Marketing Day: Cyber Monday Reports, YouTube Opens Voting For Ad Of The Year & Display Ad Success
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Mobile Has Its Big E-Commerce Moment While Online Traffic & Conversions Hit Seasonal Highs
Dec 1, 2015 by Pamela Parker
Mobile devices were the stars of the online shopping show on Thanksgiving, while Black Friday activity indicates many chose to stay home on the big day — though that didn’t stop them from making purchases.
- Organically Grown Email Lists – The Inside Track For Agencies
Dec 1, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
When it comes to client email campaigns, agencies have a challenge – many clients don’t have a quality email list. Purchasing a list can kill deliverability, so your agency must organically grow a clean email list. But how do you do that?
- Cyber Monday Online Sales Top $3 Billion For Another Record-Setting Year
Dec 1, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Consumers flocked to online deals across devices.
- Flash Fades Further As Adobe Renames Its “Flash Professional” Animation Tool
Dec 1, 2015 by Barry Levine
Now called “Animate CC” and out early next year, the rebranded product is another indication that Adobe is trying to position itself as the leading maker of HTML5 tools.
- Google’s Chrome Android App Loads Pages Without Images When Low Bandwidth Detected
Dec 1, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Currently, the update only applies to users in India and Indonesia, but Google says it will be rolling out the new feature in more countries soon.
- YouTube Opens Voting For 2015’s Most Iconic Ads With Launch Of #TheYouTubeAd Of 2015 Contest
Dec 1, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Voters can choose their favorite ads from five different categories – from the one that “Gives You Feels” to the ad that “Gets You Going.”
- Brands, Take Back Control Of Your Data
Dec 1, 2015 by Benjamin Spiegel
Columnist Benjamin Spiegel discusses how to overcome the “data silo dilemma” big brands face when tapping multiple agencies to manage their data.
- The Big Social Tools Roundup From SocialPro
Dec 1, 2015 by Eric Enge
Columnist Eric Enge brings you the highlights from a session at the SocialPro conference focusing on tools to help you create, manage, promote and measure your social efforts.
- My Top 5 Favorite Apology Emails
Dec 1, 2015 by Chad White
Email marketing mistakes are inevitable, but there’s a lot you can learn from other brands’ attempts to make amends. Columnist Chad White compiles a list of his favorite email apologies.
- 3 Steps To Display Advertising Success
Dec 1, 2015 by Peter Isaacson
Don’t turn your nose up at display advertising. Columnist Peter Isaacson explains why it should be an integral part of your B2B marketing strategy.
- App Discovery Platform IronSource Launches “Fastest Growing Apps” Tool
Dec 1, 2015 by Barry Levine
The free web-based tool, the company said, is intended to help developers and marketers find “areas of opportunity.”
- Click-to-Call & Paid Search: Best Practices And Secrets From The Pros
Dec 1, 2015 by Sponsored Content: Marchex
Research from Google has shown that the most common response to a mobile, local search is a phone call. Advertisers have caught on, widely adopting click-to-call ad units in Google and Bing. In fact, consumers are expected to click-to-call directly from paid search ads to the tune of $4 billion in advertising spend in 2016.
- Millennials’ Growing Distrust Of Plastic Cards Pave Way For Digital Payments
Nov 30, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Less than a decade from now most payments will probably be made with apps in phones or smartwatches, using biometric triggers or other mechanisms that don’t involve swiping or using plastic cards.
- Could Google’s New Star Feature For Images Challenge Pinterest?
Nov 30, 2015 by Martin Beck
New bookmarking option for Google Images is only available on a personal account level, but there is social sharing potential down the road.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Search Spend Rose 20 Percent On Thanksgiving, Flat On Black Friday From A Year Ago
- [Reminder] Live Webcast – Search And The Local-Mobile Consumer
- Don’t Blame The Google Algorithm For Search Traffic Declines
- The Outreacher: Building Links With Social Skills & Science
- Optimizing For Mobile Search In 2016: A Continuous Process
- Google Drops Change Location Search Filter From Search Results
- Google Image Search Lets You Save Images For Later With Stars
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to create a digital marketing measurement strategy, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Three key steps to getting your marketing data & analytics ‘just right’, econsultancy.com
- Ad Exec Bob Lord To Leave AOL, techcrunch.com
- Time to reform 30 year-old ECPA for the digital age, yahoopolicy.tumblr.com
- 5 Visual Content Tools to Boost Engagement, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 8 Qualities of the Most Successful Small Business Content Marketing Case Studies, www.thesaleslion.com
- A Beginner’s Guide to Cornerstone Content: Answers to 9 Common Questions, www.copyblogger.com
- How to achieve the right tone of voice for your brand, econsultancy.com
- How to Diversify Your Content Strategy for Maximum Success, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How We Overcame 2015’s Top Content Marketing Challenges, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Using Webinars as a Content Marketing Tactic, www.toprankblog.com
- Three Key Differences Between A/B-Testing and Multivariate-Testing, www.marketingprofs.com
- Win More A/B Tests by Answering These 3 Questions, www.usertesting.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 8 Website Design Rules to Live By, www.verticalresponse.com
- Customer Experience Falls in Marketer Priority?, www.cmswire.com
- With a new “autobiographical” typeface, design legend Tobias Frere-Jones is back in business, qz.com
- 7 things Domainers should do before the end of the year, domainnamewire.com
- Nearly half the orders on Walmart.com since Thanksgiving have come from mobile devices, qz.com
- Tis the Season for E-Commerce, www.adweek.com
- Using the New Twitter Polls for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- $100,855 by segmenting to 6500 emails., www.sjo.com
- 6 clever examples of “oops!” emails, myemma.com
- Email add-to-cart rates jump in the third quarter, www.internetretailer.com
- Guide To Gmail Sponsored Promotions Ads, www.koozai.com
- How Gleam.Io Increased My Email List By 19,733%, www.goinflow.com
- Web.com Introduces Safe Email with Encryption for Business, smallbiztrends.com
General Internet Marketing
- 3 Overlooked Keys to Success With Influencer Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How Much Do Online Influencers Charge to Post About Brands?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Persona Research in Under 5 Minutes, moz.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Freeman and DoubleDutch Partner to Power the Digital Transformation in the Event Industry, doubledutch.me
- Monetate Influences One in Three Dollars Spent Online on Thanksgiving and Black Friday 2015, prnewswire-yahoopartner.tumblr.com
- ONE Mobile Partners with Moat to Measure In-App Viewability, www.prweb.com
- Semcasting Introduces the 2016 Political Data Suite With 100 Percent Reach and District Targeting, www.marketwired.com
- A Guide To Simple And Painless Mobile User Testing, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Another Popular App Leaves The Mac App Store, techcrunch.com
- Complex mobile sites put the Grinch in holiday shopping for some, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The last great bargain in mobile data is getting more expensive, qz.com
- Why Your Customers Are Uninstalling Your App, www.marketingprofs.com
- 5 Tips for Selling Products on Instagram, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 8 Creative Ways To Add Christmas Spirit To Your Social Media, www.jeffbullas.com
- Celebrate #GivingTuesday, the global day of giving, www.Twitter.com
- Facebook Adds Multiple Matching Options for Custom Audiences, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Testing Automatic Translation?, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Won’t Beat Amazon Or Pinterest With This Haphazard Shopping Feed, techcrunch.com
- How the Branded Hashtag Emoji is Taking Over Twitter, www.adweek.com
- How to Identify the Right Social Influencers, simplymeasured.com
- How to Plan a Rockstar B2B Social Media Marketing Plan, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Marketing on Reddit Is Scary, But These Success Stories Show Big Potential, www.adweek.com
- Psst: insider Twitter optimization secrets, 3qdigital.com
- The Ideal Facebook Cover Photo Size (And How To Make The Most of It), blog.bufferapp.com
- Why I no longer follow you or anyone on Twitter, www.cornwallseo.com
- 5 Reasons Why Video Is Your New Secret Weapon, blog.marketo.com
- Adobe launches its first video-editing app for Android, here’s how it works, venturebeat.com
- AOL’s Periscope Rival Signs First Moneymaking Brand Deal, adage.com
- From YouTube to Periscope: The Evolution of Web Video, www.adweek.com
- How Marketers Can Blend Video and Holiday Shopping, www.reelseo.com
- Should Animated Video be a Part of Your Content Strategy?, www.copypress.com
- Videology, TubeMogul And The Trade Desk Top Forrester’s Video DSP Wave, adexchanger.com
- With Google’s new immersive videos, you can feel what it’s like to be a ballet dancer, qz.com
- YouTube Enters The App Store’s Top Grossing Charts, Thanks To YouTube Red Subscriptions, techcrunch.com