Marketing Day: Facebook blocking the wrong ads, massive data breaches continue & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Despite marketers’ optimism about new privacy laws, massive data breaches continue to rock consumers’ trust
Jul 6, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
Will GDPR and the recently passed California privacy law herald a new age where companies avoid breaches by taking proper precautions?
- Acxiom sells Marketing Solutions division to Interpublic, readies LiveRamp
Jul 5, 2018 by Barry Levine
As personal data for ad targeting becomes increasingly burdened with consent and other conditions, time will tell if Interpublic has made a good deal.
- Facebook’s automated systems to monitor political advertisers are blocking the wrong ads
Jul 5, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Ads with words like ‘Bush’ and ‘Clinton’ are being taken down because they have been tagged as political ads from non-verified advertisers.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Get to know your virtual audience via their digital body language
Jul 6, 2018 by Joe Hyland
Contributor Joe Hyland explains how to read your prospects’ intentions online so you can offer them a solution that meets their needs.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 6 Best WordPress Contact Form Plugins for Small Businesses (Compared), Monster Insights
- Confessions of a marketer: Agency overbilling is spurring the move in-house, Digiday
- Holistic Email Metrics Matrix: Are you seeing the whole picture?, Litmus
- Twitterrific removes push notifications and live-streaming features ahead of Twitter API change, 9to5Mac
- What to Know Before Engaging with a Digital Marketing Agency, Vertical Measures
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.