Marketing Day: Facebook Search Updates, Instagram’s Boomerang & Why You Need A Data Scientist
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Transform Your Searches into Sales — No Tricks, Just Treats
Oct 22, 2015 by Marketing Land
Just in time for Halloween! Kick-off the holiday shopping season with this October 27 webcast.
- 500 Startups At MarTech: 10 Tools You Need For Your Marketing Stack
Oct 22, 2015 by Ian Cleary
At the MarTech conference in London, contributor Ian Cleary recaps a talk by Matt Lerner of 500 Startups, who reveals the top tools used by his team of marketing growth hackers.
- A Real-Time Challenge: Facebook Search Now Pulls In All 2 Trillion Posts
Oct 22, 2015 by Martin Beck
Facebook search now returns results from all posts you have access to and better organizes results around real-time events.
- Instagram Launches Boomerang, A Standalone App For 1-Second Looping Video
Oct 22, 2015 by Martin Beck
App creates GIF-like videos for playful posting.
- Why Every Marketing Department Needs A Data Scientist
Oct 22, 2015 by Benjamin Spiegel
As innovative technologies transform marketing, don’t let your company get left behind. Columnist Benjamin Spiegel explains why data scientists are a critical component of every marketing team.
- Toys R Us Unboxes “Awwwesome” Toy Story-Style Christmas Ads In October
Oct 22, 2015 by Pamela Parker
The giant toy retailer, along with BBDO Worldwide, will advertise early, often and omnichannel to stay top of mind with holiday shoppers.
- What CMOs Need to Know About Google’s AMP Project
Oct 22, 2015 by Bryson Meunier
How does Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages Project impact marketers? Columnist Bryson Meunier delves into what CMOs need to know about the new initiative.
- TapInfluence Rewires Its Influencer Network To Boost Existing Content
Oct 22, 2015 by Barry Levine
Company sees its new TapFire service as the “first influencer distribution channel” and as a competitor to content recommenders Outbrain and Taboola.
- What Apple’s iOS 9 Means To Marketers (Hint: Search And UX In Particular)
Oct 22, 2015 by Aaron Strout
How does Apple’s latest iteration of its mobile operating system affect marketers? Columnist Aaron Strout gains some insights from a UX guru and a specialist in SEO and Web analytics.
- Facebook Report: Carousel Ads Grew 55% In Q3, Advertiser Budgets Were Up 16% Over Previous Quarter
Oct 22, 2015 by Greg Finn
Study sees 18 percent increase YoY in mobile spends globally.
- RevJet Launches Its Creative Side Platform So Ads Can Fight For Their Survival
Oct 22, 2015 by Barry Levine
Ad tech startup contends its automated winnowing of the best-performing ads can double or triple conversions.
- [Secret Revealed] Unearth Lost Facebook Targeting | Psychographic Hot House
Oct 22, 2015 by Sponsored Content: aimClear
In recent iterations of Facebook’s targeting tool, precise interests and long-tail “keywords” have become more and more elusive, replaced by behaviors (third-party targeting) and categories, which at times can be ambiguous or (WAY) too broad.
- Facebook Is Testing Topic-Based Feeds
Oct 21, 2015 by Martin Beck
Experiment gives people the ability to pull up streams of posts in sports, food, health & fitness and animals & pets categories.
- Twitter Publish: Twitter’s New Tool For Embedding Tweets
Oct 21, 2015 by Martin Beck
Twitter opens access to some of the publishing tools it’s using internally for Moments, including an immersive display for Web embeds.
- 2015 Video Industry Recap: How It’s Growing, Where Budgets Are Going & Top Adopters By Industry
Oct 21, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Video reports from AOL, Demand Metrics and Web design search engine Crayon all point to a bright future for the video marketing industry.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Facebook Adds Public Posts To Search, More Frequent Updates May Be Coming
- Apple’s iOS 9: What Are The Implications For Search Marketers?
- 3 (Simple) Reasons Why E-Commerce Websites Need SEO
- The Power & Importance Of A Search History Analysis For SEO Recovery
- Shopping Campaign Click And Ad Spend Growth Far Outpaced Text Ads Across Engines In Q3 [Study]
- 5 Questions To Select The Right Structure For Your International Websites
- Google Update Their Ranking Algorithms? Some Webmasters Believe So
- Piracy Groups Want Google To Remove The Whole Site After Valid DMCA Filings
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Data, Analytics Integral To Handling Disruption Concerns, www.emarketer.com
- Marketing Metrics – They Will Make You or Break You, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- The Power of Proactive Marketing, blog.marketo.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Easy Ways to Get Winning Blog Ideas Going, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Is Blogging for Career Development Effective?, www.blogherald.com
- Why bother having a blog?, 90digital.com
- Airbnb Apologizes For Passive Aggressive Ads, www.sfweekly.com
- Dropbox and Slack CEOs on Their Unique Approaches to Getting Users, www.wsj.com
- Mossberg: The Steve Jobs I Knew Isn’t in This Movie, recode.net
- Twitter acquires fastlane, www.businessinsider.com
- With 120+ News Publishers Signed On, Google Opens Applications For $170M DNI Innovation Fund, TechCrunch
- Jack Dorsey’s New Boss Finds Twitter Intimidating to Use, Wall Street Journal
- 4 Simple Ways To Apply Storytelling To Marketing, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 5 Misconceptions In B2B Content Marketing Development, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Content Marketing: A Truly Winning Difference, www.copyblogger.com
- Content Reuse: Behind the Scenes With CMI, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How the BBC uses an audience-led online content strategy, econsultancy.com
- How To Create a Successful Content Marketing Strategy, www.koozai.com
- The 5 Stages and Time-frames of Content Marketing Success, www.thesaleslion.com
- The Relevance of Curating Content, www.compukol.com
- Your Single Biggest Content Marketing Mistake, www.verticalmeasures.com
- 13 Considerations for Creating Successful Landing Pages, www.toprankblog.com
- Don’t Do A/B Testing [Rant], conversionxl.com
- How To Increase Your Conversion Rates, www.wpexplorer.com
- Increase conversion by removing friction in mobile user experience design, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- When Should You Stop an A/B Test?, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 31 questions to ask your new copywriting client, seocopywriting.com
- How Ad Design Affects Ad Blocking, adage.com
- UX And Stock Photos: An Interview With A Curator, usabilitygeek.com
- Why Great Content Design Drives More Traffic, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Go Daddy veep loses ICANN election to “none of the above”, domainincite.com
- How to not lose your shirt investing in domain names for China, domainnamewire.com
- 3 Holiday KPIs for Your Ecommerce Store, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Amazon Brings Its One-Hour Delivery Service, Prime Now, To The San Francisco Bay Area, techcrunch.com
- EBay’s profit beat shows there’s life after PayPal, www.reuters.com
- Forget Engagement, Online Shoppers Want Buying to Be Easier, www.adweek.com
- Report: Consumers rather buy from brand sites than online retailers, www.retaildive.com
- 3 Existential Questions to Ask About Your Email Marketing Program, www.silverpop.com
- 7 Ways Bigshot Companies Delight Their Customers With Email, unbounce.com
- How to Send Emails That Gmail Users Won’t Block, blog.mailchimp.com
- The Mobile Revolution: Email Edition, blog.movableink.com
- Three Tips on Email Deliverability, www.martechadvisor.com
General Internet Marketing
- How to Build a Magnetic Brand, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Three Ways to Identify Your Brand Influencers, www.martechadvisor.com
- Understanding The Shift Toward People Based Marketing, www.ppchero.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- AerServ Partners With Telerik, www.marketwired.com
- IAB Appoints Joe Laszlo Vice President Of Industry Initiatives, www.iab.com
- One year after relaunch, Atlas reveals its brand partners, Business Insider
- Top Brands Partner with Yahoo for First Global Live Stream of an NFL Game Across Devices, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Total Audience Progress Report, sites.nielsen.com
- ToutApp Appoints Frank Swain as the Startup’s First Chief Revenue Officer, www.marketwired.com
- Trapit expands social selling platform with Android app and Twitter integration siliconangle.com
- Vision Critical Launches the Next Generation of Sparq, www.businesswire.com
- 3 Ways in Which CMOs Can Maintain Focus and Navigate the Marketing-Tech Selection Process, www.martechadvisor.com
- 4 Advanced Use Cases of Marketing Technology Innovation, www.martechadvisor.com
- Ad Tech Startup RevJet Puts Digital Creative In Marketers’ Hands, adage.com
- 3 small Business Mobile Marketing Success Stories, smallbiztrends.com
- iOS 9.1 Update Also Expands Reach Of Apple’s News App, TechCrunch
- Mobile reaches 30% of digital ad revenues, www.mobilemarketer.com
- How Facebook is pushing to dominate mobile shopping, www.retaildive.com
- 4 Ways to Use Pinterest to Power Your Holiday Marketing, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 9 agency millennials on how they use Twitter in the workplace, digiday.com
- How L’Oreal uses social media to increase employee engagement, econsultancy.com
- How the National Association of Manufacturers captures attention on Twitter, www.Twitter.com
- How to Maximize Your Organic Reach on Facebook, ignitevisibility.com
- How to Use Facebook Notes for Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Leveraging Social Media to Drive Greater Customer Insights, mackcollier.com
- Many Facebook Users Still Favor a Dislike Button, www.adweek.com
- The 5 Greatest TED Talks for Social Media Insights, simplymeasured.com
- The Top Reviewed Social Media Management Tools of 2015, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Twitter Hints That It May Re-Enable Politwoops, techcrunch.com
- Utilizing Instagram Autocomplete to Find The Perfect Hashtags, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 19 Free Video Editing Tools to Make Your Website Pop, smallbiztrends.com
- Video Behaviors Shift as Multiscreen Usage Progresses, www.emarketer.com