Marketing Day: Digital Ad Revenue Report, YouTube’s Trending Tab & Facebook’s Year In Review
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- US Digital Advertising Revenues Hit $15 Billion For Another Record Quarter [IAB]
Dec 10, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Revenues in Q3 were up 5% from Q2’s $14.3 billion.
- Marketing Relationship Platform BuzzStream Unveils Search Engine For Influencers
Dec 10, 2015 by Barry Levine
The new Discovery tool allows a marketer to search by name or topic and get results showing the biggest influencers and their detailed profiles.
- Data Analytics Self-Assessment And Guide
Dec 10, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
See how marketers can harness the power of data analytics to deliver measurable, value-added results. This guide from Arke Univerity describes the four Vs of Big Data and their role in data analytics; identifies internal sources of data and associated platforms and systems; and explains how marketers use descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive data.
- Facebook’s Cost Per 10-Second Video View Ad Option Is Now Available Globally
Dec 10, 2015 by Martin Beck
But Facebook still recommends advertisers optimize for total views because its data shows that even very brief views increase recall and brand lift.
- Exclusive: Twitter’s Richard Alfonsi Talks Direct Response Advertising Growth Efforts
Dec 10, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The Twitter ad executive also announces three test expansions and talks about the TellApart acquisition and DoubleClick deal.
- Six Steps To AdWords Conversion Tracking Bliss
Dec 10, 2015 by Matt Lawson
Conversions in AdWords have evolved a lot in recent months. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson covers what you need to do to take full advantage.
- Facebook Makes Another Accommodation For People With Slower Connections
Dec 10, 2015 by Martin Beck
People with sketchy or no connection to the internet will be shown unviewed stories already loaded in their phones.
- New Insights: The Consumer Journey For Electronics
Dec 10, 2015 by John Cosley
What does the path to purchase look like for those making major electronics purchases? Columnist John Cosley of Microsoft shares key insights from the company’s research on the topic.
- How Personalization Made Email Marketing Cool Again
Dec 10, 2015 by Alyssa Nahatis
Has email marketing gone out of style? Some marketers may think so, but columnist Alyssa Nahatis argues that new technologies and capabilities have made this channel as powerful as ever.
- YouTube’s New Trending Tab Shows Videos As They Go Viral
Dec 10, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Google says videos are curated based on comments, views, novelty and external references.
- YouTube Rewinds With Its Biggest Creators & Shares The Most Viral Videos Of 2015
Dec 10, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
This year’s most watched YouTube videos generated 25 million hours of watch-time from channels with a collective 40 million subscribers.
- A Data-Driven Approach To Customer Retention
Dec 10, 2015 by Jeff Hirsch
In an age where the internet has given consumers nearly limitless choices, contributor Jeff Hirsch believes that companies need to stand out by using data to create personalized customer experiences.
- To Buy Or Not To Buy: When “Quick And Simple” Is Just A Lie
Dec 10, 2015 by Brian Massey
Be careful about what you promise to deliver on your website, warns columnist Brian Massey. The bottom line: Don’t promise something if it isn’t true.
- Advertisers Can Now Tap Into The Total Twitter Audience As Promoted Tweets Will Be Served To Logged Out Visitors
Dec 10, 2015 by Greg Finn
Logged in or not, Twitter ads are coming! New targeting will allow advertisers to reach the entirety of Twitter with their messaging.
- Mobile Attribution Platform AppsFlyer Unleashes Really Real-Time Reporting On App Installs
Dec 10, 2015 by Barry Levine
Marketers don’t have to reload the screen to see their app installs happening Right Now all over the world.
- San Francisco Advertising Agencies Targeting | Psychographic Hot House
Dec 10, 2015 by Sponsored Content: aimClear
There are any number of reasons one might market to marketers! Perhaps you offer a symbiotic service and seek agency partners or investors. Ad agencies can be fertile territory.
- Facebook’s Year In Review Is Heavy On Heavy News
Dec 9, 2015 by Martin Beck
The US presidential election and the terror attacks in Paris were the most discussed topics on Facebook in 2015.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Launches Smart Goals For Advertisers That Don’t Have Conversion Tracking
- Bing’s New “Menu Favorites” Feature Recommends Dishes Based On User Reviews
- Marketer’s Guide: SEO Software Platforms
- RLSA Vs. Customer Match In AdWords: Similar But Different
- Is Google’s Search Market Share Actually Dropping?
- Japan Courts Order Removal Of Criminal Activity From Search As Privacy Violation
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Data Driven Holiday Marketing Strategies, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Use Marketing Forecasts to Improve Your Strategy, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Making the Business Case for Social Analytics Software, simplymeasured.com
- Measuring Meaningful Impact With Thoughtful Metrics, www.cmo.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Places to Find B2B Marketing Blogging Ideas, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Tumblr’s Instant Messaging Now Available To All, Adds Support For Sharing Posts, techcrunch.com
- Yahoo CEO Mayer gives birth to identical twin girls, www.reuters.com
- Yahoo’s Course Is Less Certain, Wall Street Journal
- A Practical Approach to Using Powerful Cornerstone Content on Your Site, www.copyblogger.com
- Content Marketing Grows Up: Ann Handley’s Prediction for 2016, www.annhandley.com
- How to Get Ahead With Your Content in 2016, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Stop Worrying and Love Content Inventories and Audits, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Best Branded Content Partnerships of 2015, adage.com
- The Cognitive Science Behind Complex Content Retention, www.copypress.com
- Tips for the Year Ahead in Content Marketing, www.cmswire.com
- Top 10 Content Marketing Tools, www.koozai.com
- Why Visualization Matters in Data and Content Marketing, smallbiztrends.com
- 3 Steps For Troubleshooting Conversion Tracking, www.ppchero.com
- 7 Psychological Triggers for Mind-Blowing Conversions, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How To Boost Sales With These 8 Web Development Tricks, www.searchenginepeople.com
- UX trends in 2015: the experts’ view, econsultancy.com
- What is http/2 and Why Does Your Website Need It?, smallbiztrends.com
- Web Hosting for Optimized Page Load Speed, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 4 Cyber Week Observations for Next Year, blog.marketo.com
- Amazon helps Chinese merchants double their sales on Amazon sites in 2015, www.internetretailer.com
- Is Pinterest or Instagram better for driving ecommerce?, econsultancy.com
- Men Do More Holiday Shopping Online, www.emarketer.com
- November Holiday Ecommerce Sales Go International, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Study: 50% of shoppers searching Amazon make a purchase, www.retaildive.com
- The Ins and Outs on eCommerce, the Digital Transformation, and Customer Experience Management, www.getelastic.com
- Growing Your Business with Email Marketing Templates, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Holiday Email Activity Report: Nov. 30 – Dec. 6, blog.movableink.com
- How Working with a Partner Can Help You Build a Profitable Email Newsletter, blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
- 50 Influential Women in Digital Marketing, www.toprankblog.com
- 7 Strategies for Monitoring Your Competitors, www.convinceandconvert.com
- The Path to Personalization: Critical Success Factors, www.martechadvisor.com
- Three Quick Tips for Crushing Personalization and Achieving Brand Love, www.marketingprofs.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- 2015 Bot Traffic Report: Humans Take Back the Web, www.incapsula.com
- Eyeview Bolsters Leadership Team with Two New Executive Hires, www.prnewswire.com
- Factual Raises Another $35MM to Make Data Accessible to All, Market Wired
- Spinnaker Optimizes Prospect & Client Engagement With Act-On, press.act-on.com
- 5 big martech challenges that marketers will face in 2016, chiefmartec.com
- Leading Marketers Use Predictive Technology to Distance Their Companies from the Pack, www.silverpop.com
- 6 Ways Local Merchants Can Use Rewards to Bring in Holiday Shoppers, streetfightmag.com
- 9 things you should know about the mobile marketing landscape — right now, venturebeat.com
- Boredom Makes For A Great App Retention Tool, adexchanger.com
- Everything You Need to Know About the Current State of Mobile Ad Fraud, www.adweek.com
- Find What You’re Looking for With the Updated Search App on iPhone, yahoosearch.tumblr.com
- Google is working on a split-screen feature for Android, venturebeat.com
- How two retailers are wooing smartphone-loving shoppers, www.retaildive.com
- In-store mobile payments grow by more than three times in 2015, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Introducing In-App Marketing, www.tune.com
- Mapping App Engagement Along Your Customer’s Lifecycle, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Marketers, You’re Doing Mobile Wrong: Six Steps for Doing It Right, www.marketingprofs.com
- Unleash Your App Reviews with Review Cards, blog.appfigures.com
- Wal-Mart enters mobile payment with launch of Walmart Pay, Reuters
- Why Location Management Matters in the Age of Mobile and Social, streetfightmag.com
- Why m-commerce mobile ads just jumped 9X, 3qdigital.com
- Why messaging apps are striking gold with peer-to-peer payments, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Can companies protect their reputations from fake online reviews?, econsultancy.com
- 5 Best Ways to Segment Social Audiences, www.adweek.com
- 5 Trends That Will Change How Companies Use Social Media In 2016, www.fastcompany.com
- Comparing Facebook at Work to Enterprise Social Networks, www.cmswire.com
- Facebook Ads vs. AdWords: Account Structure Differences, metrictheory.com
- Facebook service aimed at professionals to launch in coming months, www.reuters.com
- Facebook Shares Insights on Consumer Mobile Buying Habits, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Create Instagram Ads Using Facebook Ads Manager, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Make An Audience Love Your Brand on Facebook, www.jeffbullas.com
- New Facebook Features You Need to Use in 2016, authoritylabs.com
- The Ultimate Guide To Creating Your Social Media Calendar, blog.bufferapp.com
- Three brands doing social commerce right, digiday.com
- What were the most significant social media trends in 2015?, econsultancy.com
- Why You Shouldn’t Give a Damn About Twitter’s Share Count, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- 6 Types of Marketing Videos to Increase Your Conversions, vwo.com
- Getting the Most Out of Video Ads, www.cmswire.com
- New Yahoo Video Guide App Takes You From Searching to Streaming in Seconds, yahoo.tumblr.com
- The Secret To Shoppable Video is Not The Sales, adexchanger.com
- The Value of Building a Community Around Your Video Content, www.reelseo.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech