Marketing Day: Facebook Changes CPC Calculations, Pinterest Integrates With 3rd-Party Sites & More
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Celtra Releases New Video Ad Formats To Transform TV Ads For Mobile Viewing Audi’s debut of short form vertical ad format said to outperform all key metrics. Pinterest Launches First Third-Party […]
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Celtra Releases New Video Ad Formats To Transform TV Ads For Mobile Viewing
Audi’s debut of short form vertical ad format said to outperform all key metrics.
- Pinterest Launches First Third-Party Integrations With Polyvore & IFTTT
Pinterest promises more such connections with websites and apps in the coming months.
- Dynatrace Launches “Customer Experience Cockpit” To Measure Digital Performance & User Satisfaction
Company says it’s offering a “first of its kind” platform to help businesses understand customer experience across multiple channels.
- Facebook Dumps “Likes” In New CPC Calculation To Focus On Performance Outcomes
New formula won’t take engagement actions into account when defining CPC.
- Twitter Introduces Video App Ads, Bidding Based On Actions & Installs
A year after launching its app install ad feature, Twitter says advertisers are getting strong ROI from the program.
- Carnegie Mellon Study Finds Gender Discrimination In Ads Shown On Google
A recent study by Carnegie Mellon University, initially conceived to test how online user behaviors and interaction with Google’s Ad Settings would impact ads displayed, found potential gender discrimination in terms of employment ads shown to men and women. According to the study (embedded below), “setting the [user profile] gender to female resulted in getting […]
- 12 Ways To Mine Your Own Mind For Content Ideas
Got writer’s block? Not sure what to do for your next blog post? Columnist Stoney deGeyter discusses his simple yet effective tactics for repurposing content.
- Searching For The Holy Grail Of Marketing? You Can Stop At The Universal Customer Profile
If you’re looking to ramp up your marketing strategy, look no further than the universal customer profile. Columnist Erik Bratt explains what you need to successfully create and leverage a single customer view.
- Email Best Practice Pros: Pinterest Pins Engagement On Email
Pinterest has been a social media and content powerhouse. Columnist Steve Dille shows how its smart integration of email marketing has been a critical part of that success story.
- Amazon Says Its Prime Day Will Eclipse Black Friday
In honor of Amazon’s 20th anniversary the company is hosting “Prime Day.” It’s a one-day shopping extravaganza on July 15, 2015, which the company says will rival Black Friday. Only Amazon Prime members are eligible to participate. Beyond a celebration this is an effort to boost the number of Prime subscribers. Amazon says that deals will span shopping categories, “from electronics, […]
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Wywy Lets Advertisers Sync Search Bidding With Television Campaigns
- Google Now Indexing 466% More Tweets, Still Favoring Higher Authority Users [Study]
- The Growth Of Mobile: Do We Need Some Perspective?
- Consumer Group Petitions FTC To Bring Europe’s Right-To-Be-Forgotten To US
- Cross-Account Negative Keywords & Other MCC Tricks
- Google: It’s Unnatural To Even Ask For Links To Your Site
- Google Promotes Voice Search With Suggested Searches In Mobile App
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- BuiltWith Reports a 7% Increase in WordPress’ Usage from January – July 2015, wptavern.com
- How to Make a Blog Editorial Calendar, www.razorsocial.com
- Integrating LinkedIn Long-Form Posts in Your Blog Strategy, www.blogherald.com
- Apple Plans Record Number of New iPhones, Wall Street Journal
- Facebook Announces Fifth Data Center, Located In Fort Worth, Texas, TechCrunch
- Satya Nadella email to employees on sharpening business focus, news.microsoft.com
- 8 Ways Content Marketers Can Hack Facebook Multi-Product Ads, moz.com
- The Science Behind What Content Goes Viral, www.socialmediatoday.com
- 8 Best Practices for Starting Your A/B Testing, Luna Metrics
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- “Web Design Is Dead.” No, It Isn’t., Smashing Magazine
- Google Hates ICANN’s Attempt to Eliminate Whois Privacy Calling it “Impractical & Ineffective, The Domains
- There are now over 1,000 top-level domains, DomainIncite
- WordPress wins another round against Chris Pearson, Domain Name Wire
- 11 unusual examples of ecommerce navigation, eConsultancy
- Increase Sales by Removing Gender-specific Elements, Practical E-Commerce
- When it comes to conversion, retailers should think social: report, www.retaildive.com
- Email Send Frequency: The Effects of Undermailing, blog.returnpath.com
- Intelliverse Launches Email Tracker for Gmail to Take the Guesswork out of Follow Ups, www.martechadvisor.com
- The art of the correction message, myemma.com
- The Dawn of Kinetic Email, freshinbox.com
- The Ultimate Guide to Growing a Massive Email List, blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- BidSwitch and AerServ Partner to Enable Programmatic Buying of Mobile and Mobile Video Inventory, Market Wired
- Email Marketing Firm Emma, Inc. Raises $5 Million, Business Wire
- wywy & AppsFlyer Now Measure Impact TV Campaigns Have on Mobile App Installs, www.adotas.com
- Google Glass ‘Enterprise Edition’ brings new larger prism, Intel Atom CPU, optional external battery pack, 9to5 Google
- Are Facebook Users Ready for More Videos and More Ads?, www.usertesting.com
- Engaging on LinkedIn: Five Strategies for Sales and Marketing Leaders, MarketingProfs
- How Brands Can Drive Results with Promoted Pinterest Pins, KISS Metrics
- How do you measure a social team?, www.conversocial.com
- Please Tweet Responsibly: The Future Of Alcohol Brands On Twitter, www.socialbro.com
- Twitter Ads now available to small and medium-sized businesses in Brazil, Twitter Blog
- 4 Ways Facebook Is Making Video Marketing Easier, simplymeasured.com
- Best Practices for Crafting Internal Brand Training Videos, blog.visual.ly
- Freebooting: Stolen YouTube videos going viral on Facebook., www.slate.com