Marketing Day: Digital ad spend report, Android Instant Apps & Yahoo earnings
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Super Bowl LI advertisers: Here are the brands gearing up for game day
Jan 24, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Marketing Land is keeping track of this year’s Super Bowl LI brands, with updates as new advertisers and campaign details are announced.
- Oracle complains to EU that Google now has unfair ad-targeting advantage
Jan 24, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The company argues that Google’s ability to combine datasets exceeds rivals.
- 7 easy wins to add to your email marketing to-do list
Jan 24, 2017 by Chad White
Looking to step up your email marketing program this year? From animated GIFs to responsive email design, columnist Chad White shares seven ways to give your email marketing a boost.
- Sales, awareness of Amazon Echo skyrocket in Q4, analysts say
Jan 24, 2017 by Matt McGee
Amazon’s aggressive marketing push and price discounts appear to be paying off.
- Zvelo releases ‘first free bot detection service’
Jan 24, 2017 by Barry Levine
The new service from the Denver-area detector of malicious data can show percentages of non-human traffic to ads or sites.
- Shopping centers reinvented: 2017 and beyond
Jan 24, 2017 by Allan Haims
From parklike atmospheres to in-store mobile offerings, columnist Allan Haims explains how shopping centers can shake up the brick-and-mortar experience to stay relevant.
- Trump’s tweets dampen social sentiment toward brands, even when they’re nice
Jan 24, 2017 by Tim Peterson
When @realDonaldTrump mentions a brand, positive social media sentiment around that brand declines, according to an analysis by 4C.
- Report: Digital ad spend growth slowed in 2016; Snapchat overtook Pinterest
Jan 24, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Retail and consumer electronics pulled back from digital in favor of TV in Q4, according to Standard Media Index.
- Google starts releasing live Android Instant Apps
Jan 24, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
BuzzFeed, Wish, Periscope and Viki are the first Android apps released with Android Instant App availability.
- Report: By end of 2017 there will be more than 30 million voice assistants in US homes
Jan 23, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Voice app retention turns out to be a bigger problem on intelligent assistant devices than on smartphones.
- Yahoo beats Q4 earnings expectations, pushes closing of Verizon deal into Q2
Jan 23, 2017 by Greg Sterling
MaVeNS (mobile, video, native, social) properties and ad units generated over $2 billion for the year, or 39 percent of total revenue.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Top 7 Affiliate Marketing Companies and Top CPS Network, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Marketers Want to Start Measuring Emoji Viewability, www.adweek.com
- Whither Web Analytics: A Review of 2016 and What’s to Come, www.webanalyticsworld.net
Blogs & Blogging
- Blogging in 2017: How to Disrupt and Get Noticed, www.problogger.net
- How To Measure The Success Of Your Guest Post, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Tumblr Adds Snapchat-Like Stickers and Filters for Photos and GIFs, www.adweek.com
- New York Times editor Quentin Hardy is heading to Google, www.recode.net
- LinkedIn’s Kevin Scott Named CTO at Microsoft, www.adweek.com
- Content strategists take heed! 10 lessons from The New York Times’ 2020 report, econsultancy.com
- How to Create Authentic Hyperlocal Content At Scale, moz.com
- 8 Proven Ways to Skyrocket Your Website’s Conversion Rate, www.jeffbullas.com
- How Intuitive Website Design Is The Key To Better Conversions, usabilitygeek.com
- What Does the Future Hold for Conversion Optimization?, conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How to Easily Translate Your WordPress Website, www.wpexplorer.com
- Intuitive Copywriting: How to Say The Right Thing, in The Right Place,, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Display Advertising Statistics for Different Types of Digital Ads, smallbiztrends.com
- 13 Chatbots on Facebook Messenger, for Merchants, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Amazon’s U.S. Echo sales top 8 million, www.internetretailer.com
- Amazon’s next frontier to conquer? Auto parts, nypost.com
- B2B Companies Struggle with Outdated E-Commerce Software, komarketing.com
- China’s Alibaba reports a 54% increase in revenue in Q3, www.internetretailer.com
- Does Cart Abandonment Really Come Down to Cost?, www.emarketer.com
- How to Set eCommerce Prices, smallbiztrends.com
- 3 Ways Top Brands Create Engaging Year-In-Review Emails, movableink.com
- Fresh start for 2017: 8 steps to spiffing up your email campaign, www.verticalresponse.com
- How to Reach Mobile Email Subscribers: Tips for Email Marketers, www.marketingprofs.com
- Making Responsive HTML Email Coding Easy With MJML, www.smashingmagazine.com
General Internet Marketing
- “Hey $FNAME” is Dead. Here’s How to Personalize Marketing in 2017, blog.kissmetrics.com
- 6 Proven Strategies for Effective Community Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Why 2017 Will Be The Year of Targeting, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Localytics Launches Major Update to True Impact Campaign Reporting, www.prnewswire.com
- New Research Reveals Global Social Media Use Increased by 21 Percent in 2016, Market Wired
- Newly Enhanced Evergage Recommend Changes the Way Digital Marketers Provide 1:1 Experiences, www.evergage.com
- Tapad Partners with WideOrbit to Offer Programmatic TV Inventory, PR Newswire
- 4 pressing problems that AI marketing can solve, venturebeat.com
- AI Could Help Community Managers Boost Engagement, www.cmswire.com
- How AI will impact marketing and the customer experience, econsultancy.com
- App Stores Start to Mature – 2016 Year In Review, blog.appfigures.com
- Apple will finally let developers respond to App Store reviews, techcrunch.com
- What mcommerce retailers can learn from a mobile shopping addict, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Why 2017 Will Be the Year of the “Micro Moment”, streetfightmag.com
- Why Mobile Adoption Is Punishing The Biggest Department Stores, adexchanger.com
- 139 Facts About Instagram, www.adweek.com
- 3 Tips To Better Understand Your Facebook Audiences, www.ppchero.com
- 5 Ways to Sell More Products via Social Media, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Create Your Own Snapchat Geofilter, www.copypress.com
- Facebook’s Creative Shop: What Can It Do For Small Businesses (And Itself)?, www.fastcompany.com
- Getting Extra Mileage From Your Social Media Engagement, www.compukol.com
- Here’s How You Can Post To Instagram From Your Computer, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- How to Become a Social Media Marketing Superstar, www.adweek.com
- How to Make Use of Pinterest’s Shopping Features, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Instagram Emoji Study – Emojis lead to higher interactions, www.quintly.com
- Snapchat Lets Advertisers Buy Ads Based On Nielsen Ratings, adage.com
- Australian & NZ YouTube Ads Leaderboards, www.thinkwithgoogle.com
- Facebook bug would’ve let anyone delete any video, techcrunch.com
- Instagram Is Getting Ready to Introduce Live Stories to Users Globally, www.adweek.com
- The Millennial Woman on YouTube, tubularinsights.com
- YouTube Super Chat: How It Works, Features, & More, mediakix.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.