Marketing Day: Facebook’s branded content changes, email marketing tips & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook rolling out new mobile search filters on iOS
Apr 8, 2016 by Matt McGee
Separate from this week’s live video news, Facebook’s iOS app is now giving users several filters to get more precise search results.
- What they don’t tell you about SEO
Apr 8, 2016 by Matthew Barby
Even today, many business owners still believe that SEO is easy: just create some high-quality, optimized content, then sit back and wait for all the traffic. But there’s more to it than than, and columnist Matthew Barby explains what you should REALLY expect from an SEO campaign.
- Taboola will now be packaged with Disqus
Apr 8, 2016 by Barry Levine
The content discovery platform can expand beyond its thousands of publisher sites to the millions serviced by the commenting platform.
- Facebook drops branded content restrictions for publishers
Apr 8, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook is letting publishers and other verified pages distribute branded content for free, but it’s unclear whether its labeling system is FTC-compliant.
- Deliver more value to the inbox: 4 dos and don’ts
Apr 8, 2016 by Cynthia Price
Email is digital marketing’s tried and true workhorse. But that doesn’t mean you can keep doing what you’ve always done. Contributor Cynthia Price shares tips for engaging consumers with email in the current environment.
- Brick-and-mortar revitalizing omnichannel success
Apr 8, 2016 by Allan Haims
Providing your customers with what they want, when they want it, sometimes means going offline. But contributor Allan Haims says it’s not just about bricks and mortar; it’s about having a consistent omnichannel presence.
- Publishers, embrace the rise of real-time social storytelling
Apr 8, 2016 by Jordan Kretchmer
If you’re publishing online, you may fear the crazed feed frenzy of social media. Columnist Jordan Kretchmer urges you to benefit from the change and lays out four ways to do just that.
- Startup BetterBrand unveils its marketing platform for chat apps
Apr 8, 2016 by Barry Levine
London-based company offers an editor for a predefined, keyword-responsive chat conversation that can be deployed across supported apps.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Search in Pics: Googler in trunk mask, cafe menu in HTML & Cardboard business cards
- Visual analysis of AdWords data: a primer
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to Create a Marketing Measurement Playbook to Select and Measure the Right Metrics, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Kick-Start Your Company’s Analytics Culture, www.cmswire.com
- Three Big Digital Analytics Mistakes That Marketers Make, www.marketingprofs.com
Blogs & Blogging
- WordPress Plays a Key Role in Improving Reviews and Ratings, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- U.S. to Keep Pushing Apple to Unlock iPhone in New York Case, Wall Street Journal
- Yahoo Gives Bidders Another Week, Moving Deadline to April 18, recode.net
- 7 Smart Ways for Content Marketers to Beat Writer’s Block, contently.com
- Publishers Are Largely Not Following the FTC’s Native Ad Guidelines, www.adweek.com
- 11 Easy Ways to Reduce Your Bounce Rate, www.wordstream.com
- The New Customer Journey: Understanding and Engaging With Your Social-Savvy Customers, www.adweek.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- The Art of Persuasion: How to Craft Words That Sell, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Website Personalization: Small Changes With Big Impact, www.cmswire.com
- ICANN to Ted Cruz: the internet is global, so shove it, domainnamewire.com
- 7 keys to e-commerce success, www.internetretailer.com
- Amazon names Jeff Wilke CEO of its Worldwide Consumer business, www.internetretailer.com
- Groupon Gets a Makeover, Improves Mobile, smallbiztrends.com
- Retailers Capture the Power of the Checkout Moment, multichannelmerchant.com
- Top Converting Ecommerce Businesses And How They Do It, smallbiztrends.com
- 5 Email Automation Campaigns That Can Drive Revenue While You Sleep!, blog.crazyegg.com
- Email Scammers Aren’t Just Targeting Consumers Anymore – They’re Going After Your Business, www.adweek.com
- How to Set Email Marketing Benchmarks, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Planning Your Email Program? Here’s a Step-by-Step Process for Success, thedma.org
General Internet Marketing
- Study: Why B2B Marketers Waste 19% of Their Budgets, contently.com
- The Future of Mobile Advertising is Native, www.facebook.com
- The Right Questions to Ask About Location Data Accuracy, www.emarketer.com
- How to Grow, Manage Customer Reviews, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How to Growth Hack Your Personal Brand, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 5 Things Marketers Want to See in Pinterest’s Data-Heavy Advertising Business, www.adweek.com
- Facebook will announce chatbot and live chat APIs at F8, techcrunch.com
- Growing a Business on Instagram: Wool and the Gang, blog.business.instagram.com
- How to Make Facebook Friends and Influence People (with Ads), www.portent.com
- LinkedIn Partners with Lever to Enhance Recruitment Experience, www.martechadvisor.com
- NEW Pinterest Targeting Reveal (Major) #Shopping Intent, www.aimclearblog.com
- On Social Media, The Summer Olympics Have Already Begun, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat 2.0 creates new marketing opportunities while requiring extra diligence, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Twitter appoints Hugh Johnston and Martha Lane Fox to its board, www.reuters.com
- Uh-oh, some publishers see a drop in Facebook traffic, digiday.com
- What is WeChat? A guide for brands and publishers, digiday.com
- How Periscope Won Over Major League Baseball, www.Buzzfeed.com
- 7 Best Practices for Facebook Live, www.adweek.com
- Business Insider joins 1 billion monthly Facebook video views club, digiday.com
- Why 2016 Will Be the Year of Video Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com