Marketing Day: Facebook Video Tips, Interview With DHL’s Top Marketer & IBM’s Watson
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Amy Gesenhues on December 11, 2015 at 4:00 pm | Reading time: 6 minutes
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- What Every Marketer Should Know about Social Audience Engagement
Dec 11, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Using psychographics and social behavior data, marketers can now go beyond demographic targeting to create completely custom audiences. We can understand what consumers love, what they want, and even what they are going to do next.
- MarTech Conference Is March 21–22. See the Sessions & Speakers.
Dec 11, 2015 by Marketing Land
MarTech returns to the San Francisco Hilton in March. Check out the infographic below for what’s in store, who’s speaking and who should attend. Then register before January 10 and save $500 on your ticket to the only MarTech in North America this year.
- Facebook Gives Page Owners Tips To Improve Their Video Production
Dec 11, 2015 by Martin Beck
Facebook, which attracts more than 8 billion video views daily, reminds Page admins about tools to help them improve the chances that their videos will get a share of that viewership.
- RLSA Vs. Customer Match In AdWords: Similar But Different
Dec 11, 2015 by Andy Taylor
How does AdWords’ new Customer Match product compare to Remarketing Lists for Search Ads (RLSA)? Columnist Andy Taylor explores.
- 3 Brands That Dominated Cyber Monday And What They Can Teach Us About Consumer Engagement
Dec 11, 2015 by Jordan Kretchmer
Lego, DJI and GoPro are tapping into the power of creating communities. Columnist Jordan Kretchmer discusses what they’re doing right and how you can take a page from their marketing playbooks.
- Marketing Land Quiz: Do You Know 2015’s Top Facebook Topic, Tweet Or YouTube Ad?
Dec 11, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Test your industry knowledge by answering these five questions pulled from this week’s headlines.
- Google Adds Forecasting Data In AdWords Display Planner
Dec 11, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
See estimates for clicks and impressions based on budget and bid inputs.
- Are You And Your Customers Speaking The Same Language? Does It Matter?
Dec 11, 2015 by Rachel Lindteigen
Should you call a pullover a “sweater” or a “jumper?” It depends on your strategy. Just make sure you’re speaking the same language as your potential customers, advises columnist Rachel Lindteigen.
- A CMO’s View: DHL’s Focus On Its Customer Drives The Brand’s Marketing Strategy
Dec 11, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
As the Chief Customer Officer, Christine Nashick oversees DHL’s marketing, customer service and customer experience teams.
- No Conversions Set? No Problem. AdWords Debuts Automated Smart Goals
Dec 11, 2015 by Greg Finn
New “Smart Goals” within Google Analytics will now allow AdWords advertisers to target automated conversions based on user data.
- IBM’s Watson Is Now In the Marketing And Ecommerce Business
Dec 10, 2015 by Barry Levine
With the launch last month of its Trends app and the recent release of Commerce Insights, the legendary computer system has branched out to yet another industry.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Yahoo Search App For iPhone Gets A Bit More “Now” With Personalized Content
- The Only Way To Be Successful At SEO: Take A Holistic Approach
- Grabbing Those Last-Minute Holiday Sales
- Search In Pics: Google Menorah & Christmas Lights, Google Merchant Store & Stan With Heart Glasses
- MindMeld Launches Voice Assistant 2.0, Says Voice Search Growing Dramatically
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Data-lovers, Critical thinkers, and Librarians: How we built our digital analytics team, www.seerinteractive.com
- Eight tips for getting corporate buy-in for data analytics, econsultancy.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Give Your Blog Design a Spring Clean, www.problogger.net
- Strategize for a 700-Day Blog Post Shelf Life, www.marketingprofs.com
- Adobe Profit Tops Expectations on Revenue Growth, www.wsj.com
- As Its CMO Departs, Walmart Turns to Former Target Marketer, www.adweek.com
- Medium is now hosting publisher sites, starting with The Awl’s Billfold, digiday.com
- Sprint Names Roger Sol CMO, adage.com
- Yahoo Loses Ad Product Chief Prashant Fuloria, recode.net
- 3 Adaptive Content Resources for Advanced Marketers, www.copyblogger.com
- 7 Tips That Will Boost Your Content, contently.com
- Content marketing trends in 2016, econsultancy.com
- How Agencies Can Use Branded Content Marketing to Stand Out from the Crowd, unbounce.com
- How to Build Your Content Empire Using Podcasts, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Using Quizzes to Increase Your Lead Database, blog.marketo.com
- 2016 Web Design Trends to Boost Conversions, www.usertesting.com
- 3 New UX and CRO Features that Scream Innovation, ignitevisibility.com
- Answers to Common Questions About New Domain Name Endings, googleandyourbusiness.blogspot.com
- It was just a bug: .Com shortcut is back in iOS 9.2, domainnamewire.com
- Amazon.com is seeing a surge in buyers from China, qz.com
- By 2016, 25 Percent of eCommerce Sales Could Be Mobile, smallbiztrends.com
- How a UK Ecommerce Company Partnered With Shopify to Expand Internationally, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Marketplace sellers fare well on Amazon in November, and even better on other shopping portals, www.internetretailer.com
- The 100 most innovative e-retailers, www.internetretailer.com
- The Mobile Ecommerce Boom, contently.com
- 5 Ways To Avoid A Massive Email Misunderstanding, www.fastcompany.com
- Manage Your Gmail Right From Yahoo Mail, yahoo.tumblr.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Holiday Campaign Tips to Keep You Off the Naughty List, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 5 Pieces of Terrible Marketing Advice You Shouldn’t Follow, blog.crazyegg.com
- Everything Brands Need to Know About Podcasts (but Were Afraid to Ask), contently.com
- Get Smart About Personalized Marketing, www.cmswire.com
- 6 Simple Steps To Start To Benefit From Marketing Automation, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 3 ways fashion brands are infiltrating our favorite apps, digiday.com
- 6 Last-Minute Tips for Mobile Marketers Ahead of the Holiday Shopping Rush, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Google Wallet Will Now Let You Send Money To Anyone With A Phone Number Via SMS (US Only), www.androidpolice.com
- Many Marketing, IT Execs Don’t Have a Mobile-First Strategy, www.emarketer.com
- The Rise of Mobile Ad Spend, in 6 Charts, contently.com
- Top 10 mobile coupon-enabled campaigns of 2015, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Tumblr for iOS now supports sharing Live Photos & 3D Touch, 9to5mac.com
- A Brand by Any Other Name: The Importance of Brand Consistency, www.searchinfluence.com
- B2C Social Media Use That May Surprise You, heidicohen.com
- Do You Really Need Social Media?, pushingsocial.com
- Expert Talks Social Media Ideas for 2016, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Facebook Moving Photo Syncing to Moments App Jan. 10, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Says Its New AI Research Computers Are Twice As Powerful As Anything Before, www.fastcompany.com
- How Advertising on Facebook can Make Paid Search More Effective, www.facebook.com
- Shave Cost Per Conversion with Facebook’s Breakout Metrics, blog.adstage.io
- Who Needs Community Managers When There’s Facebook at Work?, www.cmswire.com
- YouTube Rebel Helps Launch Branded Content on Reddit, adage.com
- Always Be Tracking; Don’t Discount Streaming Video Services, adexchanger.com
- Brands and publishers need to reorient for vertical video, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- IBM’s Stealth Big Data Video Play, www.cmswire.com
- In France, Users Respond Best to Digital Video Ads While Commuting, www.emarketer.com
- YouTube Gaming For Android Gets A “Cardboard Mode” For More Immersive Viewing, techcrunch.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech