Marketing Day: Facebook adds publishers’ logos, IAB’s Podcast Playbook & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The one martech metric that really matters: Customer lifetime value
Aug 23, 2017 by Kevin Bobowski
In a noisy, hyper-competitive market, how do you stay ahead of your rivals? Contributor Kevin Bobowski explains why customer lifetime value and building a customer-obsessed organization are essential.
- 10 tips for choosing the perfect domain
Aug 23, 2017 by Ryan Shelley
When it comes to choosing a domain name for your business, you’ve got more choices than ever. Columnist Ryan Shelley provides suggestions for narrowing it down.
- Load time, static site generators & SEO: How we lowered our own site’s load time by 74%
Aug 23, 2017 by Chris Liversidge
Google’s upcoming transition to mobile-first indexing, combined with its raised expectation of mobile site performance, should convince site owners to consider static site generation. Contributor Chris Liversidge explains.
- Join the marketing technology community at MarTech. Beta rates expire this Saturday!
Aug 23, 2017 by Marketing Land
Join the marketing technology community at MarTech, October 2–4 in Boston. You’ll be able to choose from more than 40 sessions featuring 50 speakers from brands and agencies braving the intersection of marketing, technology and management.
- Facebook adds publishers’ logos to links in search results, trending lists
Aug 23, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook hopes the logos will make people more aware of their news sources but is not yet adding them to its main home for news: people’s news feeds.
- IAB releases its first ‘Podcast Playbook’ guide for marketers
Aug 23, 2017 by Barry Levine
The new publication is the latest effort by IAB to make podcast advertising part of mainstream marketing.
- Why freelance marketing work could be damaging your personal brand
Aug 23, 2017 by Matt Umbro
While freelancing can be a great way to earn extra marketing dollars, columnist Matt Umbro says you need to have the right mindset and be wary of potential issues.
- Google announces AMP speed and viewability enhancements for ads
Aug 23, 2017 by Michelle Robbins
Utilizing “Fast Fetch” ad request and rendering, ads served on AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) will now be faster, and potentially will improve viewability rates.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Marketing Value: 4 Data Points to Prove ROI to the C-Suite, MarketingProfs
- Self-Service Analytics Offer Opportunities and Challenges, CMS Wire
- GoDaddy COO Scott Wagner Returning to Chief Executive Post, Wall Street Journal
- Snapchat Content Chief Expects First Scripted Fare This Year, Says “Mobile Is Not a TV Killer”, Hollywood Reporter
- Women-First App Bumble Turned Down $450 Million Buyout Offer From Dating Giant Match Group, Forbes
- All Content Is Not Created Equal, CMS Wire
- Content Marketing Tools Are Becoming More Diversified, eMarketer
- The Washington Post brings artificial intelligence to its native ads, Digiday
- Amazon’s long private-label game, Digiday
- Global Ecommerce Markets Will Reach $4 Trillion By 2020. Are You In?, Shopify Plus
- How to Add AI into the B2B Ecommerce Mix, Multichannel Merchant
- 3 Unique Ways to Personalize Your Email Content with Data, Movable Ink Blog
General Internet Marketing
- Customer Engagement: B2B and B2C Companies Fail to Engage, MarketingProfs
- Introducing The State of Engagement, Marketo
- September 2017 Marketing and Holiday Planning, Constant Contact Blogs
Internet Marketing Industry
- Tapad Announces Forward Progress through The Trade Desk Integration, PR Newswire
- ViralGains and Peer39 by Sizmek Go Beyond Brand Safety and Partner to Deliver Highly Contextually Relevant Video Ads, Market Wired
- Zang Cloud Helps Marketing Tracking and Measurement Company Reduce Costs by 94 Percent, Market Wired
- Annina Koskiola, CEO of Proximi.io talks Marketing Tech, MarTech Advisor
- Getting To The Holy Grail: How Publishers Measure The Incremental Value Of Ad Tech Partners, AdExchanger
- How AI is a Catalyst for Digital Transformation in Marketing, MarTech Advisor
- Facebook Geo Targeting, PPC Hero
- Introducing Campaign Creation in MailChimp’s Mobile App, MailChimp Blog
- The state of mobile programmatic in 5 charts, Digiday
- Instagram, Snapchat Adoption Still Surging in US and UK, eMarketer
- Is Your Social Content Picture-Perfect or Merely Taking Stock?, Content Marketing Institute
- Survey: Twitter is More Effective Tool to Reach Local Audiences, KoMarketing
- Facebook now lets you take 360 photos in-app, use them as Cover Photos, TechCrunch
- Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor Take Their Fight to Online Video, Tubular Insights
- The Top 10 Instagram Video Statistics To Know For 2017, MediaKix