Marketing Day: Content Marketing, YouTube Super Bowl Ad Views & LinkedIn Earnings
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Amy Gesenhues on February 5, 2016 at 4:00 pm | Reading time: 7 minutes
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- LinkedIn Shutters Ad Network, Focusing Resources On Sponsored Content
Feb 5, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Sponsored Content accounted for more than half of the company’s ad revenue in Q4.
- Attributing Retail Store Transactions To Online Clicks At Keyword Level
Feb 5, 2016 by Thomas Stern
Columnist Thomas Stern offers a sneak peek of results and winning tactics from the beta of Google AdWords’ online-to-in-store conversion tracking.
- How Healthy Is Your Content Marketing?
Feb 5, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
In our consumer-empowered world, it’s become more difficult for marketers to cut through clutter and a lot more challenging for them to garner loyalty with their audiences. That’s why smart content delivered in context will make you stand out in the crowd.
- Bring Your Work Home: How To Use Google AdWords To Improve Your Love Life
Feb 5, 2016 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, columnist Jacob Baadsgaard explains how you can use your search marketing expertise to keep the romance alive.
- Google Search Partner Network: Friend Or Foe?
Feb 5, 2016 by Andy Taylor
To include search partners or not to include search partners? That is the question for many AdWords advertisers. To help answer this question, columnist Andy Taylor shares data on search partner ad performance.
- Super Bowl Advertisers Will Reach A Big Audience, But Will They Miss Millennials?
Feb 5, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The Super Bowl is arguably the biggest media event of the year. Well over 100 million people in the US will tune in on Sunday – but, how many Millennials will be watching?
- What’s The Right Staffing Mix For Content Marketing Success?
Feb 5, 2016 by Rachel Lindteigen
Columnist Rachel Lindteigen believes a content marketing team that includes both marketers and journalists can help you tell the stories that appeal the most to your audience.
- Marketing Funnels And Buyer Journeys: What Are We Arguing About?
Feb 5, 2016 by Scott Vaughan
Think the marketing and sales funnel is obsolete? Think again. Columnist Scott Vaughan explains why the funnel as a measuring tool will help ensure your marketing efforts stay on track.
- YouTube: Super Bowl Ads Have 140 Million Views, Totaling More Than 1.7 Million Hours
Feb 5, 2016 by Matt McGee
Company says Hyundai and Pokémon have the most-watched Super Bowl commercials so far on its platform.
- Tying Keywords To Conversions In A “Not Provided” World
Feb 4, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Identifying and focusing on the keywords that drive traffic and conversions is critical to success in both organic and paid search campaigns. Yet it’s harder than ever to identify those keywords. Google’s encryption of search referral keywords means that SEOs have no visibility into natural search terms — the majority are “keyword not provided.”
- LinkedIn Reports Solid Q4 Earnings, But Stock Falls On 2016 Guidance
Feb 4, 2016 by Matt McGee
Company lowers expectations for this year’s revenue and earnings per share, sends stock down almost 30 percent in after-hours trading.
- Instagram Now Supports Multiple Accounts For Some iOS And Android Users
Feb 4, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Instagram is rolling out multi-account login to users of iOS, joining a handful of Android beta testers of the feature.
- Super Bowl 50 Advertisers: These Brands Are Ready To Play The Commercial Game
Feb 4, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
See which brands will be airing ads on the most-watched sports night of the year, along with their campaigns, teaser ads and more.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Sorry, No Emoji Allowed In Google PLAs (Frown Face)
- AdWords App For Android Now Supports Universal App Campaigns
- Hacked Content On The Rise: Take SEO Precautions To Protect Your Site
- Are You Digging Deeply Enough Into Geographic Optimizations?
- Search In Pics: GoogleBot Costume, Google Maps Peghog & Fancy Google Coffee Maker
- Google Has Penalized A Link Network In Japan
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate marketing offers alternative to crowded content marketplace, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The 5 Best Free WordPress Affiliate Marketing Plugins Compared, www.wpexplorer.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Top Apps to Help You Market Your Blog Like a Pro, www.blogherald.com
- 3 Resources to Help Beginners Become Professional Content Marketers, www.copyblogger.com
- 6 Types of Iteration Every Content Strategy Needs, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Automating Our Content Marketing: What We’ve Learned so Far, www.distilled.net
- Content Marketing’s Secret Sauce? Good Workflow, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Create Insanely Good Online Content, blogs.constantcontact.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Design Mock-Ups Need Dynamic Content, www.smashingmagazine.com
- How to Manage a Comprehensive Website Redesign, 3qdigital.com
- Journalism and Writing for the Web, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Why Responsive Design Is Not Mobile Optimization (and What to Do About It), conversionxl.com
- Marketing With Domain Names, dotweekly.com
- Amazon Alexa Can Now Order An Uber From Your Echo Speaker Or Fire TV, techcrunch.com
- Amazon expands quick delivery in the U.S., Japan, U.K., Belgium and India, www.internetretailer.com
- Are You Using Social Media Effectively For Your Ecommerce Business?, www.searchenginepeople.com
- eCommerce Conversion: 30 Proven Ideas To Catapult Your Revenue, blog.crazyegg.com
- How to lift ecommerce conversion rates when they’ve plateaued, econsultancy.com
- Replatforming Your Ecommerce System? Don’t Overlook Order Management, multichannelmerchant.com
- The Top eCommerce Conversion Optimization Resources, vwo.com
- Finish Line Tells Us What Customers Want in Email Marketing, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- How to Generate an Impressive Email Marketing List, www.blogherald.com
- The Surprisingly Best Times to Send Your Email Marketing Campaigns, www.verticalresponse.com
General Internet Marketing
- 3,000 Marketers from 17 Countries Can’t Be Wrong, thedma.org
- 7 Tips to Become an Influencer in Your Industry, www.jeffbullas.com
- An Online Marketing Guide for Valentine’s Day, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Four tips for capitalizing on the Super Bowl without spending millions, econsultancy.com
- Online-Offline Attribution: Why Marketers Struggle to Identify which Offer Works, www.martechadvisor.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Jellyfish hires Paramjeet Sanghera as chief technology officer, econsultancy.com
- Consumers Will Drive The Next $50 Billion in Ad Tech, adexchanger.com
- How Long Does it Take to Completely Incorporate New Technologies into Marketing Efforts?, www.emarketer.com
- Why LinkedIn Dumped a $175M MarTech Acquisition, www.cmswire.com
- Audience Engagement for Mobile App Marketers, blog.marketo.com
- How the SMB/Local Advertising Community Can Avoid “Bad Ads”, streetfightmag.com
- Why Don’t Consumers Buy More via Mobile?, www.emarketer.com
- Will mobile be the first screen during Super Bowl 50?, blog.operamediaworks.com
- Relationship Persona Targeting for Valentine’s Grand SLAMS, www.aimclearblog.com
- Did You Know That Social Media Sites Strip Images of IPTC Metadata?, librisblog.photoshelter.com
- Growing a Business on Instagram, blog.business.instagram.com
- LinkedIn acquires recruiting startup Connectifier, venturebeat.com
- LinkedIn Mobile: What Marketers Need to Know, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Media, Entertainment Brands Get Most Social Messages, Respond Least, www.adweek.com
- Run Lead-Generation Ads on Facebook Early in the Week, www.adweek.com
- See Which Pinterest Pins are Popular with Men, smallbiztrends.com
- The Most Followed, and Talked About, NFL Teams on Twitter, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Story Of Mark Zuckerberg’s TheFacebook.com, As Told By The Harvard Crimson In 2004, www.fastcompany.com
- The unglamorous life of a social media manager in the travel industry, digiday.com
- Twitter says it’s ‘suspended over 125,000 accounts’ related to terrorism, venturebeat.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech