Marketing Day: Facebook usage report, Amazon Shopping campaigns & Google political ads
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Amy Gesenhues on May 7, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Survey: 74% still use Facebook daily, but 44% recently changed privacy settings
May 7, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Roughly 50 percent believe they have “some control” over who gets to see their data on Facebook.
- Act now! SMX Advanced Early Bird rates end Saturday night
May 7, 2018 by Marketing Land
Skip the basics and dive into the deep end of search marketing. Attend Search Engine Land’s SMX® Advanced June 11-13 in Seattle. More than 79% of available passes have already been sold and Early Bird rates expire this Saturday night. Book now to secure your seat and get a great deal!
- Has Amazon ended its Google Shopping campaigns?
May 7, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Reports from digital marketing firm Merkle show Amazon’s Shopping campaigns slowed after end of Q1, stopped abruptly April 28.
- Ask the SMXpert: Google manual penalties explained
May 7, 2018 by Debra Mastaler
Have you ever gotten a manual penalty from Google? It’s no fun. Contributor and SMXpert Kaspar Szymanski shares answers and insights on how to avoid getting another ‘love note’ in the future.
- Google rolls out new ID requirements for US political ads
May 7, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
Due to increased scrutiny of how these ads affect users and voters, company says more transparency intiatives are to come.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Don’t sacrifice marketing fundamentals for the sake of being first
May 7, 2018 by Evan Magliocca
Cutting-edge marketing technology has its place, but contributor Evan Magliocca says retailers mustn’t misalign their priorities.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Cambridge Analytica kept Facebook data models through US election, The Guardian
- 20 Amazing Instagram Statistics Small Business Owners MUST See, Small Business Trends
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for June 2018, Practical Ecommerce
- 6 Ways to Provide Customer Value in Your Emails, Movable Ink
- Build TV and Facebook Campaigns that Work Better Together, Facebook Business
- How Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is rethinking Windows, The Verge
- How to Develop a Successful Brand Ambassador Program, Multichannel Merchant
- Inbound vs Outbound Marketing: Definitions, Differences and Winning Strategies, CMS Wire
- Instagram code reveals upcoming music feature, TechCrunch
- Snapchat dating show makes the leap to traditional TV, Financial Times