Marketing Day: Facebook ad transparency, Google’s #SmallThanks Hub & featured snippets
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Peloton & Mizzen+Main share their online retail strategies for Black Friday & Cyber Monday
Nov 22, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
According to Adobe, online retailers will generate more than $19 billion in revenue this holiday weekend.
- [Reminder] Customer Experience in the Age of Social Media
Nov 22, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Using social media to deliver great customer service is no longer an option — it’s a must. Twitter reports that customer service interactions on social have jumped 250 percent in the past two years. Two-thirds of consumers are already using Twitter or Facebook for customer service.
- Extending the promotional power of packaging: Technology as the new frontier
Nov 22, 2017 by Davor Sutija
With the holiday season in full swing, brands need to move beyond traditional packaging. Contributor Davor Sutija discusses how technology can help marketers think outside the box.
- What you need to know about Facebook’s new ad transparency
Nov 22, 2017 by Laura Collins
As Facebook begins rolling out its ‘View Ads’ tab on Pages, columnist Laura Collins discusses the ramifications for advertisers and how the new disclosure will affect ad transparency.
- Sensory’s new Fujitsu partnership means your face could become a lot more valuable to enterprises
Nov 22, 2017 by Barry Levine
Mizuho, the 15th largest bank in the world, will become the latest user of Sensory’s facial authentication.
- Amobee launches an Inventory Accountability Program
Nov 22, 2017 by Barry Levine
It adds a new refund guarantee, an anti-bot diagnostic tool and commitments from exchange partners to the ad tech unit’s existing anti-fraud efforts.
- Google’s new #SmallThanks Hub automatically creates digital & printed marketing assets for SMBs
Nov 21, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Using content pulled from Google reviews, businesses with verified Google listings can create posters, social media posts, window clings, stickers and more.
- Why consistent marketing can pay big results for small industrial manufacturers
Nov 21, 2017 by Dianna Huff
Sometimes the key to success in SEO and online marketing is just being consistent. In her beginner-focused how-to, columnist Dianna Huff provides some tactical advice for those managing digital marketing for small manufacturing websites.
- Is the featured snippet bubble bursting?
Nov 21, 2017 by Brian Patterson
What’s going on with featured snippets? Columnists Brian Patterson and Chris Long share data which suggests that Google may be testing a reduction in SERP answer boxes.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- How e-commerce giants are using AI and marketing (Part 1)
Nov 22, 2017 by Daniel Faggella
In the first part of a series, columnist Daniel Faggella explores how e-commerce leaders such as Amazon and Alibaba are adopting AI applications to power more accurate product recommendations and faster search results.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 4 Tools to Create Custom Instagram and Snapchat Visuals, Social Media Examiner
- 5 ways we’re toughening our approach to protect families on YouTube and YouTube Kids, Official YouTube Blog
- 8 Tips For Creating Successful Email Marketing Campaigns, CMS Wire
- Cheatsheet: Everything you need to know about Amazon Advertising, Digiday
- EU agrees to end country-specific limits for online retailers, Reuters
- How To Avoid Web Analytics ‘Analysis Paralysis’ & Spend More Time Making Optimization Wins, Crazy Egg
- More People Open Marketing Emails on Thanksgiving than Black Friday, Study Finds, Small Biz Trends
- Social Media Remarketing: Here’s Why It’s the Most Effective Use of Social, Stone Temple
- Using the Right Technology and Data to Keep Mobile App Users Engaged, eMarketer
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech