Marketing Day: E-Commerce Report, Jet.com’s Video Campaign & Periscope Offers Landscape Video
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- E-Commerce Conversion Rates Improve In Q2 After Several Declining Quarters [Report]
Sep 11, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Performance improvements occurred across all devices.
- Jet Tries Quirky Branding Effort That Turns Customers’ Shopping Carts Into Videos
Sep 11, 2015 by Pamela Parker
The fledgling e-commerce site steps out with an attention-getting one-day real-time video-making effort, with the hope of intriguing customers and prospects with its humor and personality.
- Report: Google & Twitter Are Working On Accelerated Mobile Pages For Publishers
Sep 11, 2015 by Martin Beck
The companies are developing an open source version of “instant articles” to solve the problem of slow loading mobile sites, Recode reports.
- Standing On Shoulders Of Apple Pay, Google’s Android Pay Officially Launches
Sep 11, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Google was first with Wallet. But it was blocked by frightened mobile carriers, and beyond that, it failed to capture the imagination of users. Apple’s later-arriving Apple Pay got the user experience right and helped educate the market, laying the groundwork for Google mobile payments take two: Android Pay.
- Get Ready For A Shift To Consumer-Centric Marketing
Sep 11, 2015 by Nathan Safran
What can you do to move your organization away from silos and toward an approach that centers on the customer journey? Columnist Nathan Safran shares tips and explains why the change is critical.
- The Psychology Of Clicking “Buy Now”
Sep 11, 2015 by Neil Patel
The “buy now” button can be a powerful way to boost sales. But what’s the underlying reason behind impulse purchases? Columnist Neil Patel explains the psychology of the “buy now” process and when marketers should take advantage of it.
- Why You Need To Make Video Part Of Your Marketing Automation Strategy
Sep 11, 2015 by Michael Litt
Video can offer marketers powerful insights about customers, says columnist Michael Litt, which is why integrating it into your marketing automation platform is critical.
- Social Media – Risk or Reward for Your Brand? September 22 Webcast
Sep 10, 2015 by Marketing Land
With social media hacks increasing in frequency and severity, all organizations need help managing social media risk.
- Periscope Flips, Now Also Offers Landscape Video
Sep 10, 2015 by Martin Beck
Broadcasters now have the option to shoot horizontally on the Twitter-owned network.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google May Add Structured Markup & Data To Ranking Algorithm
- Baidu Upgrades Mobile Virtual Assistant With Local Commerce Services
- Sitelinks, Callouts & Structured Snippets, Oh My!
- Search In Pics: Google Parent Day, Google Code Poster & Sofa Ball Pit
- The Google My Business App Gets An Update
- September 15: GTINs Required In Google Shopping Feeds In US And Other Markets
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Using Analytics to Personalize Your Digital Experience, www.cmswire.com
- What’s New With OpenText’s Big Data Analytics?, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 3 Resources to Help You Pinpoint and Thrive in Your Niche, www.copyblogger.com
- How To Create Great Content For Your Blog, www.problogger.net
- California Gov. Vetoes Drone Restrictions; Win For Amazon, Google, blogs.wsj.com
- Exploring Three New Cities for Google Fiber, googlefiberblog.blogspot.com
- Yahoo Loses CMO, Media Boss Kathy Savitt, adage.com
- 5 Steps Toward Personalizing Your Content, www.silverpop.com
- 8 Big Myths of Content Marketing, www.jeffbullas.com
- Content Marketing Projects That Are Taking the World by Storm, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Write Content Worth Reading: 3 Listicle Hacks from the Pros, www.searchinfluence.com
- The Changing Face Of Using Live Chat For Conversion, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Five Best-Practices for Real-Time Contextual Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- Huge victory for Domain Registrars and Parking companies in GoDaddy court case, domainnamewire.com
- Internet Regulators Just Legitimized The Dark Web, motherboard.vice.com
- 17 retailers start overnight deliveries with Google Express, www.internetretailer.com
- E-business managers plan increased spend on new e-commerce sites, www.internetretailer.com
- eBay unveils a more merchant-friendly rating system, www.internetretailer.com
- Etsy to Test Same-Day Delivery Option in New York City With Postmates, recode.net
- Growing internationally through online marketplaces, www.internetretailer.com
- Make Your eCommerce Site More Interactive with 10 Simple Tips, smallbiztrends.com
- The Case for Registering Online Shoppers, www.practicalecommerce.com
- The Top 10 Global E-Commerce Markets, www.marketingprofs.com
- Complete Guide to Email Marketing Metrics, www.verticalresponse.com
- Holiday Marketing Already in Full Swing, blog.movableink.com
- How to Avoid Common Email Blunders, blog.marketo.com
General Internet Marketing
- Agencies, It’s Time to Own Multichannel Marketing, adage.com
- How to create and manage brand advocates, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Announcing Social Explorer™- A Free Twitter Influencer tool, blog.majestic.com
- HookLogic Secures $15.5 Million Growth Round, www.businesswire.com
- Olapic Joins Facebook Marketing Partner Program, www.marketwired.com
- Data Isn’t Blinding Marketers, Technology Is, www.1to1media.com
- What are the technologies that will define the future of customer experience?, www.mycustomer.com
- As Eyeballs Move To Mobile, Publishers And Marketers Still Struggle To Adapt, adexchanger.com
- Facebook’s Messenger Topples YouTube, Second Most Popular App in the U.S., smallbiztrends.com
- Mobile Advertising Versus Other Ad Formats, What’s the Difference?, smallbiztrends.com
- Sheryl Sandberg: Facebook Pages Are Mobile Presence for Small Businesses, blogs.wsj.com
- Starbucks’ app update raises bar on mobile payments, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Authors are turning Twitter into a literary genre, 140 characters at a time, qz.com
- Don’t Hold Back: Speak Your Mind on Social Media, www.marketingprofs.com
- Facebook “Likes” Mean a Computer Knows You Better Than Your Mother, blogs.wsj.com
- Facebook Website Custom Audiences: A Definitive Guide for Remarketing, www.jonloomer.com
- How to Identify Your Best Social Media Influencers, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Use Your CEO’s Twitter Account to Build Brand Loyalty, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Improving Your Business With Social Media, www.compukol.com
- Is Instagram Direct a Threat to Snapchat?, www.adweek.com
- Why Channel 4 is adopting targeted video ads, digiday.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech