Marketing Day: ComScore Smartphone Reports, Twitter Photo Updates & AdWords Campaign Settings
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Smartphone Data: Android Regains Share, But Apple Maps Wins The iPhone
Dec 7, 2015 by Greg Sterling
According to comScore’s latest data (October 2015) 78 percent of US mobile subscribers own smartphones. I suspect we’ll reach 80 percent penetration before the end of the year. Beyond this, things remain mostly the same in terms of market share and mobile app rankings.
- ZigZag: The New Consumer Journey Zeitgeist
Dec 7, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
YP Marketing Solutions commissioned IDC to conduct a survey to explore consumer search habits and to better understand how local search is evolving and what that means for national media planning and buying strategies.
- Don’t Procrastinate — SMX West Rates Increase Next Week
Dec 7, 2015 by Marketing Land
You can register for SMX West any time and get the latest SEO and SEM tactics. But why wait? Register now and save $300. Join us for the most comprehensive search engine marketing conference anywhere. You get three days of tactics, hacks and strategies that will improve SEM and SEO performance.
- Twitter Is Now Displaying Fuller Versions Of Photos In Your Web Feed
Dec 7, 2015 by Martin Beck
Images will now appear uncropped on twitter.com, meaning an end to awkward-looking crops. Company also revamps multi-photo display.
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Email Marketing Results: Mobile Open Rates Exceed 60%
Dec 7, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Movable Ink reports 76 percent of Black Friday emails and 63 percent of Cyber Monday emails were opened on a mobile device.
- 5 Things New Advertisers Need To Know About Google AdWords Campaign Settings
Dec 7, 2015 by Aaron Slusky
Google’s default settings often aren’t as advantageous as one might think. Columnist Aaron Slusky explains which settings you may want to change.
- SEO So Simple A Child Can Do It: In 5 Easy Steps
Dec 7, 2015 by Stephan Spencer
How difficult is it to master the SEO basics? According to columnist Stephan Spencer, it’s child’s play!
- Data & Analytics In 2016: Superstar Industry Experts Weigh In
Dec 7, 2015 by David Booth
What’s in store for data & analytics in the coming year? Columnist David Booth asks well-known experts — Justin Cutroni, Jim Sterne, Daniel Waisberg and more — for their 2016 predictions.
- Unlocking The Hidden Value Of Dynamic Number Insertion
Dec 7, 2015 by CJ Arseneau
Columnist CJ Arseneau explains how marketers can take advantage of dynamic number insertion technology, or keyword-level call tracking, to increase lead generation and caller engagement.
- Twitter Releases 2015 Year In Review With Top Trends, Topics, Moments & More
Dec 7, 2015 by Greg Finn
Take a stroll back through Twitter timelines with their 2015 Year In Review. See the top Tweets, topics and moments of the past year.
- Shareaholic: Twitter Sharing Drops 11% After Twitter Kills Share Counts
Dec 4, 2015 by Martin Beck
Data shows a significant drop in relative use of tweet buttons in the two weeks after Twitter turned off share count display.
- New Report From Fetch: TV Ads Boost App Installs
Dec 4, 2015 by Barry Levine
While the model/actress Kate Upton undoubtedly helped boost app installs in her Super Bowl ad appearance, a new report indicates TV ads in general are quite effective.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Foursquare CEO Crowley: “We Do Location Better Than Anybody Else”
- What Every Marketer Should Know About Social Audience Engagement
- DataHero Adds Support For Google AdWords Reporting
- Now Get A Second Line Of Structured Snippets In Adwords Text Ads
- Site Redesign & Migration Tips To Avoid SEO & UX Disasters
- How To Get Google Review Links After The G+ Update
- Stop Using Desktop Conversions For Mobile Search: 6 Strategies To Help Drive Mobile Calls
- Google Place Actions Rich Snippet Markup Documentation Posted & Then Removed From Developer Portal
- Google Android App Update Aimed At Musician, Actor, TV Show & Movie Searches
- Why We Don’t Buy: Consumer Attitudes On Shopping Cart Abandonment
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- A Really Big Guide to Finding Images for Your Blog, www.blogtyrant.com
- Free & Festive Resources For Your WordPress Blog, www.wpexplorer.com
- Sources For Finding Relevant News Stories For Blog Posts, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 4 Steps to Get Executive Buy-In for B2B Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 7 Strategies for Applying Agile Marketing Principles to Your Content Campaigns, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Content Marketing Best Practices You MUST Implement Starting NOW, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Here’s Why Your Content Isn’t Getting Shared, www.stonetemple.com
- The 3 Jobs of Content Marketing, and Why One Person Can’t Do Them All, contently.com
- What Is Content Marketing?, www.copyblogger.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Tips for Resolving Internal Design Disputes, www.usertesting.com
- How to Combine User-Centered Design and Agile Development, www.uxmatters.com
- How to Write Social Media Updates People Love, blog.bufferapp.com
- Twitter just went “all in” with Periscope domain names, domainnamewire.com
- 3 e-commerce tips you can implement during a holiday code-freeze, www.internetretailer.com
- 5 Ecommerce Content Marketing Trends for 2016, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Cyber Weekend Brings Significant Pageviews for Retailers, multichannelmerchant.com
- How e-retailers can drive sales between Black Friday and Christmas, www.internetretailer.com
- Smaller Boxes, Bigger Rewards: How to Survive the Holidays in Ecommerce, multichannelmerchant.com
- Strengthen the E-Commerce Experience with Data, www.cmswire.com
- Will Consumers Flock to Stores or Online for Holiday Purchases?, www.emarketer.com
- How to Get 10X More Out of Email Marketing, www.wordstream.com
- Make a Responsive Email Template Work for You, www.verticalresponse.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Things the Holidays Can Teach You about Personalization, multichannelmerchant.com
- What You Need to Know About the Global Ad Market, adage.com
- Why Should You Digitize Your Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- The race for the #1 and #2 marketing technology brands, chiefmartec.com
- Amazon Partners With Baidu To Launch Its Fire Tablet In China, techcrunch.com
- Growth of mobile commerce creates online and in-store opportunities, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Hollywood Is Getting Stealthier at Advertising With Mobile Messaging Apps, www.adweek.com
- How Many Apps Do Smartphone Owners Use?, www.emarketer.com
- How to Set Up a Winning Mobile Marketing Campaign, www.tune.com
- 5 Ways to Build a Listening Culture to Boost Reputation, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 4 Important Snapchat Metrics Your Brand Should Be Measuring, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 5 Ways to Grow Your Instagram Following and Build Community, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Results, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 7 Brands Who Are Keeping It Real on Facebook & Twitter, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 7 facts about holiday tech shoppers on Twitter, www.Twitter.com
- Establishing First Impression on Social Media, www.compukol.com
- Facebook shuts down Creative Labs, www.cnet.com
- How to Best Use Instagram This Holiday Season, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Create a Holiday Twitter Schedule, www.adweek.com
- How to Drive Online Revenue Using Social Media Quizzes, www.jeffbullas.com
- How to succeed with visual content, according to Instagram’s top creative, econsultancy.com
- How To Tap Into The Reddit Community, blog.crazyegg.com
- Is Social Media Safe for Women? Glamour Study Examines Online Harassment, www.adweek.com
- Twitter Users Call Foul as It Switches Moments and Notifications Buttons, www.adweek.com
- 14 Video Tools for Social Media Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How To Add Video To Your Online Marketing Strategy, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Most Smartphone, Desktop Video Ad Views Support Short-Form Content, www.emarketer.com
- To Reach Millennial Mothers, Viacom Teams Up With YouTube’s ‘What’s Up Moms’, www.adweek.com
- What Facebook Live Video could mean for marketers, venturebeat.com
- Why Brands Are Ditching Twitter’ 6-Second Vine App, www.adweek.com
- YouTube, Facebook and India: Online Video’s Sleeping Giant?, www.reelseo.com