Marketing Day: Digital ad revenues, Fuel Cycle’s exchange for third-party tools & GDPR
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- IAB says digital ad revenues up 21% to $88B in 2017. Left unsaid: The duopoly dominated that growth
May 10, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
Mobile grew 36 percent year over year to $49.9 billion, accounting for 57 percent of overall digital ad revenues in the US.
- What is ad effectiveness, and how does it help your business?
May 10, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Humor aside, Wanamaker wasn’t joking. And the challenge still remains with brands struggling to accurately capture the performance of their online ad campaigns amidst a fragmented array of marketing touch points.
- Fuel Cycle expands its audience research platform with launch of exchange for third-party tools
May 10, 2018 by Barry Levine
Described as the first of its kind, the Exchange integrates analytical and other third-party tools within the platform.
- As GDPR approaches, marketers are moving away from their reliance on third-party data
May 10, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
- Android P: AI inside and simplification outside
May 9, 2018 by Greg Sterling
The “P” also stands for paternalism, as Google tries to help users break their phone addictions.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Prediction, anticipation and influence: The importance of AI and machine learning in loyalty programs
May 10, 2018 by Jose Cebrian
Contributor Jose Cebrian explains how artificial intelligence and machine learning have great potential to transform loyalty programs.
- Urban Airship adds first marketing platform support for the new Android Pay tickets and passes
May 10, 2018 by Barry Levine
The digital wallet-based items, now used in the millions on the iPhone, were just announced this week by Google.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- B2B vs. B2C Marketing Personalization in Digital Channels, MarketingProfs
- Break Free: 5 Tips to Differentiate Your Brand, Marketo
- Email Testing: 7 tips from your peers for email conversion optimization, MarketingSherpa
- How personalisation can improve mobile site speed (and conversion), Econsultancy
- How to Build a Branded App (and Never Look Back), Content Marketing Institute
- How to reduce friction at checkout with alternative payments, Retail Dive
- Is Gmail Sabotaging Your Email Marketing?, AWeber
- Mobile ad fraud rates double, with shopping apps hardest hit, Mobile Marketer
- Russian Ads Released by Congress, Facebook Newsroom
- Solving the Digital Experience Puzzle to Drive Customer Loyalty, CMS Wire
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.