnamewire.com
- GoDaddy Expands Small Business eCommerce Options, smallbiztrends.com
- The Ashley Madison debacle: lessons for online businesses, www.internetretailer.com
- 9 Steps to Better Welcome Emails, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How to Choose a Solid Email Service and Build Your List on a Firm Foundation, www.copyblogger.com
- How to Get Your Emails Opened and Read, pushingsocial.com
- Make Your Yahoo Mail Signature More Interesting with a Tweet, yahoomail.tumblr.com
- Plan Cyber Monday 2015 Email Now, www.practicalecommerce.com
General Internet Marketing
- Anti-Flash movement could boost native ads more than HTML5 in short-term, www.mobilemarketer.com
- CMOs Are Spending on Content across the Buying Cycle, adage.com
- If college football teams were marketing strategies, myemma.com
- Influencer Marketing: Should You Pursue High Profile or Socially Authoritative Brand Advocates?, www.toprankblog.com
- Only 14% of marketers integrate campaigns across all channels, econsultancy.com
- Six case studies proving the effectiveness of multichannel marketing, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- GoodData Names Blaine Mathieu as Chief Marketing Officer, www.gooddata.com
- Pinterest Selects Unified As A Marketing Developer Partner, www.unifiedsocial.com
- Webs Announces Pagemodo Social Ads, www.prweb.com
- Estimote Creates An Indoor Location System Using Beacons And “Nearables”, TechCrunch
- Mastering Mobile App Engagement Ads, blog.adstage.io
- Millennials weigh in: Which app would you delete first from your phone?, digiday.com
- Mobile Web 1.0: Party Like It’s 1999 Brainstorming, www.distilled.net
- New Study: Data Reveals 67% of Consumers are Influenced by Online Reviews, moz.com
- Skype redesigns its Android and iOS apps with easier navigation, enhanced search, and better multi-tasking, venturebeat.com
- The Big Deal About a Little Mobile ‘Buy’ Button, www.marketingprofs.com
- There’s an App for That! Does Your Business Need a Mobile App?, blog.marketo.com
- Wearables May Yield A Flood Of “Emotional” Data, adexchanger.com
- Inside Facebook’s plan to build a better school, www.theverge.com
- Instagram Ad Rollout Will Make It the Top Media Buy: New Research, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Mind Your Manners on Social Networks, www.cmswire.com
- Pinterest Brings On A New Head Of Its Advertising Partner APIs, techcrunch.com
- Twitter Restructures Product Team, Promotes Jeff Seibert, recode.net
- Why Influencers Are Creating Content on Snapchat, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Best Branded Videos on Vines & Instagram, www.reelseo.com
- Clips Offers Easy Video Editing On Your iPhone, techcrunch.com
- Instagram video ads called ‘highly efficient’ at 2 cents a view, digiday.com
- Watchable: This Is What Comcast’s YouTube Competitor Looks Like, variety.com