Marketing Day: Early .Sucks Domain Registrants, Facebook Updates Video Insights & More
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Big Brands, Sports Teams, Celebrities & Tech Companies Among 3,400+ Early .sucks Domain Registrants
Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon & Salesforce all bought .sucks domains. So did the NFL, Taylor Swift and a couple of the guys in Metallica.
- Datameer Releases Multi-Channel Analytics Application
New martech tool integrates with Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics and digital ads and provides a unified analysis of marketing efforts.
- Facebook Updates Video Insights To Give Overall View Of Performance
Now Page admins will be able to better measure how their videos are resonating with the Facebook audience.
- Choosing the Right Images for Your Ads- July 14 Webcast
A picture is worth a thousand words
- Mobile Video Views Jump 100% YoY In Q1 2015, Up 367% Since 2013 [Report]
Video advertising platform Ooyala says smartphone video plays are outpacing tablets four-to-one.
- Honda’s “Random Acts of Helpfulness” Surprise Deserving Dads on Father’s Day
A Southern California dealers’ group solicits nominations via social media, then showers the lucky fathers with gifts.
- Google Addresses Fat Finger Ad Clicks On Mobile
It just got harder to make accidental ad clicks on your phone.
- 5 Steps To Jump-Starting Your Programmatic Strategy
How do you unleash the benefits of programmatic advertising? Columnist Melody Gambino offers some key steps to get you started.
- Rights Management 101: The Do’s and Don’ts of User-Generated Content
If you’re tapping into user-generated content, you need to be cautious with how you interact with your fans, says columnist Jordan Kretchmer. He offers these tips on how to play it safe.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Yahoo Signs Deal With Oracle To Attract New Users Via Java Installs
- 9 Outcomes Of Google’s Pirate Algorithm: Should You Be Concerned?
- Spammy Structured Markup Penalty & Recovery – Use Schema Markup With Caution!
- Search In Pics: Twitter Golden State Warriors Cake, YouTube Candy & Google Park
- The Google Mobile Search Carousel Adds Pinterest Pins, Vines, Houzz & Food Network Recipes
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 3 Chrome Blogging Extensions to Watch Out for 2015, www.blogherald.com
- This Blogger Spends Hours Every Day Responding to Comments, smallbiztrends.com
- 10 Tools To Help With The Content Creation Process, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for July 2015, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Can Branded Content Validate Yahoo’s Tumblr Buy?, adexchanger.com
- How to Create Content That Your VIPs Will Share, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Ninja Guide to Content Creation: Top 10 Writing Tools, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- RevResponse Connects Publishers With B2B Content Marketers, adexchanger.com
- Top 3 Content Curation Mistakes You’re Making, www.cmswire.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Google and Red Robin Made a Terminator Banner Ad That’s Cool, www.adweek.com
- Boost Your Brand’s Global Reach by Taking Advantage of the New gTLDs, www.marketingprofs.com
- ICANN Best Estimate For New gTLD Renewal Rate 50%; 25% For Free Domains: 35% Worst Case, www.thedomains.com
- Same-sex marriage domain names are trending, domainnamewire.com
- As they expand internationally, e-retailers must play by the local rules of payment, www.internetretailer.com
- Digital Identification Requires a Balance of Trust and Consumer Convenience, www.emarketer.com
- 4 Email Marketing Trends in 2015, www.toprankblog.com
- Mobile Remains Critical for CPG Email Opens, www.emarketer.com
- The 5 Essential Elements of a Fundraising Email, blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
- Don’t Ignore Millennials: What the U.S. Open Taught Us About Digital Marketing, www.adweek.com
- Marketing Awards: How To Win And Boost Your Business, heidicohen.com
- Mobile DMPs Nudge Their Way Onto The Ad Tech Scene, adexchanger.com
- The word from Cannes: Ad tech isn’t sexy, but it lets creatives do their best work, digiday.com
- Ground Signal Looks to Help Brands Understand Location And Influence Consumers, streetfightmag.com
- Missed opportunities of mobile messaging, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Mobile psychology: how do smartphoners behave differently to desktoppers?, econsultancy.com
- The Message Is Clear: Emoji Are Here To Stay, adexchanger.com
- Why Marketers Should Care About the Apple Watch, adage.com
- Why Mobile Shopping Remains an Upper-Funnel Affair, www.emarketer.com
- 10 Facts You Need to Know About Social Media in 2015, simplymeasured.com
- 3 Inspirational Social Media Campaigns to Empower Women, www.convinceandconvert.com
- A Retrospective Look at Social, www.portent.com
- Adam Bain Talks About Keeping Twitter Innovative at Cannes, www.adweek.com
- B2B Social Media: 5 Practices for Doing It Right, www.cmswire.com
- Brands Join the Gay-Marriage Celebration in Social Media, adage.com
- Facebook Users Spend 14 Hours Per Month on Its Mobile App, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Which Social Analytics Tools Ranked Highly in Customer Service and Market Share?, www.adweek.com
- #ProudToLove and proud to celebrate marriage equality, youtube-global.blogspot.com
- As Viewers Migrate To Mobile, Data Helps ESPN Gauge “Total Audience”, adexchanger.com
- Digital Video Viewing Builds Slowly in Germany, www.emarketer.com
- Gary Vaynerchuk: YouTube Channel Review – Through the ‘Reel’ Wringer, www.reelseo.com
- How YouTube’s Michael Stevens Makes Learning Cool, blogs.wsj.com
- Meerkat Outs An Embeddable Player, Hooks Discovery Channel’s Shark Week, techcrunch.com
- Publishers Can Help Programmatic Democratize The Video Media Economy, adexchanger.com
- Shoppable video: the missing piece of your marketing strategy?, econsultancy.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech