Marketing Day: Facebook Audience Network News, Emotional Analytics & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Report: Facebook Audience Network Testing Expansion Into Mobile Web Advertising
Jan 12, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
A limited test is underway to move beyond in-app ad inventory and broker ad space on mobile publisher sites.
- Marketers, Welcome To The World Of Emotional Analytics
Jan 12, 2016 by Barry Levine
Major media agency MediaCom announced today that Realeyes’ emotional tracking with facial detection and analytics is now an integrated part of its content testing and media planning.
- 5 Ways To Utilize Image-Based Content Through The Buying Cycle
Jan 12, 2016 by Jim Yu
Don’t ignore the power of visuals. Columnist Jim Yu discusses ways you can take advantage of images and videos to convert customers.
- Now That The FTC Has Spoken On Native Advertising, What’s Next?
Jan 12, 2016 by David Rodnitzky
Columnist David Rodnitzky discusses the key ways the FTC’s guidelines on native ads will impact marketers.
- Periscope Broadcasts To Stream In Timelines On Twitter For iOS
Jan 12, 2016 by Greg Finn
iOS users will soon see Periscope broadcasts directly within their timelines — No additional apps required.
- 4 Marketing “Trends” That Never Go Out Of Style
Jan 12, 2016 by Patrick Armitage
What’s hot and what’s not? Columnist Patrick Armitage urges marketers not to get caught up in trends and outlines four marketing basics that are here to stay.
- Survey Suggests Mobile Banners Being Replaced By Native, Video Formats
Jan 12, 2016 by Greg Sterling
According to a recent survey of 283 “clients and agency executives” commissioned by Trusted Media Brands, the mobile banner is a declining ad unit. Native and video were the formats many marketers said they were going to turn to this year.
- Campaign Monitor Unveils Its Rebuilt Drag-And-Drop Email Builder
Jan 12, 2016 by Barry Levine
The company’s newest tool includes built-in image editing and user segmentation, as well as expanded device/inbox optimization.
- Yahoo Now Appears Headed Toward A Sale Of The Company
Jan 11, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The reporting surrounding Yahoo has taken a very negative turn in the last month. An example is the New York Times’ piece this weekend about a “brain drain” at Yahoo and declining employee morale. Another is last week’s CNBC hearsay story about Yahoo’s programmatic video business being “rife with ad fraud.”
- Marriott’s Adventure In Online Content Marketing Continues With Premiere of Latest Film
Jan 11, 2016 by Barry Levine
Entitled “Business Unusual,” it’s part of an ambitious content-creating campaign to generate buzz among younger travelers by featuring the hotels as background characters.
- Socialbakers Adds Facebook Listening To Its Repertoire
Jan 11, 2016 by Barry Levine
Although still focused on in-depth social analytics, the company’s new keyword searching complements a similar capability launched for Twitter last year.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Discovering Opportunities To Drive Your Mobile Web & App Optimization Strategy
- How TV (And Video) Influences Search Behavior
- Google Panda Is Now Part Of Google’s Core Ranking Signals
- Google Had A Major Core Ranking Algorithm Update This Past Weekend
- Charles Perrault Google Doodle Marks 17th Century Fairy Tale Author’s 388th Birthday
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- eBay Enterprise buys affiliate technology vendor AffiliateTraction, www.internetretailer.com
- The State of Local-Affiliate Marketing in 2016, www.marketingprofs.com
- 10 text, sentiment, and social analytics trends for 2016, venturebeat.com
- How can publishers use analytics data to save themselves?, www.clickz.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Reasons NOT to Batch-Write Your Blog Content, www.problogger.net
- How to Create a Blog Persona to Make Your Content Consistently Relevant, www.marketingprofs.com
- Google Opens Virtual Reality Division, Apps Move to Enterprise Unit, recode.net
- Mozilla to Completely Shut Down Its Persona Login System in November 2016, news.softpedia.com
- 5 Ways to Add Compelling Visuals to Your Content Marketing, www.toprankblog.com
- 6 Tools to Help Turn Trends Into Valuable Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Content Marketing 2016: Staffing, Measurement, and Effectiveness Across the Industry, contently.com
- The Art and Science of Web Storytelling, www.blogherald.com
- The Secret to Creating Content and Marketing That Your Customers Will Love, mackcollier.com
- The Secrets To Combatting Content Overload: How To Craft Content People Love, blog.bufferapp.com
- Building Better Landing Pages: Getting More Conversions, See More Results, www.martechadvisor.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 25 Infographic Templates and Vector Kits to Help You Design Your Own Infographic, www.copypress.com
- Are Grammar Mistakes Costing You Money?, conversionxl.com
- What Will Your Digital Experience Look Like?, www.cmswire.com
- .sucks “gagging” registrar critics?, domainincite.com
- Boston Globe sells .Boston domain name, domainnamewire.com
- Frank Schilling unveils marketplace, domainnamewire.com
- 10 ecommerce sites with grand product photography, econsultancy.com
- Amazon poised to take on UPS, FedEx in delivery business, www.seattletimes.com
- E-commerce drone delivery could take off in a few years, a Google exec says, www.internetretailer.com
- Ecommerce Pay-per-click Ad Trends for 2016, www.practicalecommerce.com
- List of Themes for eCommerce Sites, smallbiztrends.com
- More Things to Consider for eCommerce Content Audits, www.goinflow.com
- Pruning Your eCommerce Site: How & Why, moz.com
- Retailers Missing Cross-Channel Personalization Opportunity, www.adweek.com
- Are You Collecting Customer Email Addresses?, www.cmswire.com
- Email Marketing: Ideas and inspiration from 11 years of award-winning campaigns, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- How to Increase Your Email Open Rate, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Many retail marketers fail to maximize use of email, www.retaildive.com
General Internet Marketing
- 2 Lessons Marketers Can Learn From Star Wars, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Brands Are Transforming, Just Not Quick Enough for Their Customers, www.skyword.com
- How Digital Marketing Will Change in 2016, www.marketingprofs.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Featured Integrations: January 2016, blog.mailchimp.com
- Flashtalking Acquires Encore, Adds Attribution Services To Its Offering, adexchanger.com
- Opera Mediaworks and Nielsen Catalina Solutions Help CPG Brands Leverage Purchase Behavior, www.marketwired.com
- Apple: iOS 9.3 to Include Night Shift, More, www.adweek.com
- Big brands embrace convergence of IoT, wearables with commerce, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Evolution of the Mobile World from 2015 Into 2016, www.webanalyticsworld.net
- Facebook’s “Mentions” App For Celebrities And Other Verified Users Comes To Android, techcrunch.com
- Skype announces group video calls coming to Android, iOS, and Windows 10 Mobile, venturebeat.com
- What Consumers Expect from Mobile Retail Sites, www.emarketer.com
- #TwitterFlightSchool is now open to all marketers, www.Twitter.com
- 5 “Socializing” Tips For Your 2016 Social Listening Strategy, www.conversocial.com
- 5 Key Features of Chinese Social Media, www.jeffbullas.com
- 7 Instagram Strategies Top Fitness Brands Are Using in 2016, simplymeasured.com
- 7 Ways to Stand Out With LinkedIn Visual Content, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 9 Facebook Ad Campaign Examples Critiqued for Conversion, unbounce.com
- How to Develop a Social Media Reporting System, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- It’s Time to Stop Calling It “Social” Marketing, www.adweek.com
- Small Businesses share Instagram Creative Tips, blog.business.instagram.com
- The Must-Follow Principles of B2B Social Media Success, www.convinceandconvert.com
- The Web Marketer’s Guide To Reddit, builtvisible.com
- Twitter’s Policy Reboot: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, www.eff.org
- What You Need to Know About Dark Social and Attribution, simplymeasured.com
- 5 Tips to Create More Memorable YouTube Ads, www.wordstream.com
- Google appeases Pakistani censors with country-specific version of YouTube, www.dailydot.com
- How B2B Marketers Can Drive More Pipeline With Personalized Video, www.martechadvisor.com
- MediaCom Gauges The Emotional Impact Of Video Ads, adexchanger.com
- Mobile video’s 2016 playbook: Apps, location targeting and native placement, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Three YouTube influencers give their views on brand partnerships, econsultancy.com
- Upload Periscope to YouTube for Video Marketing Campaigns, www.reelseo.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech