Marketing Day: Facebook Canvas ads, Android OS surpasses Windows & live video
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook’s Canvas ads get easier to create (and recreate) with new API
Apr 4, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Canvas API enables brands to automate the production process through third-party marketing tools.
- P&G’s Marc Pritchard calls for timeline on digital ad measurement audits
Apr 4, 2017 by Tim Peterson
One of ad industry’s most powerful brand execs reiterated his call for the digital ad ecosystem to “clean up the crap.”
- SEO and social: 1 + 1 = 3
Apr 4, 2017 by Eric Enge
Columnist Eric Enge recaps a session from SMX West detailing fresh ideas for how search engine optimization (SEO) and social media marketing can work together to produce results.
- [Live Webinar] Customer data: new strategies to keep it fresh and accurate
Apr 4, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Join data experts David M. Raab and John Hurley as they describe how Radius and its clients built a network of B2B business and contact information, and how you can create a new data source with unprecedented freshness, accuracy, and coverage.
- 10 truisms about agencies and clients
Apr 4, 2017 by David Rodnitzky
Agency-client relationships can be complicated. Columnist David Rodnitzky shares what he’s learned to help you build a solid, long-standing partnership.
- Taboola’s new LiveIntent partnership means it can now definitively identify users’ devices
Apr 4, 2017 by Barry Levine
The deal also lets email marketing/ad service LiveIntent feature Taboola’s content recommendations in its emails.
- Android now the world’s dominant OS, surpassing Windows
Apr 4, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Apple’s iOS generates more traffic than Android in the US.
- A deep look at Google’s biggest-ever search quality crisis
Apr 4, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Under fire for months, can Google reverse the drip-drip-drip of criticism as incorrect, absurd or even dangerous results surface to the top?
- Live video has become the creative canvas for digital marketers
Apr 3, 2017 by Fritz Brumder
Have you hopped on board the live video craze yet? Contributor Fritz Brumder explains how live experiences can help you cultivate creativity, innovation and a captive audience.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Marketing 101: A Forrester Report, Conversant Blog
- Facebook’s Ninth Data Center Will Be Built in Papillion, Nebraska, Adweek
- Google Says Former Driverless-Car Executive Developed Rival Before Exit, Wall Street Journal
- Marissa Mayer will not be part of the new AOL-Yahoo combined company called Oath, Recode
- 10 Things That Stop Companies From Publishing Winning Content, Search Engine Journal
- Content Marketers: Organic Traffic Is The Key Success Metric, Search Engine Journal
- Non-Shady Fake News Hacks Every Content Marketer Should Use Right Now, Vertical Measures
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Proofreading Pointers, So Your Writing Isn’t Shared for the Wrong Reason, Copyblogger
- Ethics In User Experience Design, Usability Geek
- Messages of Joy in Advertising Copy Not Always Good for Business, Study Shows, Small Biz Trends
- WordPress Performance Testing: Why, How & Which Tools to Use, WPExplorer
- Amazon brings its business marketplace to Britain, Reuters
- Amazon Shuts Down Quidsi, Multichannel Merchant
- Jet.com Physically Sliced Off 21% of Its Products on Facebook Live to Highlight the Wage Gap, Adweek
- The finals: Subject Line Slam Dunk championship, VerticalResponse
- The Impact of Special Offers in Subject Lines on Email Open and Click Rates, MarketingProfs
General Internet Marketing
- 3 Ways to Identify the Right Influencers to Help With Your Marketing, MarketingProfs
- CMO Insights: How to Build a Successful Global Marketing Team, MarTech Advisor
- Here’s One Way to Improve Digital Advertising: Charge Less to Run Good Ads, Adweek
- Let’s Get Digital: Setting the Foundation for a Solid Digital Marketing Strategy, Marketo
- The Emoji Evolution: How Your Brand Can Use Emojis, The Blog Herald
Internet Marketing Industry
- A Brand New McAfee Commits to Building a Safer Future, Business Wire
- Cision Communications Cloud™ Launches PR Newswire Integration and New Features to Identify Ideal Influencers, Multivu
- Dentsu Aegis Network US Acquires Leapfrog Online to Join Global Digital Performance Agency iProspect, Yahoo Finance
- Nearly Half of Global Merchants and Suppliers Have Lost at Least One Million Dollars in Revenue Due to Cross-Channel Commerce Challenges, Globe Newswire
- Pardot and Google Analytics Event Tracking, UpBuild
- Pyze Launches Enterprise Edition; Enabling Advanced Multi-App and Channel Aggregations, Analysis and Campaign Management, Pyze
- TECHdotMN LeadPages Hires New CMO Dustin Robertson, TECHdotMN
- 5 Ways Retailers Are Using Marketing Tech to Support Personalization Efforts, Street Fight
- A Customer-centric Approach to Building Marketing and Sales Stacks, MarTech Advisor
- A recipe for the MarTech Layer Cake, Econsultancy
- Do You Have These Tools in Your Marketing Toolbox?, Search Engine Journal
- How to increase chatbot engagement up to 90%, VentureBeat
- THE HACKIES: A CMO’s guide to integrating marketing technologies, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Why digital advertising is experimenting with blockchain, Digiday
- 10 Outstanding Social Media Campaigns You Need to See, Search Engine Journal
- 20 Facebook Post Ideas Your Small Business Fans Will “Like”, Small Biz Trends
- 3 New Facebook Updates, Features Businesses Should Take Advantage Of, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- 4 Tips for Successful Social Media Contests, Social Media Examiner
- Android Shortcuts to your favorite parts of Pinterest, Pinterest Blog
- B2B Marketers! How to get going on Pinterest before your competition, The AdStage Blog
- Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat: A Status Update, Simply Measured
- How Do Users Like Snapchat Ads?, eMarketer
- How Emojis Can Increase Push Notification Opens : 2.6 Billion Notifications Analyzed!, Social Media Explorer
- Is a second Facebook News Feed in the works? What you need to know, Econsultancy
- New: LinkedIn Launches Lead Gen Forms, Search Engine Journal
- The Ultimate Guide to Instagram Ad Reporting, The AdStage Blog
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.