Marketing Day: Expanded text ads, Google Home & Facebook’s Q3 earnings
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 5 ingredients for writing the perfect expanded text ad
Nov 3, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Want to succeed with expanded text ads? Columnist Frederick Vallaeys reports on findings from an Optmyzr study of 1.2 million ads to see what characteristics the best-performing ads had in common.
- Election 2016: Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are failing at mobile
Nov 3, 2016 by Josh Todd
Columnist Josh Todd reflects on how the US presidential candidates could do a better job of utilizing mobile technology to engage their respective bases.
- Choosing the right local marketing automation software for your business
Nov 3, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Managing online citations, claimed and unclaimed listings, landing pages, reviews and ratings and data feeds for hundreds or thousands of locations has become time-consuming and costly for enterprise brands. Automating these processes can improve search rankings, increase productivity and lower CPCs due to better SEO.
- Uncover hidden potential in your paid search and shopping campaigns
Nov 3, 2016 by Andreas Reiffen
In this helpful how-to piece, columnist Andreas Reiffen explains how to find anomalies in your paid search campaigns and address them for improved performance.
- Should you be using LinkedIn Ads?
Nov 3, 2016 by AJ Wilcox
Contributor AJ Wilcox discusses what kinds of businesses should be advertising on LinkedIn and those that should probably avoid the platform altogether.
- Report: More marketers are becoming early adopters of marketing tech, although half can’t keep up with the changes
Nov 3, 2016 by Barry Levine
The second annual ‘State of Marketing Technology’ report from ad agency Walker Sands show that marketers are adapting to the never-ending choice of tools.
- Mastering the email ecosystem for effective marketing
Nov 3, 2016 by Scott Heimes
From creating a campaign to understanding spam laws, columnist Scott Heimes explains why you need to think about all the parts of the email marketing campaign life cycle.
- How to make Google Home & Amazon Echo talk to each other in an infinite loop
Nov 3, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
They might be rivals, but these home assistants are happy to talk to each other… and keep talking and talking and talking.
- Google Home’s arrival ushers in the era of the virtual assistant
Nov 3, 2016 by Greg Sterling
It won’t really matter if you own Google Home or Amazon Echo; the point is that you will own one of them.
- Facebook’s Q3 2016 earnings call: Ad load issues, ad-blocker blocking, a video-only feed
Nov 2, 2016 by Tim Peterson
What advertisers should know from Facebook’s Q3 2016 earnings call
- Facebook’s Q3 2016 earnings report in 7 charts
Nov 2, 2016 by Tim Peterson
The numbers that matter from Facebook’s latest quarterly earnings report and what they say about the social network’s ad business.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 30 Essential Blog Tools for Growth, www.blogherald.com
- AOL’s Tim Armstrong Is Optimistic About Yahoo-Verizon Merger Despite Massive Hack, www.fastcompany.com
- MTN’s tests of Facebook’s Voyager might make internet cheaper for Africans., qz.com
- Twitter loses another exec in Asia — this time its head of India and Southeast Asia, TechCrunch
- Yelp lays off 175 in sales and marketing as it retrenches internationally, TechCrunch
- It’s Time to Take Content Marketing Automation Seriously, www.marketingprofs.com
- Preparing for Future Traffic Declines: What Content Creators Need to Know, www.amyporterfield.com
- The Complete Guide to Speeding Up Your Content, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The Ultimate Editing Checklist for Content Marketers, www.problogger.net
- A Quick Primer on B2B Conversion Optimization, conversionxl.com
- Ensuring a Great User Experience Is the First Step in CRO, blog.kissmetrics.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Breaking Out Of The Box: Design Inspiration (November 2016), www.smashingmagazine.com
- How To Internationalize Your Typography, usabilitygeek.com
- The Importance of Responsive Content, www.copypress.com
- .Blog Landrush Started Today, www.domaininvesting.com
- Governments mull greater geo gTLD powers, domainincite.com
- Percentage of Parked New gTLD Zoom Up Over 65% As Over 3 Million Added in A Week, www.thedomains.com
- Should new gTLDs be first-come, first-served?, domainincite.com
- Amazon eyes expansion in Southeast Asia, Middle East, mulls Souq bid, www.retaildive.com
- Amazon predicted to become the biggest fashion retailer in the US, econsultancy.com
- Amazon’s private label brands are taking over market share, techcrunch.com
- Are retailers compromising site performance in pursuit of ad dollars?, econsultancy.com
- Black Friday Enthusiasm High for US Internet Users, www.emarketer.com
- Does B2B Ecommerce Eliminate Sales Teams?, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Enhance online shopping with eCommerce filters, yoast.com
- Perfecting Your B2B Ecommerce Platform, multichannelmerchant.com
- Study: Fake retailer apps bedevil mobile shoppers, www.retaildive.com
- Unwrapping Mobile Shopping Habits (2016 Holiday Edition), blog.operamediaworks.com
- 5 Design Tips for Your Most Beautiful Emails Yet, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 6 Inbox Management Tips for Email Marketers, movableink.com
- How to Time B2B Email Marketing Campaigns for Success, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Typical Opt-in bribes are dead! Learn 2 Effective Ways to Skyrocket Your Email List, www.ducttapemarketing.com
General Internet Marketing
- CMOs: You Can’t Predict the Future, But You Can Prepare, www.cmswire.com
- Places to Learn Influencer Marketing (from Beginner to Advanced Level), www.amnavigator.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- 33Across Identifies Peak Engagement Points for Online Ads Based on Viewability and Time-in-View, Business Wire
- A New Dashboard, Product Blocks, Predicted Demographics for Online Sellers, and More, blog.mailchimp.com
- ATOMIZED Announces $2.5M in Seed Funding, Growth Plans, www.businesswire.com
- 5 ways AI marketing boosts campaign performance & ROI, venturebeat.com
- Brands are the ultimate navigation device in a fragmented world, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Forms Can Now Be Embedded in AMP Pages, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Google will soon let developers set introductory subscription prices for apps, venturebeat.com
- Reimagining the Mobile Banner: In-App Ad Innovation Spares Brands from Google’s Interstitial Pinch, streetfightmag.com
- What Brands Teach Us About Trust-Building, adage.com
- 11 Mega Tips for Increasing Your Instagram Followers, smallbiztrends.com
- 4 LinkedIn Tips for Better Prospecting, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook Shares Snapchat Attack Plan, Including a New Camera, adage.com
- Instagram Shopping Ads: A Simpler Path to Purchase, www.ppchero.com
- Pinterest, armed with new ad products, faces uphill battle with ad buyers, digiday.com
- Snapchat Is Blazing Its Own Media Trail by Constantly Charting New Territory, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat’s immediacy creates highly in-tuned users, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Twitter Announces Twitter Developer Communities, www.adweek.com
- We Took Facebook’s e-Learning Courses for Journalists, www.newswhip.com
- ABC News, Facebook Live Gear Up for Election Day, www.adweek.com
- For Native Video, Publishers And Advertisers Need To Meet In The Middle, adexchanger.com
- In Most Households, Video Viewers Have Their Pick of Many Devices, www.emarketer.com
- The NFL is producing a virtual reality video series exclusively for Google, www.recode.net
- The Value of YouTube’s New End Screens Feature for Brands and Publishers, tubularinsights.com
- Vimeo is launching a consumer-facing subscription video service, techcrunch.com
- YouTube Creator Blog: New tools to shape conversations in your comments section, youtube-creators.googleblog.com
- YouTube is still having trouble getting people to pay for YouTube, www.theverge.com