Marketing Day: Facebook Tweaks News Feed, The Customer Experience & The Next MarTech Wave
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook Tweaks News Feed To Serve Only The Best Viral Stories
Dec 4, 2015 by Martin Beck
Update will push down viral stories that people don’t want to see, based on surveys of “tens of thousands” of people a day.
- Here’s Why Site Search Is Not Just A Smaller Google Search
Dec 4, 2015 by Barry Levine
They’re “totally different universes,” says the CEO of site search provider Swiftype.
- Are Paid & Organic Search Distinct Channels? Not So Fast.
Dec 4, 2015 by Andrew Goodman
Search marketing channels are often both data-driven and siloed, but contributor Andrew Goodman notes that clients don’t necessarily see it that way. To improve performance, he says, we must understand the greater picture.
- 5 Major Differences Between Google Map Maker & Google My Business Guidelines
Dec 4, 2015 by Joy Hawkins
Columnist and local search expert Joy Hawkins outlines some differences between two of Google’s local/maps services, discussing which might come in handy based on your situation.
- Marketing Land Quiz – December 4: Do You Know What Happened In Digital Marketing This Week?
Dec 4, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Test your industry knowledge by answering these five questions pulled from this week’s headlines.
- The Customer Experience Is Key For B2B Success
Dec 4, 2015 by Loretta Jones
It’s no secret that delivering a great customer experience is crucial for B2C companies. Columnist Loretta Jones explains why B2B brands need to hop on board and learn how to put the consumer first.
- What’s The Big Idea: The 3 Fundamentals Of Successful Digital Creative
Dec 4, 2015 by Peter Minnium
Looking to come up with the next “big idea” for your brand? Columnist Peter Minnium reveals some key components of effective creative ideas.
- MarTech Landscape: What Is Marketing Automation Software?
Dec 4, 2015 by Claire Schoen
Marketing automation software can improve marketing productivity and increase lead quality. Here’s what you need to know before adopting a marketing automation platform.
- Is The Next Marketing Technology Wave All About Better Creative?
Dec 4, 2015 by Erika Trautman
As new content technologies transform the digital marketing landscape, columnist Erika Trautman believes marketers need to hop on board and evolve.
- Why Twitter Trends Couldn’t Spell San Bernardino Correctly
Dec 3, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
#SanBernadino was the hashtag that trended on Twitter, even though #SanBernardino was the correct spelling. How this happened & how Twitter Trends might improve.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google To Update Shopping Policy Center In February 2016
- New Google Home Services Ad Format Puts Lead Qualifiers Up Front
- 5 Things New Advertisers Need to Know About Google AdWords Campaign Settings
- SEO So Simple A Child Can Do It: In 5 Easy Steps
- Yahoo Is Testing Giant Brand Video Ads In Search Results
- Search In Pics: Google Panda Nativity Scene, Bearded Matt Cutts & Stolen Google Bike
- The SEO Advent Calendar: 24 Tips For Local SEO Success
- Google Posts That Local Results Are Influenced By Clicks, Then Deletes That
- Google Local One Box Details Removed From Web Search Listings
- Understanding Social Media ROI
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Ways to Engage Affiliates for Final Holiday Sales, www.practicalecommerce.com
- A New Currency To Measure Audience Quality, adexchanger.com
- Jared Feldman of Canvs Fast Forwards Social Sentiment Analytics, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Ways to Prepare Your Holiday Blogging Schedule, www.problogger.net
- EFF’s free HTTPS tool ‘Let’s Encrypt’ enters public beta, thenextweb.com
- Zuckerberg Responds To Critics, Explains How He’s Spending $45B, techcrunch.com
- 3 (Easy) Ways to Truly Surprise Your Audience, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 3 Resources to Help You Become a Master Content Marketing Storyteller, www.copyblogger.com
- Design Thinking Is the Next Content Marketing Frontier, adage.com
- How to Cut Through the Clutter With Your Holiday Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Sharing Compelling Curated Content, www.compukol.com
- When Humor Converts (and When It Doesn’t), conversionxl.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- 17 Free Photoshop Templates for Google Display Ads, blog.adstage.io
- China to enforce Real Name Verification on .Com Domain Names, domainnamewire.com
- ICANN security advisor predicts hundreds of new gTLDs will go dark, domainincite.com
- Picking A Google Review URL, blumenthals.com
- Why some retailers suspend online order fulfillment from stores, www.internetretailer.com
- 10 Design Principles That Will Increase Your Email Newsletter Conversions, blog.crazyegg.com
- 4 Ways to Make Customers Crave Your Emails, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Email Marketing Trends in 2016, blog.movableink.com
- Email subject line pattern archive, www.emailmonday.com
- Top Tips to Boost Your Email List Subscribers Today, www.problogger.net
- When Did Retailers Send Their Cyber Monday Emails This Year?, www.marketingprofs.com
General Internet Marketing
- Four Mistakes That Can Kill Your Brand Campaigns, www.marketingprofs.com
- Relationship Marketing 101: Nurturing Your Contacts, www.silverpop.com
- Six Black Friday trends we learned from performance marketing in 2015, econsultancy.com
- The Future of Digital Marketing, www.stonetemple.com
- 6 Mobile Commerce Strategies to Drive More Holiday Season Sales, www.adweek.com
- Five tips for successful mobile advertising in 2016, econsultancy.com
- Here are the Big Three in wearables: Fitbit, Apple, and Xiaomi, qz.com
- Mobile Web vs Mobile Apps: Where Should You Invest Your Marketing?, moz.com
- Restaurant Increases Visit Frequency with Mobile Ordering Option, streetfightmag.com
- Top trends across 2015’s award-winning mobile campaigns, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Why Amazon, not Starbucks, could dominate mobile delivery in 2016, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Worldwide Smartphone Market Will See the First Single-Digit Growth Year on Record, According to IDC, www.idc.com
- Your Apps Are Hanging With Bad Actors, www.cmswire.com
- Advertising on Instagram, blog.business.instagram.com
- Are You Wasting Money on Twitter Ads?, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Instagram Tests Multiple Account Feature, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Missing Facebook Pages: What to Do When Facebook Takes Your Page Away, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How a small diamond dealer got 6 million Vine loops in one year, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- The luxury brands that win on social media, digiday.com
- The Top 5 Facebook Holiday Content Ideas, www.adweek.com
- Twitter is swapping the notifications bell with the Moments lightning bolt on mobile, digiday.com
- Twitter wants to trademark the word ‘subtweet’, digiday.com
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Youtube Organic Reach, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Adobe And Videology Tackle Streaming Video Sales Hurdles, adexchanger.com
- Brands, Platforms, The Live Video Labyrinth And How Everyone Can Win, techcrunch.com
- Food Videos on YouTube: Cooking, Recipes, and More, www.reelseo.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.