Marketing Day: Facebook News Feed updates, Twitter’s Explore tab & Square’s new campaign
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook updates News Feed algorithm to focus on video completion rates
Jan 26, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook is now using an evaluative criteria known as “percent completed” to see whether to surface video in the News Feed.
- Be the first to see the updated SMX West agenda
Jan 26, 2017 by Marketing Land
Search Marketing Expo – SMX West returns for its 10th year completely retooled with with tactic-rich sessions for SEOs and SEMs.
- Twitter announces Explore, a discovery tool
Jan 26, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Finding trending stories on Twitter is being made easier with the Explore tab.
- How data and technology will affect your marketing in 2017
Jan 26, 2017 by Victoria Godfrey
Columnist Victoria Godfrey shares four trends she’s watching for 2017 — and some steps you can take to stay ahead of the curve.
- Square launches ‘For Every Kind of Dream’ brand campaign with powerful film about refugee entrepreneur
Jan 26, 2017 by Greg Sterling
This is the first in a series of films featuring Square sellers that is rolling out in 2017.
- Snickers releases 4 Super Bowl LI teaser ads & says official spot will be filmed live
Jan 26, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Featuring “Star Wars” actor Adam Driver, Snickers claims its game day ad will make history as the first live-on-air Super Bowl commercial.
- [Webinar] A whirlwind tour of the 5 disruptions reshaping marketing
Jan 26, 2017 by Scott Brinker
Marketing is in the middle of five major disruptions that are reshaping our whole industry and profession. Yes, I know that sounds like hyperbole, but it’s not. These are huge, world-changing shifts that have already shaken industries to their core.
- Best of both: Making TV and digital work in unison
Jan 26, 2017 by Kevin O’Reilly
As the line between TV and digital continues to blur, how can marketers make them work together? Contributor Kevin O’Reilly shares tips to ensure a complementary media strategy.
- Survey: Amazon remains most trusted SMB brand, Yelp still ‘number one’ at the bottom
Jan 26, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Companies providing marketing services to SMBs appear to score lower than companies in other categories.
- 9 studies for landing pages that work
Jan 26, 2017 by Brian Massey
The bounty of cheap behavioral data available today is a boon for marketers. Columnist Brian Massey explains how to take advantage of this cheap data to develop an effective landing page.
- Startup Transform, Inc. launches its RevTech platform to tie revenue to specific spending
Jan 26, 2017 by Barry Levine
Seattle-based company says it offers a unique approach to modeling diverse data and generating recommendations for increasing sales.
- Facebook tests putting its news feed ads in Messenger to make app more plug-and-pay for brands
Jan 25, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook starts pushing news feed ads to Messenger to relieve its ad load pressure and ease in advertisers.
- Choosing the right marketing automation software for your business
Jan 25, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing organizations of all sizes are being inundated by data from multiple digital marketing channels and an increasing number of consumer devices. Faced with challenging market dynamics and increasing ROI pressure, more B2B marketers are using marketing automation platforms to manage complex, multi-touch buyer ecosystems.
- Facebook begins to test a feature to kill Snapchat
Jan 25, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Instagram Stories are coming to a Facebook mobile experience near you.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Entrepreneurs: Affiliate Marketing and the Balance of Trust, Jon Loomer Digital
- Social Metrics, Digital Metrics, Brand Metrics, and the Difference, Simply Measured
Blogs & Blogging
- How To Turn Your WordPress Blog Into A Business, WPExplorer
- Arthur Sadoun Succeeds Maurice Levy as Publicis Groupe CEO, AdAge
- Mark Zuckerberg – I’m excited that Hugo Barra is joining Facebook, Facebook
- Trump order strips privacy rights from non-U.S. citizens, could nix EU-US data flows, TechCrunch
- ‘What Kind of Content Should I Create?’ – Copyblogger, Copy Blogger
- 3 Reasons Influencer Marketing Starts with Creating the Right Content, Small Biz Trends
- How to Evaluate the ROI of Branded Content, Kiss Metrics
- How to Get Your Content Published on Forbes and Huffington Post, Jeff Bullas
- How to Know if Your Content Is Actually Useful (and What to Do if It’s Not), CMS Wire
- How Virtual Reality Could Change Content Marketing, Content Marketing Institute
- Measuring Your Content Marketing’s Real Performance, Multichannel Marketer
- Conversions Are for Closers: Using Conversion-Centered Design Principles to Inspire More Clicks, Unbounce
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Businesses Investing More in UX to Enhance Customer Experience in 2017, KoMarketing
- Reload, reloaded: faster and leaner page reloads, Chromium Blog
- Domain company market cap changes in 2016 – Domain Name Wire, Domain Name Wire
- 5 Reasons to Offer Ecommerce Subscriptions, Practical Ecommerce
- 7 Essential Steps to Sell Online In The U.S., Multichannel Marketer
- Amazon Fixes Titles in Add-A-Product to Prevent Sellers from Accidentally Suppressing Their Listings (It Only Took 3 Years!), Marketing Words Blog
- EBay meets investor expectations for holiday quarter, TechCrunch
- Ecommerce Trends and Predictions for 2017, Multichannel Marketer
- Getting a little more information can boost future e-commerce sales, Internet Retailer
- Goodbye to gimmicks and hello to the key digital commerce trends of 2017, Internet Retailer
- How to Source Products to Sell On Amazon, Small Biz Trends
- The Abandoned Shopping Cart: What Customers Want in a Checkout Experience, Multichannel Marketer
- A new guide to driving sales with Gmail Ads, AdWords Blog
- Hey Hey, Ho Ho, Email Attachments Have Got to Go, CMS Wire
- Post-Purchase Emails: How to Boost Retention and LTV, ConversionXL
General Internet Marketing
- 101 marketing tools and tips for 2017 – Practical tips!, Razor Social
- 2017 Digital Marketing Trends and Predictions, MarketingProfs
- Rethink your rewarded ad strategy, Venture Beat
- Your 2017 marketing plan should be defined by change and transformation, Econsultancy
Internet Marketing Industry
- Facebook Ad Campaigns for MailChimp, MailChimp blog
- Verto Analytics Launches Smart Poll to Combine Active Surveys with Passive Cross-Device Consumer, PR Newswire
- Winter is coming for marketing technology, Venture Beat
- Facebook brings its Slideshow movie-maker to Android, TechCrunch
- Mobile success: How brand helps deliver 100-1,000X more app installs, Tune
- Universal App Install Campaigns: Surprisingly Effective Android App Promotion, 3Q Digital
- 4 Ways To Use Facebook Live For Driving Traffic And Subscribers To Your Website, Social Media Explorer
- Despite the hype, more than 30 percent of brand accounts are dormant on Snapchat, Digiday
- Facebook Instant Articles and Snapchat Discover haven’t paid off big for publishers, a study shows, Quartz
- Facebook SDK Update Streamlines Analytics Setup, Facebook Developer’s Blog
- How Long Are The Most Shared Stories On Social Media?, News Whip
- Hugo Barra joins Facebook to lead its VR efforts, including Oculus, TechCrunch
- Security Key for safer logins with a touch, Facebook
- Snapchat’s Ad Platform Is Growing Quickly, But Will It Ever Reach Facebook’s Heights?, AdExchanger
- Social Media Best-Practices for Nonprofits & Mistakes to Avoid, MarketingProfs
- The Benefits of a Facebook Business Page, CompuKol Connection
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Get Facebook Reviews, Search Influence
- This Snapchat Spectacles case melted while charging, TechCrunch
- You can now use NFC to lock down your Facebook page, The Verge
- 4 Video Contest Ideas to Boost Your Social Engagement, Convince and Convert
- Creativity in Constraint: Unlock New Forms of Storytelling With 6-Second YouTube Bumper Ads, Think with Google
- Google opens up its Daydream VR platform to all developers, TechCrunch
- How to Use Video Content Marketing for Customer Engagement, MarketingProfs
- Video Planning for the Digital World, From IPG Mediabrands Canada’s CEO, Think with Google