Marketing Day: Email automation, marketing budgets & updates to Facebook Pages
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Get into the email automation game
Aug 28, 2017 by Ryan Phelan
If you haven’t yet set up an automation program for your email marketing, now is the time. Contributor Ryan Phelan walks through the key steps that will help you build a successful marketing automation program.
- Navigating the crowded seas of marketing technology solutions
Aug 28, 2017 by Alicia Wiedemann
With an exhaustive list of martech solutions to choose from, how do you decide which will work best for your business? Contributor Alicia Wiedemann sets you on the right course with these tips.
- The secret formula for determining a marketing budget
Aug 28, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Determining a marketing budget can be frustrating. Are you investing enough? Are your marketing dollars being applied in the most efficient way? How do you know if what you’re doing is working? Lou Covey, principal of Footwasher Media Agency, has decades of experience helping clients hit that marketing budget “sweet spot.”
- Facebook bans Pages sharing fake news from buying ads
Aug 28, 2017 by Tim Peterson
If Pages repeatedly post links flagged as fake by third-party fact-checkers, Facebook will block them from buying ads until they stop sharing those posts.
- The age of analytics democratization
Aug 28, 2017 by Jeff Allen
How many people in your organization are reaping the benefits of data? Contributor Jeff Allen says if it’s not everyone, you may need to rethink your analytics strategy.
- Is Google getting ready to buy Marketo?
Aug 28, 2017 by Barry Levine
That’s one of the possibilities raised by the recent announcement of a multilevel alliance between the two companies.
- ‘Larger than usual’ ad fraud on exchanges prompts Google to offer advertiser refunds
Aug 25, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Ads were bought using DoubleClick Bid Manager. Google now seeking refund assurances from exchanges if fraud is discovered.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to Make Your Website Better for Analytics, Content Marketing Institute
- Apple to Hold Product Launch Event on Sept. 12, Wall Street Journal
- Facebook unveils center to teach Brazilian coders, entrepreneurs, Reuters
- Tech Firms Team Up to Take Down “WireX” Android DDoS Botnet, Krebs on Security
- How to Create Quality Blog Posts Surprisingly Rapidly, Marketo
- The Importance of Content Communities, CopyPressed
- The Sad Story of a Lonely Piece of Content, CMS Wire
- 6 Lessons for Successful Back to School Retail Campaigns, Multichannel Merchant
- Report: Retailers struggle to improve customer service on social platforms, Digiday
- Smart Global Ecommerce: The Complete How-To Checklist for Expanding Internationally, Shopify Plus
- 15 Things Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Email, The Blog Tyrant
- Email Deliverability: Inbox Placement Benchmarks by Industry, 2017, MarketingProfs
- For Many Marketers, Email Is Still King, eMarketer
General Internet Marketing
- Chrome will soon let you permanently mute websites, Android Police
- How Brands can use Strategic Incentives to Influence Consumer Behavior, MarTech Advisor
- How Marketers Can Prepare for the GDPR, CMS Wire
Internet Marketing Industry
- 4INFO Announces General Availability of Onboarding Solution Built for a Mobile-First World, PR Web
- Forcepoint Acquires RedOwl, Extends Global Human-Centric Security Leadership, PR Newswire
- Augmented advertising: The new concept you need to know now, Digiday
- Trove’s AI scans company emails to unlock professional networks, VentureBeat
- In-App Purchases Now: Insights to Driving Mobile Revenue, Leanplum
- Micro-Moments Now: Why you should be the adviser consumers are searching for, Think with Google
- Thousands of Android apps use phone without your permission: eZanga, CNBC
- 8 Best Practices for Brands Using Instagram Stories, Tubular Insights
- Blocking Ads from Pages that Repeatedly Share False News, Facebook Newsroom
- What works on Instagram for publishers and brands, NewsWhip
- Amazon’s social media “Influencers” program opens up to YouTube stars, TechCrunch
- Selling With Video: YouTube and Facebook Video Marketing, Social Media Examiner
- Upload Video to Google Maps Listings – New Google Local Feature, Blumenthals
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.